Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

The Cruz / Johnson fight has probably been one of the most least talked about title fights in years.  It has like no attention.  Bantamweights don't get much love, except for faber.  Hopefully Bowles takes him out and fights for the belt next.

UFC Planning Simultaneous February Events in Japan, Las Vegas

The Ultimate Fighting Championship apparently has big plans for February, as promotion president Dana White revealed Tuesday that the organization will attempt to hold two events simultaneously in early-2012. “When we go to Japan next year, we are going to be putting on a show at the same time in Las Vegas,

If that happens, both shows should be free.

What I think they'll do is show 3 matches live from each event. Even the fight is on in Japan, they'll watch live from Vegas on the big screen and vice versa.

That is so stupid.  If they are having half an event at each location then they should cut their ticket prices in half.  It'll never happen but who the hell wants to watch a few fights then watch the rest on a screen.  Or at least compensate by having the ring girls grapple covered in oil or jello.

Mighty Mouse gonna take that belt... rep for all the dudes under 5'6". 
pimp.gif

Also:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sick of rogan and that dummy goldie, having J.R. and The King do commentary would be 
pimp.gif
.  I know The King would approve of Arianny's puppies 
devil.gif

Ah, you beat me to it. That JR video is amazing. Sucks that he's being wasted in WWE, playing second fiddle to f'n Michael Cole.

Originally Posted by shogun

The Cruz / Johnson fight has probably been one of the most least talked about title fights in years.  It has like no attention.  Bantamweights don't get much love, except for faber.  Hopefully Bowles takes him out and fights for the belt next.

Dude no joke.  I only found out like yesterday.  Can't believe they didn't promote the hell out of a title fight.

Guess it's because it's a week after Jones/Rampage.  Isn't Edgar/Maynard III next week too?  3 title fights in a row?  Wow.

Wow, Danzig and Wiman are straight brawlers. I don't think I could last a second against these guys.

Tough, tough fight to score so far. Wiman had some good sub attempts second round, but he ate a lot of punches. They're pretty even on the standup.

Damn that HAS to be FOTN. If not, this will be a great card.

I think Wiman barely edged him cuz of round 3, but if they draw or Danzig wins, I wouldn't be shocked. What an epic brawl.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Originally Posted by shogun

Dude no joke.  I only found out like yesterday.  Can't believe they didn't promote the hell out of a title fight.

Guess it's because it's a week after Jones/Rampage.  Isn't Edgar/Maynard III next week too?  3 title fights in a row?  Wow.
Make that 4 title fights in 3 weeks, Aldo is also defending his title next week.

DAMN! Right to the face.

Early stoppage but Johnson woulda probably finished him anyway. Brenneman looked out of it before the kick, and Johnson was about to pounce on him.

^ Yeah the thing about it is I don't think Brenneman would have done anything if the fight continued. He just seemed outmatched and definitely outsized. So the early stoppage is whatever. If they were more even, that would be a problem.

Good call on the Aldo fight, I guess it's just title fight season right now.

Yea it was only a matter of time before Rumble finished the fight via KO even if the ref would have not stopped.

If Struve/Barry gets messy, my moneys on Barry.

But if they fight technically, Struve has a huge height/reach advantage.

Back
Top Bottom