Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Sonnen will be finished quick, this time the striking won't be close and his jaw will be broken.

Not even Lesnar said stupid stuff like that. Chael wants to retire but he wants to have something to say as he exits.

Frankie #2 P4p? So Aldo got tossed out the top 3 convo?

Spider
Aldo
Frankie
GSP

GSP will keep sliding until he stops fighting to hold his belt. People say Anderson should move up, GSP should.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by quik1987

I wanna see...

Cruz vs. Aldo vs. Edgar
triple threat! 
eek.gif
Jose and Frankie would just smash Dom cause he annoying looking
laugh.gif

Well, looks like Strikeforce still has a few good cards before they fold.

Melendez will defend his title against Masvidal as scheduled on Dec 17. Cyborg Santos will also defend her belt in the event. Mousasi is expected to fight, and rumors of Gina Carano making her return to Strikeforce on the card as well.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Sonnen will be finished quick, this time the striking won't be close and his jaw will be broken.

Not even Lesnar said stupid stuff like that. Chael wants to retire but he wants to have something to say as he exits.

Frankie #2 P4p? So Aldo got tossed out the top 3 convo?

Spider
Aldo
Frankie
GSP

GSP will keep sliding until he stops fighting to hold his belt. People say Anderson should move up, GSP should.

I don't agree with your rankings. And I will also touch on the Aldo vs. Edgar issue.

I'd do

Anderson
Jones
Frankie
GSP
Aldo

Anderson has been beyond dominant.

No one has put a finger on Jones. His one loss is a DQ he was dominating. He's beaten 2 of the best LHW's of all time in Shogun and Rampage back to back. He outwrestles wrestlers, outstrikes strikers and has pulled off some nasty subs as well.

As far as Frankie vs. Aldo, this is where the weight factor comes into play.

Aldo can barely make 145. Frankie is fighting at 155 and just beat 2 guys who have fought at 170 in BJ Penn (also a LEGEND) and Gray Maynard.

Aldo is coming off 2 decision wins. He hardly looks like the world beater he did in the WEC. Frankie is coming off of a KO.

The other issue is Aldo is fighting at a weightclass where the fighters are kind of unproven commodities. His last KO is Manny Gamburyan. Anyone view his as an ELITE fighter?

Where Edgar is beating guys, who have also beaten TOUGH guys.

All of which just may be enough to slide him past Aldo.

Not a big fan of rankings really. All of these guys, maybe with the exception of the Top 2, are interchangeable and I'm sure a lot of people would argue for GSP at #1, 2, or 3.

Glad Gil vs. Masvidal is still on. Bendo vs. Edgar will be a barnburner! I saw give Gil 1 fight before the title shot. Maybe Pettis or Cowboy?

I don't even think Joe Stevenson is in the UFC anymore. They might as well have put Gil in the game.

How did they miss BOXING in Frankie's skill breakdown. Dude may have the best pure Boxing in MMA. Same with Rampage.

Cyrille Diabate! HA!

I didn't buy the last game, but with the bulked up roster in the new game i'll definitely be buying it.  I'm not playing it online though.  Too much frustration that turns into pure hate / anger.  I'm lucky I only broke one control when the first game came out.  I think I also punched a lamp and dented my wall.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

I didn't buy the last game, but with the bulked up roster in the new game i'll definitely be buying it.  I'm not playing it online though.  Too much frustration that turns into pure hate / anger.  I'm lucky I only broke one control when the first game came out.  I think I also punched a lamp and dented my wall.  
laugh.gif
hahahaha anger management my friend!

for the record.  this is why i stopped buying the 2k series after nba 2k7, and also stopped playing the UFC game after the first one.  dead serious, wife wanted me to consider seeing a therapist for anger mgmt because i would rage when i played games.  damage to doors, walls, you name it.

Can't wait to get that game. I heard if you pre-order from Gamestop for PS3, you will get these 4 additional characters: Jason Mayhem Miller, Nick Diaz, Phil Davis and Brian Stann.

I got:

Silva #1
GSP #2
#3 Edgar, Jones, Cruz

Dos Santos might be up there too, he's got an impressive HW resume.

Jones easily has the most potential, and he did beat top ranked LHW fighters, but he hasn't been around long enough to be higher than GSP and Silva. He's dominating, but he's just too new. I don't see him losing for a while though.

Silva is... Silva. I thought Sonnen was hilarious after his sub on Stann. But boy, it would be scary to see an angry, even MORE motivated Anderson Silva.

GSP can fight any damn way he wants. Until a challenger actually challenges him, it doesn't matter. It'll be interesting to see what happens after Penn/Diaz. I don't think anyone wants Penn/GSP III, so I feel like the UFC wants Diaz to win. Maybe if Penn wins he gets Ellenberger in a title eliminator, if it's Diaz, we get Diaz/GSP (or Condit).

Edgar is insane, but at the same time, I feel like Maynard backed off because he didn't want a repeat of the second fight. To me it seemed like he thought "If I tagged him this round, I can do it again later, so don't gas, don't gas, don't gas..." and it just never happened. Edgar gained momentum in round 2 and from then on it was over. Will see where Edgar really is after he gets through Guida, Smooth, Gil, Pettis, Guillard, etc.

Cruz basically beat everyone at bantam. I feel like if he moves up, he loses his significant speed advantage. Doesn't seem like he has a lot of power either. But who the hell is he going to fight next?

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Also, does anyone follow Bellator? Good win by Saunders. I hope Santos' left arm is ok
sick.gif
I hope Killa B wins the welterweight tourney and then takes the belt. I've been a big fan of his since his UFC days.
This. I was
mad.gif
when he got cut. Brutal Muay Thai and impressive groundwork. Made Sapo look like a bum.

LET'S MOTHER FKERS!

Melendez will defend his title against Masvidal as scheduled on Dec 17. Cyborg Santos will also defend her belt in the event. Mousasi is expected to fight, and rumors of Gina Carano making her return to Strikeforce on the card as well.

just bought tickets yesterday me and my girl are going cant wait

Originally Posted by cjspida619

Strikeforce events are hella fun. Got lower level tix for $50 I believe.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by cjspida619

Strikeforce events are hella fun. Got lower level tix for $50 I believe.

agreed.  had a crazy good time at the San Diego event even though that arena is quite possibly the worst arena in the entire country.  i was lucky enough to get hooked up with front row tickets and the view was amazing (not quite cageside, as that was all reserved for announcers, judges, or VIP like Dana and some other pro fighters).  

I don't think there's any other details other than that. If I had to guess, Penn/Diaz will move to the main event and Condit/GSP will be rescheduled for another card. I don't think it would be fair for Condit to fight and gameplan for someone else on 11-days notice, especially when he was suppose to fight for the title.

Even without the GSP/Condit fight, 137 is still somewhat stacked and Penn/Diaz is main-event worthy, so it is what is.

Edit: Dana confirmed Penn/Diaz will be the main-event and Condit will wait to fight GSP when he gets cleared to fight. Penn/Diaz will be a 3-rounder, not 5. In case anyone's wondering, GSP hurt his knee. Hopefully it's not too severe.

Returning UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz will gethis UFC 137 main event after all, as UFC President Dana White announced viatwitter Tuesday afternoon that 170-pound champion Georges St-Pierre has beenforced to withdraw from his October 29th title defense against Carlos Conditdue to a knee injury.

Diaz, who was originally scheduled to face GSP in the UFC137 main event before being pulled from the bout due to two press conference noshows, will now see his three-round bout with BJ Penn elevated to the main event a weekfrom Saturday.

unfrigginbelievable. i mean its still a stacked card, but with GSP v. Condit it was THE best card of the entire year. Damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom