Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

The silver lining for Alvarez is that he can possibly sign with the UFC now that he's not the champion anymore (I'm pretty sure that's how their contracts are set-up at Bellator).

Who knows, he always sounds content fighting there whenever he talks about it.

Isn't Alvarez still champion though?

Thought this was a non title fight and he fights the winner of the tourney. Isn't that what Bellator usually does?

Props to Wand. Great win.

Epic fight from 2 legends in Hendo and Shogun.

Great night of MMA. And I have some Boxing I DVRd on HBO to watch now too.

Fantastic.

^ I read somewhere that he's the highest paid fighter in Bellator, so I think he's comfortable for now.

Kind of surprised to see Hendo/Shogun go all 5 rounds. I had Hendo winning the first three and Shogun the last two. A couple of times there where each guy looked like he was just hanging out to survive until the next round. Shogun had him when Hendo gassed, but Shogun looked tired too and couldn't finish him from the full mount. He had ample opportunity. Man, he looked kinda flabby in this one, a little tummy sticking out more so than usual.

Faber had a nice night, be interesting to see if he can beat Cruz and get a title again.

Le looked every bit his age after the first round. He was winning that fight until he gassed and got caught. I think Belfort would've destroyed him too.

Never mind me. Too many fights. Too much of everything. Watched the rounds on DVR then jumped back to UFC.

Spaced on it being a title fight.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I know no one will agree with me after this fight, but I still think only title fights should be 5 rounds.
Nah, I like there is 5 rounder for every event now. Adds value, don't care about championship fights not being "special" anymore 
Dana is going to be acting the fool at the presser tonight. But I know he ain't happy he gotta right Hendo another check for Fight of the Night 
What makes one non-title much theoretically more important than another?  It's one thing if it was a #1 contender match, but this wasn't.  Plus, this show was supposedly a "co-main event", so in that case, the Cung/Wanderlei match should have been 5 rounds as well.
I especially hate the idea of 5 round fights on free TV.  Most of those matches are not nearly good enough to deserve to go 5 rounds.  Plus, it takes another fight off TV because they must allow time for the 5 rounds.

Cung-Le-nose-02.jpg

ouch

Just got home. Had the BEST TIME
pimp.gif

Got floor seats and met Mark Munoz, Chael Sonnen and Chad Mendes. I was wearing a Brazil jersey and Chael asked me if it was a Palmeiras shirt
laugh.gif

Whole card was awesome.

Faber picking up a big W
pimp.gif
Wandy showed he still has it in him, although he is far from the fighter he used to be. Brutal finish.

The main event though? AMAZING. So much back and forth action. I had it scored a draw. Can't be mad too mad at the decision, though. Shogun showed ridiculous heart. I've never seen someone get hit with so many H-Bombs and survive. Hendo also fought almost the entire fourth round without a mouthpiece. Sav.

Pics and vids will be posted tomorrow.

Originally Posted by APH

The silver lining for Alvarez is that he can possibly sign with the UFC now that he's not the champion anymore (I'm pretty sure that's how their contracts are set-up at Bellator).

Who knows, he always sounds content fighting there whenever he talks about it.
He actually just screwed himself over. Now that he's no longer Bellator champ, he'll probably end up in the UFC. He'll be fighting in the most stacked division, and he'll also likely take a huge pay cut. Coming off a loss is not a good look.

I cant explain how insane that fight was, I watched it live and my god the crowd was going CRAZY! Being a huge shogun fan I was about to die in the first rounds but this is by far the best UFC card i have ever seen and will ever see. I saw it as a Draw but im not too mad about Hendo winning, and no 10-8 rounds disgust me. The judges were shady throughout the card especially the split decision with Kampmann.

Fedor vs. Monson just ended. Fedor wins via UD. Fedor dominated the fight with strikes and take down defense.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

I cant explain how insane that fight was, I watched it live and my god the crowd was going CRAZY! Being a huge shogun fan I was about to die in the first rounds but this is by far the best UFC card i have ever seen and will ever see. I saw it as a Draw but im not too mad about Hendo winning, and no 10-8 rounds disgust me. The judges were shady throughout the card especially the split decision with Kampmann.

the split decision was a mistake, all the judges in the Kampmann - Story fight score 30-27 to Kampmann

That Kampmann decision was pretty bad, unless it was a mistake.

I had Hendo winning the first three rounds and Shogun winning the last two, for people saying it was a draw, how'd you score the rounds?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I didn't even bother to watch Fedor vs. Monson. Normally I wouldn't ever miss a Fedor fight, but his last couple of performances combined with his opponent this time...meh. Monson? Didn't this guy just get beat up by Daniel Cormier? I feel like Fedor kind of had to go down the ladder to find a victory.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

That Kampmann decision was pretty bad, unless it was a mistake.

I had Hendo winning the first three rounds and Shogun winning the last two, for people saying it was a draw, how'd you score the rounds?

It was a mistake. And I scored RD 1-3 10-9 to Hendo, Rd 4 10-9 to Shogun and Rd 5 10-8 to Shogun. 47-47
FOTY
pimp.gif
 and definitely in the all time list of great fights.

i'm salt. I haven't seen the event yet, I ordered it and the cable in my area went down that very night. I'm super salty right now. I was so mad I didn't even bother watching bellator. i'm still mad right now.

i'mma on demand it tomorrow when i get home from work (after mnf of course)

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Kampmann aint win that fight??.....

1st round was close but 2nd and 3rd were his all day.
He won, but I think the judges scored it strangely, or didn't one judge even say Kampmann lost?  I think that's what it was, but people on here are saying that one judge made a mistake.

So people are saying it's either a draw or Hendo won it.  No one thinks Shogun won right?  Because he seemed bothered by the decision.

I like most people had the fight 47-47 with a 10-8 in the 5th for Shogun. I think it was a "robbery" in the sense that not 1 judge gave Shogun a 10-8 rd. I mean hell... having full mount for 4 out of the 5 minutes in the round and continuously raining down punches on his face. How is that not a 10-8 rd? Does he have to kill him to get a 10-8 rd?

did anyone score the first 2 rounds 10-8 for hendo? i thought he was dominant with his power shots did big damage to shogun that could have stop the fight and he had good control in the beginning rounds. i had the score 45-47 for hendo but i'm sure about it now seeing how everybody scored the fight as tie. 

I had Dan winning the first 3 and the last 2 for Mauricio.  I wasn't really keeping track of the scorecards in my head so I don't remember what rounds could be scored 10-8.  I think Dan is a little delusional if he thought he won 4 rounds.

Originally Posted by justscrap

did anyone score the first 2 rounds 10-8 for hendo? i thought he was dominant with his power shots did big damage to shogun that could have stop the fight and he had good control in the beginning rounds. i had the score 45-47 for hendo but i'm sure about it now seeing how everybody scored the fight as tie. 
i re-watched the fight last night, and probably need to re-watch it again, but i dont remember thinking that either of the first 2 rounds were 10-8 rds for Hendo.

In round 1 after Hendo wobbled Shogun, I'm pretty sure that Shogun actually came back and hit Hendo with some really clean shots.  I dont remember if the same happened in round 2.  If anything, I think it was round 3 where Hendo did the most significant damage and came closest to stopping the fight.  When he rocked Shogun and then landed in top position in Shogun's guard and was slamming down monster punches and hammer fists, i thought that for a millisecond Shoguns lights were put out before he recovered and then tried to fake for that heel hook.

Back
Top Bottom