Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

For 137, call me crazy, but I think Diaz is going to roll over Penn.  He hasn't faced anyone at the level of Penn, true.  But he's way bigger than BJ and isn't afraid to stand and trade with anyone.  Penn has quit before and his cardio isn't the greatest.  Hyped to see this one though.
Nick and BJ are two of my favorite fighters, but I think BJ is gonna take this one. A lot of people have dropped Diaz, and I think Penn will hop on his back with a quickness
ohwell.gif
Both these guys are so well-rounded that it's really hard for me to pick.

shogun wrote:
No chance?  Come on.  He has a chance.  Maybe not a good chance, but still.

Him being too cautious might serve him well.  That's how Chael got submitted in the 5th, by not being cautious enough.  GSP wouldn't try to strike with Silva, you'd have to be stupid or overconfident in your ability to do that, and GSP is neither.  He'd try to take him down, probably succeed a few times, and try to control him on the ground.

Well, Sonnen was well on his way to winning but sub defense has always been a weakness of his.  He was right in saying that people give him too much respect and don't go after him.  His standup is average at best but he was tagging Anderson in that fight and moving forward.  Watch the Okami fight and you can see what he's talking about.  Maybe GSP will have a 2% chance but that's closer to having no chance.  If he fights cautious then you'll probably see a repeat of Anderson taunting the hell out of him like he did to Leites and Maia.
Penn - Diaz fight should be awesome.  It's weird seeing Nick be respectful to an opponent and call him a friend.  If BJ uses his wrestling and does some ground and pound he should win.  If he decides to standup the whole time then he'll get tired after Nick hits him with 200 punches.  Mitrione and Kongo should be a crazy fight.  I'll be rooting for Meathead.

Meh. BJ's body type will for the most part always be that way.
Goin for Diaz tonight. Hopefully he puts this "I don't fight friends" b.s. aside and proves himself to be a legit top 3 WW. 

Diaz looks pretty large compared to BJ and same with Cerrone to Siver. Cerrone and Siver look like action figures no man love stuff.

roll.gif
at Nick mean mugging his "friend" BJ and having to be separated.  Dude is such a goon.  BJ just doesn't have the right genetics to be ripped.  I don't have them either 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
.  Plus he's small for welterweight and has to bulk up instead of cutting weight.

Originally Posted by shogun

shogun wrote:
No chance?  Come on.  He has a chance.  Maybe not a good chance, but still.

Him being too cautious might serve him well.  That's how Chael got submitted in the 5th, by not being cautious enough.  GSP wouldn't try to strike with Silva, you'd have to be stupid or overconfident in your ability to do that, and GSP is neither.  He'd try to take him down, probably succeed a few times, and try to control him on the ground.
Well, Sonnen was well on his way to winning but sub defense has always been a weakness of his.  He was right in saying that people give him too much respect and don't go after him.  His standup is average at best but he was tagging Anderson in that fight and moving forward.  Watch the Okami fight and you can see what he's talking about.  Maybe GSP will have a 2% chance but that's closer to having no chance.  If he fights cautious then you'll probably see a repeat of Anderson taunting the hell out of him like he did to Leites and Maia.
I think Silva is the best fighter in MMA period, but I seriously doubt if he fought GSP it would even come close to being a repeat of Silva/Maia or Leites.  I think Silva would be the favorite, but the Maia fight was a farce.  GSP is way more well rounded and smarter than either of those guys.

I hate cerrone because he's a douche but he has improved a ton since I started hating him.  He has the best kickboxing in the division and is one of the tallest guys.  His bjj is also really slick.  The only people who will give him problems are beastly wrestlers but he's improved his wrestling also.  He should get matched up with Maynard next.

damn my dude Vera with a disappointing performance but at least he got the W even though his arm broke lol

Cowboy has been on a tear since coming into the UFC hes improving with every fight

BJ just doesn't have the right genetics to be ripped.
I think he only does PLs which are more beneficial for MMA (never seen this guy's back muscle groups defined at all). He doesn't hit a lot of muscle groups imo.

I'm rooting for BJ on this one although he's gotta do it by the 2nd round . That "new" cardio regimen isn't gonna do anything (or any of the cardio regimen he's done in the past 2-3 years). If it goes 3rd-decision Diaz will take it.

eek.gif
and I can't wait to see a "slimmer" Big Country

and I nominate Vera for the weirdest abs ever next to Stropolopolous (sp?).

k enough about the next man's physique (NH)
alien.gif

Should've made Coco a ring girl 
devil.gif
Maybe the Japanese fighters should just stay in Japan.  Okami is the only one who has been beating good competition.

Maybe it's not where they're from, but just coming into the UFC is a different animal. It showed in people like Shields, Aldo, etc. in their first fights.

People are gonna say Roop was robbed. I was surprised by the decision, I thought the end of round 3 won Roop the fight. But I wouldn't say he was robbed. They should rematch these two, I think Hioki even thought Roop won.

And dude, anyone would make a better ring girl than Arianny. She's good looking, but where the hell is Brittney Palmer, she is the best girl they got.

Well that could be an excuse for some guys but I don't see it getting better.  Japanese mma isn't in good shape.  I don't think Gomi, Kid, Akiyama are winning anytime soon.  It sucks since Gomi and Kid are 2 of my favorite fighters.  It also doesn't help that Melendez manhandled Aoki and Kawajiri.
Let's go Roy.

Back
Top Bottom