Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Really looking forward to tonight's card.  My action for tonight:

[table][tr][td]Date placed:
Aug 14, 2011 6:44p[/td][td]Single #(Placed by Web)
Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

UFC Live 5 on Versus - Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

Both must fight for action.
(1547) Charles Oliveira wins inside distance +240 Sun@9:05p
Competitor:frown:1548) Charles Oliveira wins by 3 round decision[table][/table]
Risk US$ 50.00 to win US$ 120.00
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Date placed:

(1574) Chris "Lights Out" Lytle -115 Sun@10:30p
Competitor:frown:1575) Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy[table][/table]
Risk US$ 57.50 to win US$ 50.00

(1553) Duane "Bang" Ludwig +300 Sun@10:15p
Competitor:frown:1552) Amir Sadollah[table][/table]
Risk US$ 25.00 to win US$ 75.00

(1563) Jim Miller -175 Sun@10:15p
Competitor:frown:1564) Benson "Smooth" Henderson[table][/table]
Risk US$ 131.25 to win US$ 75.00
[/td][/tr][/table]

All I care about is seeing Oliveira knock out that douche cerrone.  Dude has the nerve to call everybody cocky, he should have a penis tattooed on his face.
Lytle's last fight.  Hardy better mix it up with kicks or he might get knocked out.

Originally Posted by shogun

All I care about is seeing Oliveira knock out that douche cerrone.  Dude has the nerve to call everybody cocky, he should have a penis tattooed on his face.
Lytle's last fight.  Hardy better mix it up with kicks or he might get knocked out.
If Cerrone goes down tonight, match him up with Cole Miller ASAP. Guaranteed fight of the night

Tough loss for my dude Danny Castillo...showed a lot of heart. A great win for Joe B evened it up for TAM.

I think tonight's main card has tons of FOTY potential. I'll knock on wood.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but is Ariel Helwani a confirmed member of NT? Has to be
laugh.gif

n507915524_2010510_8306_normal.jpg

arielhelwani Ariel Helwani 
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd...x/img/sprite-icons.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; background-position: -16px -96px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">

Oh. RT @JaredRyanShaw: check out the making up Mr. All The Wrong Ones!! Video release date to be announced soon

Has to be NT
laugh.gif

That was a nice MT scrap to start things out. 

Wow.  Bendo dominating this 2nd round with his wrestling.
Bendo is probably the toughest guy i've ever seen to submit.  It's like people get 99% close to finishing a sub and he manages to escape.

Love him or hate him, Bendo is GUARANTEED fireworks. Wow.

I have so much respect for both of these fighters.

Good gesture by Bendo.  That's a great teammate right there.
One judge gave a 30-26 score.  
eek.gif
  I don't remember the last time i've seen two 10-8 rounds.

Smooth is one nasty MF in that octagon. Gets out of awful submission situations, and is guaranteed to put on one hell of a show. Can't believe Jim Miller just got annihilated like that.

Great way to end a great career.

And he is going to get ANOTHER bonus
laugh.gif
Respect.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

The LW division is too wild right now, not just in UFC but in MMA
The best way to settle the logjam of contenders would be a Pride-style tourney.  Too bad those don't exist anymore.  It would be so awesome.
I knew Hardy would get himself in trouble by going for takedowns.

Looking ahead..

Guillard v Lauzon, I believe Guillard should get the next title shot if he wins, he's on the same card as Gray/Frankie
Siver v Stout
Pettis v Stephens

Guida is open..

Who does Cerrone face? I would love to see Guida v Cerrone. A top flight wrestler vs an all around tough guy like Cerrone.

Bendo v Guida would be awesome as well

^
The problem is that the two top contenders right now are both Greg Jackson guys (Melvin and Guida).  Plus cerrone is another Jackson guy who's starting to separate himself from the middle of the division as well.  Melvin and Guida probably wouldn't have to fight each other, just wait their turn.  I'm guessing Guida gets a title shot first.  Guillard might have to fight another top guy to earn his shot, maybe have Gilbert come over and match those 2 up.  That's a potential fight of the year right there.

Man I really think Guillard deserves a shot more than Guida.. especially if Guillard wins against Lauzon.

I honestly don't think Guida's streak is that much more impressive than Cerrone's.

If Gil can take out Jorge Masvidal, him coming over to the UFC would seriously be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

But good point on the camp thing. Guillard has gone on record and said he'd fight a teammate for the title. Not so sure about Cerrone and Guida, but they seem like they don't give a damb. All three seem like they'd have no problems fighting each other.

The fights on Versus have been so much better than the PPV shows. Last nights show had 4 very entertaining fights. I do not remember the last time a PPV had my attention all the way through.

Bruce Leeroy vs. Hettes fight on the Facebook Prelims was a good one. Back and forth action. Crazy to see Hettes win again by submission in his UFC debut. That is his 9th win by submission in 9 pro fights. Also he had 4 ameteur fights and won all 4 of those by submission as well. Beast.

I knew my dude Smooth was going to pull the upset. Very underrated IMO, hope he gets to fight for a number 1 contender fight in his next fight.

Originally Posted by chino905

Bruce Leeroy vs. Hettes fight on the Facebook Prelims was a good one. Back and forth action. Crazy to see Hettes win again by submission in his UFC debut. That is his 9th win by submission in 9 pro fights. Also he had 4 ameteur fights and won all 4 of those by submission as well. Beast.

I knew my dude Smooth was going to pull the upset. Very underrated IMO, hope he gets to fight for a number 1 contender fight in his next fight.
Not sure I agree with your "crazy to see" sentiment, since Bruce Leroy has very limited sub defense and that is Judo Jim's key to victory.  I will admit that I was sweatin it a bit when Hettes was floppin around the mat, trying to dodge Bruce Leroy.  That fight and the Bendo v. Miller fight were start contrasts of the risks involved in diving for a leg/foot for a leg or footlock.  If you got a dude with limited power standing over you (Bruce Leroy) you can dive dive dive away with limited risk.  If you got a dude like Bendo standing over you, your face is going to get smashed in trying to lock up that leglock.

I know its bad form to post postbet, but just felt damn good to go 3-0 last night

Aug 13, 2011 12:28 AM (12:41:01 PM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110813002801-1 [table][tr][td][sup]WON[/sup][/td][td]STRAIGHT       89/25       $25 [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2584. J.HETTES[/td][td]ML  -355       (0-1) [/td][/tr][/table]
Aug 13, 2011 04:43 PM (04:45:00 AM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110813164343-1 [table][tr][td][sup]WON[/sup][/td][td]STRAIGHT       30/29       $29 [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2592. J.VOLKMANN[/td][td]ML  -105       (0-1) [/td][/tr][/table]
Aug 14, 2011 04:47 PM (05:01:03 AM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110814164756-1 [table][tr][td][sup]WON[/sup][/td][td]STRAIGHT       33/30       $30 [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2552. C.LYTTE[/td][td]ML  -110       (0-1) [/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom