Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

They were fighting recklessly. That's an asinine way of fighting, especially Nick who could've just went with his ground game because Daley obviously suck on the ground. It's always 50/50 fighting this way, why wouldn't you want to have a 90/10 advantage to win the fight rather than flipping a coin? Daley could've very well won that fight as well, but Nick just got lucky.
laugh.gif

@ "It's always 50/50 this way." That's why Diaz beat Noons, Cyborg, Daley and Penn on the feet, right? All people who were supposed to have better stand up than him.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Nowadays he seems more concerned with not losing and keeping his legacy intact.
I'd usually agree to what you say but damn you screwed up on this one. It's been proven moving down weight doesn't automatically equate to success. He's been getting knocked for fighting safe, but most people overlook the way he neutralizes his opponents strengths on fight night. Unfortunately, he's gotta use wrestling most of the time since that's obviously either his opponent's strength (neutralize it) or weakness (use it to his advantage).

AKA fighting safe. He couldn't even finish Dan Hardy
laugh.gif
If you want, I can fish up a gif of that feeble armbar attempt. His recent fights have been straight up boring.

So pumped for this weekend! The UFC HW title for free on Fox, then Pacman fights on PPV. And I just found out that I have Fox Deportes, so I get to watch the prelims on tv instead of via Stream.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Look, I see a lot of talk about GSP's ground game...I've only seen a gogplata in fight once #teamgracie
watch more MMA
happy.gif

kidding...

but lets be real.  that gogo that diaz slapped on gomi was a gift.  gomi was absolutely exhausted (probably from getting punched in the head 130 times by diaz) and he basically fell into diaz's guard saying go ahead, finish it however you want.

the only other gogoplata finish i can remember seeing is Aoki against some other japanese fella in dream, but Aoki pulled off gogo from mount which was pretty crazy.

Originally Posted by Iamchris

Great win for Munoz against a big name opponent. Hope he gets his title shot.
laugh.gif
no offense but
laugh.gif

Leben only has a big name because of the way he fights, not for his actual skill. He's never been good enough to challenge for a title and he never will be

Munoz has been evolving and has been rounding out his game but he doesn't do anything that convinces anyone that he deserves a shot over Chael. I personally think he would have major problems against Vitor, Rumble, Chael hell even Okami again. He doesn't deserve anything. Let him fight one more guy to get a shot after Chael.

^ Yeah, Leben is a household name, but not necessarily a big win for him. Munoz is in a weird position. He's on a nice little win streak, but I don't really think he has that major top ten win. The closest he's came was defeating Maia and I don't think he looked that great in that fight. I say give him the winner of Miller/Bisping for a title eliminator. Even if he wins that fight, I still don't think he'll have that huge win under his belt, but given his win streak, it's whatever. After Chael, there's not really a whole lot of options for Silva at MW, so why not.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

awww man #%+...why did they stop the fight, after they cleaned the cut and got the blood out of Leben's eye during the break of the round he was fine...thats BS

I was thinking maybe they ran out of tv time?Or Leban gassed out?
Wait, what?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by APH

^ Yeah, Leben is a household name, but not necessarily a big win for him. Munoz is in a weird position. He's on a nice little win streak, but I don't really think he has that major top ten win. The closest he's came was defeating Maia and I don't think he looked that great in that fight. I say give him the winner of Miller/Bisping for a title eliminator. Even if he wins that fight, I still don't think he'll have that huge win under his belt, but given his win streak, it's whatever. After Chael, there's not really a whole lot of options for Silva at MW, so why not.
couldnt agree more.

i think Munoz is still 1 or 2 fights away from legit title contention.  I would love to see Munoz GnP smash Bispings face in.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm sure it's been discussed in here, as I first saw this like a week ago, but I can't believe GSP's camp said that they'd have him move down to 155 before he moves up to 185. They should never mention him as one of the top fighters, guy is obviously scared to see anybody at 185. His main thing at 170 is the fact that he's bigger than pretty much everybody that he fights.
155?  Are they serious?  
laugh.gif
  He'd look like an older brother beating down on his little brothers.
There's guys bigger than him at WW, so he doesn't have much of a size advantage as he did years ago.

Nowadays he seems more concerned with not losing and keeping his legacy intact.  He doesn't have the fighting spirit as someone like Dan Henderson.  Dan has no fear, he'll fight anybody from MW to HW.  He doesn't treat moving up a weight class like a 2 year science experiment.  GSP is still one of the best but he's lost me as a fan.  I used to hate Nick but he's become one of my favorite fighters to watch.  Diaz vs Daley was one of the most exciting fights i've seen this year.  
I dont get how dude gets knocked for this
laugh.gif

Cause i know for damn sure he wouldnt get any credit if he lost... If he decided to 'entertain the fans' and got k.o'd folks will call him a fraud, washed up etc.

