Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

BJ Penn is not a man he is a piece of steel. SUCH A SHAME this wasn't a 5 rounder, a damn shame. 3 rounds settled NOTHING. Diaz won but Penn was coming on strong at the end of the 3rd.....
pimp.gif
 Diaz. Penn definitely earned my respect tonight, I don't like him but you've got to respect this guy. 

That said, Diaz is my dude but GSP is too and when it comes down to it GSP would mop the octagon floor with him.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

It's over Diaz is about to finish him. DIAZ BABY!!!!
laugh.gif
those body shots were vicious.

at this point in time I don't know what BJ wants to do in his career
tired.gif
It's sad.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

GSP don't want no parts of Diaz's boxing.
laugh.gif

You sure about that? GSP's boxing has improved immensely (though he did look poor against Shields) I think he'd hold his own. Overall he is the more effective and better striker, plus you know damn well GSP would take Diaz down and keep him there. This is GSP we're talking about.

BJ's cardio got shot after one round
30t6p3b.gif
. He could have won the @$++#%# fight if he was in shape. 
Hope he is just emotional about the retiring 
ohwell.gif

34nh0t4.jpg

2 retirements in one night. damn.

He could have won the @$++#%# fight if he was in shape.

his cardio lasts 2 rounds at most in the past 2-3 years. Im sure this guy's lung capacity is large, but I don't know why he gasses out Sexyama style.

Damn, farewell to BJ and Mirko.
Its weird to me seeing how this fight was like Mirko vs Wand for me. In the sense that I really liked both fighters.

Sad to see them both go out like this.

laugh.gif

You sure about that? GSP's boxing has improved immensely (though he did look poor against Shields) I think he'd hold his own. Overall he is the more effective and better striker, plus you know damn well GSP would take Diaz down and keep him there. This is GSP we're talking about.
I guarantee it. GSP will be a human blanket in that fight. =/

Penn's retirement was a bit of a stunner. Cro Cop talked about it a while ago. Hats off to both of them.

I thought Diaz was about to be the first to knock BJ out. BJ just didn't have any answers for Diaz. If this went 5 rounds it probably would have been stopped. He couldn't take Diaz down and he was getting beaten (literally) in the stand up. Diaz looked a little dinged up, but that didn't stop him from coming forward. He just didn't hurt Diaz, and that's no knock on BJ, I don't see anyone knocking Diaz out.

Fight of the night right there, easily. Now Diaz has to wait for the winner of GSP/Condit, which won't happen til next year. I don't see why he's calling GSP out, he could have been fighting GSP tonight if he "played the game" and GSP didn't get injured.

Kongo/Mitrione was booooooring.
Nelson/Cro Cop was entertaining.

roll.gif
Why is this dude always angry?  BJ looked depressed when the fight was over, not surprised he announced his retirement.  He's an emotional guy, he might change his mind tomorrow.
I've said it many times before, Nick's boxing is so unique and it flat out works.  He's able to beat up people who should have knocked him out.  He battered Noons, Cyborg, Smith, and Daley.  GSP's striking is great but I've learned not to doubt Nick's striking.  I'd like to see George use a lot more kicks (especially headkicks) if the two of them meet.

laugh.gif

I guarantee it. GSP will be a human blanket in that fight. =/

Definitely agree.  I think GSP could stand up with Diaz, but not like Penn did.  Penn went stationery against the fence, and that's when he really started losing the fight.  When he pushed forward and controlled the cage, he at least held his own.

GSP has more tools than Penn, and he wouldn't, especially after this fight, let Diaz pin him against the fence with that crazy quantity of punches.  GSP can stick and move with the best of them, but that's not gonna do anything to hurt Diaz.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

34nh0t4.jpg

2 retirements in one night. damn.

He could have won the @$++#%# fight if he was in shape.

his cardio lasts 2 rounds at most in the past 2-3 years. Im sure this guy's lung capacity is large, but I don't know why he gasses out Sexyama style.

He is pretty good at 155 with cardio. And he could beat if he would just try to take him down from the jump 

Back
Top Bottom