Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

They do a countdown show to 128 yet?

yea, they aired it on Tuesday i believe...
Also UFC just announced Fitch vs. Penn 2 for UFC 132 ... the 4th of july weekend show...

Fitch 
pimp.gif
What is Fitch gonna do differently? If he wins, another decision.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

They just announced Chan Sung Jung v. Leonard Garcia 2 @ UFN 24

Hopefully my dude zombie wont let it go to the judges this time.
i'm not sure how jung will fight for the rematch.  after roop cracked his skull with that headkick, he was depressed and didn't want to be the korean zombie anymore.  he said the zombie is gone and he's going to fight smarter because winning is the most important thing.  i hope he keeps the nickname, it's too ill.  garcia must be the luckiest fighter, he's gotten a lot of questionable decisions go his way.

Originally Posted by shogun

i'm not sure how jung will fight for the rematch.  after roop cracked his skull with that headkick, he was depressed and didn't want to be the korean zombie anymore.  he said the zombie is gone and he's going to fight smarter because winning is the most important thing.  i hope he keeps the nickname, it's too ill.  garcia must be the luckiest fighter, he's gotten a lot of questionable decisions go his way.

well its good to see he's at Team Alpha Male now.  Hopefully they can teach dude some wrestling and takedowns to help mix his game up.  Maybe also learn to use some head movement.

From Bas Rutten...

At first I thought, (Jon Jones) 23 years old, maybe it's too early. But then I go, if I have to put money down I think I'd put it on (Jon Jones). And the reason I said that is, every time he fights a wrestler who supposed to be better than him, he just schools these guys and takes them down. So in my mind, I think its going to be pretty easy for him to take (Shogun Rua) down. Once it's on the ground, with (Jones) ground control, he's a very hard guy to deal with, he has unlimited energy. The first time we saw him fight, with 8 takedowns, craziest suplexes off the chart and he's only getting better now training at Greg Jacksons. I predicted it right away when I saw him fight, he's going to be the new champion. But I think he can do it. But trust me; don't get anything wrong, if Shogun lands one of those punches or knees." 

"Greg Jackson knows (about Shogun's leg kicks). Greg Jackson has the same crazy mind as I and people are low kicking (Jon Jones) all day long. Because that's the weapon.

well its good to see he's at Team Alpha Male now.  Hopefully they can teach dude some wrestling and takedowns to help mix his game up.  Maybe also learn to use some head movement.

yeah, that's probably the perfect place for him.  those guys go all out but don't get too careless and leave themselves open.  his cardio will get way better too.

^
kamal doesn't even use his wrestling much.  he uses takedown defense but i can't remember him taking people down.  he has horrible gameplans.  he wants to stand the whole fight and then gases.
Exactly. Dude gassed HARD against freaking Bart Pasoiqhfrongrjski. He has never faced anyone near the level of Jim Miller. Miller is so underrated that it's ridiculous. He's easily top 5 LW in that stacked division.

Originally Posted by rtz13

Shalorus has some of the best wrestling in any division, definitely has the tools to smother Miller.
eyes.gif

[h3]Wrestling and grappling career[/h3]
Kamal is a decorated wrestler, representing Great Britain in an Olympic Qualification tournament where he placed 19th.[sup][1][/sup]

Come on, son. UFC has plenty of actual Olympic wrestlers.

[sup]
[/sup]

Looking forward to a NEW LHW champion Saturday night.

Bones is for real.

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Jon Jones (for light-heavyweight title)
Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland
Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus
Nate Marquardt vs. Dan Miller
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Brendan Schaub

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Luiz Cane vs. Eliot Marshall
Edson Barboza
vs. Anthony Njokuani

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Ricardo Almeida
vs. Mike Pyle
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Gleison Tibau

PRELIMINARY CARD

Joseph Benavidez
vs. Ian Loveland
Raphael Assuncao vs. Erik Koch
Nick Catone
vs. Costantinos Philippou

^ Any idea what time the facebook fights are supposed to go off?

