Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

1) Wear Jones down with some ground work and dirty boxing. Although Jones has a leaner body, his style of unorthodox striking and wrestling will tire him out faster than Rampage's style of swinging for the fences.
Rampage.... ground work?

I refuse to believe Jones will gas until I see it happen. He definitely has the edge in cardio. As much as I love Page, I don't see any way for him to win other than a huge KO.

Sounds weird, but I have the same feeling. 'Page wouldn't be so suspicious about a spy if he wasn't gonna try something other than box. I believe he'll try to slam Jones any chance he gets to.

It'll be good if he's in a position to use a powerbomb.  KO him like he did Arona.  It would be 
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Jones is going to win this fight.  I want Rampage to win, and I like Rampage a lot more than I like Jones.  But that has nothing to do with who is going to win.

The thing I look at is the finishes.  Jones pretty much dominates his opponents, and his recent opponents were at a high level.  Rampage couldn't finish Machida or Hamill.  It's a little bit like Shields before he fought GSP.  He could barely beat Kampmann.  But Condit and Ellenberger have been crushing people, so their styles and abilities seem more dangerous.

Of course Rampage has a chance, but it's unlikely.  Jones would have to make some serious mistakes to lose, it's basically his fight to lose.

For the other fights, Diaz vs. Gomi should be great.  Also want to see Hughes/Koscheck, maybe this is the night Hughes says he's done.

People are letting their hate for Jones cloud their judgment. Anyone who thinks Rampage has a legitimate chance is delusional. Jones TKO round-4.

In other news, Sakuraba lost again.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by APH

People are letting their hate for Jones cloud their judgment. Anyone who thinks Rampage has a legitimate chance is delusional. Jones TKO round-4.

frown.gif
laugh.gif
@ Delusional. It's a fight, Rampage has heavy hands, he can catch and drop ANYONE. 
Rampage is hard to KO, he's hard to keep down, and he's extremely motivated. (Motivated Rampage is a problem for anyone)

Bigger upsets have happened. IE: Sera v GSP 

Originally Posted by APH

frown.gif

%$%@.

Originally Posted by BC2310

Originally Posted by APH

frown.gif
laugh.gif
@ Delusional. It's a fight, Rampage has heavy hands, he can catch and drop ANYONE. 
Rampage is hard to KO, he's hard to keep down, and he's extremely motivated. (Motivated Rampage is a problem for anyone)

And when was the last time he did that? He hasn't knocked anyone out or even finished a fight in years. The only way I can see him winning is if he wings a miracle haymaker and drops Jones, but I doubt that will happen. He has a puncher's chance and that's about it.

Sure the last time he KO'd someone was Wand, but he still dropped Shad and completely outclassed Jardine and Hamill. Rampage is a problem for anyone at 205 especially now that he's in perfect condition.

Originally Posted by APH

Originally Posted by APH

frown.gif
laugh.gif

And when was the last time he did that? He hasn't knocked anyone out or even finished a fight in years. The only way I can see him winning is if he wings a miracle haymaker and drops Jones, but I doubt that will happen. He has a puncher's chance and that's about it.
LOL @ miracle haymaker. How about a crisp left hook? We have yet to see JJ take a big shot to the chin, he'll eventually get caught by someone. Maybe he has a jaw. Maybe he doesn't. I hope we find out tonight.

Originally Posted by APH

laugh.gif

LOL @ miracle haymaker. How about a crisp left hook? We have yet to see JJ take a big shot to the chin, he'll eventually get caught by someone. Maybe he has a jaw. Maybe he doesn't. I hope we find out tonight.
Good luck landing that hook with the range disadvantage. Jones took most of his damage in his first couple of fights, especially in his debut, where he got hit with a few good shots. Of course, Gusmao isn't Rampage, but Jones handled those pretty well. Obviously, Jones has evolved a lot since then and he's a lot more elusive defensively. It's certainly not impossible, but I don't see Rampage landing anything significant and he doesn't want any part of Jones on the ground.

my main card picks tonite

Jon Jones vs Rampage Jackson
Matt Hughes vs Josh Koscheck
Nate Diaz vs Takanori Gomi
Travis Browne vs Rob Broughton
Ben Rothwell vs Mark Hunt

Some nasty knockouts so far on the prelims. 
sick.gif

Looking forward to that Diaz/Gomi fight. I think it could go either way, but I got Diaz via submission.

I also want to see how long that Hunt/Rothwell fight stays standing.
laugh.gif
Rooting for Hunt, but I don't see him winning.

I'd like to see Rampage win VIA KO, but I really see Bones winning
Hopefully we see exciting finishes from Diaz and Kos

good win by Boestch...that judo throw was awesome, if he was more aggressive and tried to throw more jabs he could have killed Ring 

Back
Top Bottom