GSP was just never the same after the first Matt Serra fight.

It really messed with his psyche from then on, which is when he started adapting a wrestling-orientated style of fighting.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by shogun

155?  Are they serious?  
laugh.gif
  He'd look like an older brother beating down on his little brothers.
There's guys bigger than him at WW, so he doesn't have much of a size advantage as he did years ago.

Nowadays he seems more concerned with not losing and keeping his legacy intact.  He doesn't have the fighting spirit as someone like Dan Henderson.  Dan has no fear, he'll fight anybody from MW to HW.  He doesn't treat moving up a weight class like a 2 year science experiment.  GSP is still one of the best but he's lost me as a fan.  I used to hate Nick but he's become one of my favorite fighters to watch.  Diaz vs Daley was one of the most exciting fights i've seen this year.  
I dont get how dude gets knocked for this
laugh.gif

Cause i know for damn sure he wouldnt get any credit if he lost... If he decided to 'entertain the fans' and got k.o'd folks will call him a fraud, washed up etc.

GSP was just never the same after the first Matt Serra fight.

It really messed with his psyche from then on, which is when he started adapting a wrestling-orientated style of fighting.
Sad but true...

However I think he took his foot off the pedal once he defended against Fitch....Kos, Serra II and Fitch fights he was still pretty 'aggresive'. After that he's been way more cautious.

Originally Posted by Tommy Wong

everyone really forget the fitch fight when gsp dropped him multiple times? how was taht not entertaining?
You mean the fight that happened in August of 2008?  
laugh.gif

His string of wins against Serra, Fitch and Penn were fun to watch though.  After that it's been decision city.

When he messed up Kos' eye socket I thought for sure he would knock him out or at least get a ref stoppage.  But it didn't happen.  It doesn't help that Shields and Hardy have both been recently finished.

Originally Posted by Tommy Wong

everyone really forget the fitch fight when gsp dropped him multiple times? how was taht not entertaining?
One fight out of the many borefest GSP has put on since Serra 2. Go watch him in Hughes 2, watch how he fights, how aggressive he is and then try to convince yourself that you're not looking at a completely different fighter.

That Serra knockout completely changed dude's fighting style. Matt killed the Riddim
tired.gif

saw this on Master Rafael Cordeiro's FB page

not a diehard A. Silva fan, but its still kinda neat to see a living martial arts legend paying homage to one of the all time greats

other note: the pic was posted with the message that training is going on today and A Silva is @ Kings.  If anyone is in or around HB, CA might be worth a drop in to see him train in person.

320574_303911819620982_192619794083519_1283901_633288712_n.jpg

Dana White confirmed today that Anderson Silva will be defending his belt next against Chael Sonnen. Too bad for Munoz, but I agree with you guys, he needs another win before he gets the title shot. Perhaps rematch wit Okami, or the Bisping/Mayhem winner.

Dana White confirmed today that Anderson Silva will be defending his belt next against Chael Sonnen. Too bad for Munoz, but I agree with you guys, he needs another win before he gets the title shot. Perhaps rematch wit Okami, or the Bisping/Mayhem winner.

Maybe that's for the better, Anderson would murk Mark really bad.
Excited for this weekend's title fight.  I think Cain will win in a very competitive fight.

I love Cain but my pick to win will be JDS. His td defense is insane and his boxing is too clean. Cigano*New Champ*

Really looking forward to this Sats HW titlefight. I'm going with JDS on this one. Still disappointed Bendo/Guida will not be televised. If the main event ends early I'm hoping they at least show long highlights of the fight.

Upon reading some things on Sherdog the UFC on Fox will also serve to heavily promote the Lesnar vs. Overeem bout. I don't think this fight really needs it as Lesnar is already a huge draw and having a card right before New Years is sure to get even more PPV buys than normal. Still holding out hope they don't go overboard with the promotion and at least show highlights of earlier fights.

Brittney 
smokin.gif
devil.gif
It'll be interesting to see if Junior can drop Cain if he connects.  Junior couldn't finish Carwin or Nelson but those are tough guys.  The only person to drop Cain was Kongo.  It'll be boxing versus kickboxing.

I just saw on mmajunkie that there's a fantasy mma website www.kountermove.com.  You can play for free or put down money to win cash.  It's backed by Randy Couture.  Anyone ever heard of this site or play on it?  I'm tempted to try it out and maybe win some extra cash.

not sure who wins but my pick since the beggining was JDS. Cain is a beast though... Would not be surprised if he takes JDS down and gnps for the dec.

JDS by ko tho in the 3rd

Back
Top Bottom