Im planning on getting to Prudential Center around 8pm... Wouldnt mind seeing Almeida vs Pyle

Im planning on getting to Prudential Center around 8pm... Wouldnt mind seeing Almeida vs Pyle
Based on CT. Should be 7pm. Prelims are at 8pm. PPV 9pm. So 7pm sounds right.

Cool. Amped for this to be my first live MMA event.

Got pretty good seats and made $60 on the extra tickets that I had bought.

CAN'T WAIT [emoji]8482[/emoji]

how come youre getting there so late?  dont sleep on the undercard fights my man!

my first MMA event, I was there half an hour before the prelims started (excited much?)  granted, it was in Vegas so I just left the craps table and walked over to the MGM Grand Garden Arena, so it was very convenient to do so.  maybe i just get TOO excited about watching MMA.  even the other events I've gone to, I just post up at a bar near the arena at around lunchtime to pre-game, then i can just walk over to the arena without dealing with traffic or parking near the start of the event.

man i wish i could be on the east coast to go watch this weekends event go down live.  Looks to be a great card.  I cant wait for the SF card next week in San Diego.  Any other NTers gonna go?

That card is not next week UFC has FN next week, SF is the following week.

I can;t wait for that UFC 129 time change. It's good for in CT and ET. Sucks for west coast like always.

Anyone see the stare down? Jon Jones looked shook as hell, going to be interesting to see how he reacts when Shogun pressures him and backs him up.

Going to put a little money on Shogun, talk about a live underdog.

I'm really pulling for Bones on this one. People have been calling him cocky, but I think you have to be confident to be a champ.

Also, Benavidez fight not being televized?
indifferent.gif
Easily the #2 Bantamweight right now and an exciting fighter.

I think the Barbosa/ Njokuani fight has a good chance of being FOTN, if Anthony can avoid an early KO

Scratch that, Njokuani is getting KTFO
laugh.gif

Bones/Rua are two of my favorite fighters, but I'm pulling for Rua. The amount of disrespect shown towards Rua from people around the web is astounding. I'd pull for Bones in 99% of his fights though.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Anyone see the stare down? Jon Jones looked shook as hell, going to be interesting to see how he reacts when Shogun pressures him and backs him up.

Going to put a little money on Shogun, talk about a live underdog.

He never looks in the eyes of his opponents for staredowns. I doubt he's scared. I just hope Jones doesn't get too cocky standing up and disregard his wrestling skills.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Bones/Rua are two of my favorite fighters, but I'm pulling for Rua. The amount of disrespect shown towards Rua from people around the web is astounding. I'd pull for Bones in 99% of his fights though.

I've been seeing the opposite it seems like the whole internet is behind Shogun ever since the odds for the fight came out in favour of Jones.

I think Shogun is going to bring Bones back down to earth. Bones is good but he hasn't faced anyone like Shogun before. Of course, that is assuming Shogun is as healthy as he can be.

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I've been seeing the opposite it seems like the whole internet is behind Shogun ever since the odds for the fight came out in favour of Jones.

347w3ky.jpg

Yes, real shook
laugh.gif

And yeah, people are catching extra feelings over JJ in the MMA blogosphere. It looks like Rashad 2.0. I think Rashad was onto something when it comes to African American fighters and the general MMA fan base. 90% of comments = "I hope Shogun puts that cocky (insert term) in his place." God forbid a fighter be confident in his skills...

Originally Posted by Burn916

And yeah, people are catching extra feelings over JJ in the MMA blogosphere. It looks like Rashad 2.0. I think Rashad was onto something when it comes to African American fighters and the general MMA fan base. 90% of comments = "I hope Shogun puts that cocky (insert term) in his place." God forbid a fighter be confident in his skills...
+1 I personally think that Bones is the man. Been hyped on him since the Bonnar fight (sorry for being that guy, but it's true). I don't see anything wrong with how he's behaving. I'm 23 myself, and I can't imagine how much pressure he feels right now.

I see this fight going something like... JJ peppering Shogun with jabs and keeping his distance, Shogun closing the distance only to get thrown by Jones, Jones ending up on top and ending the fight by TKO.

Back
Top Bottom