Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by 4wrestling
I'm sorry but i don't see it . *shrugs*

Neither do I.

Phony or not Jones is a hell of a fighter.
This...
This is mma, not some soap opera. Go watch WWE or Boardwalk Empire or something if you want to assess someone's character. Nobody cares if the guy's character or persona is "phony", he's a fighter, and he's the best in his weight class.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

RD 1 TO MACHIDA!!!! C'MON!!!!!
@arielhelwani: "2 judges gave the 1st round 2 Jon Jones. The judges were Bertrand & Blatnick. D'Amato gave it to Machida."
That's ridiculous.  They might as well just flip a coin to decide who they'll give the round to since they usually don't make any damn sense.

I think he would have a bunch of trouble at HW. But Silva is a match they have to make. After the Evans fight.

I know UFC is against it as a whole, but after Evans for one PPV you have to put Jones and Silva together even at a catch weight.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

SneakerHeathen wrote:

Well Jon Jones, I always liked you bro, you have a bright future. However tonight, you're going to taste defeat, happens to everyone.

#shotokan

lol, whut?

@SportsCenter: "#MMA - Jon Jones defeats Lyoto Machida by 2nd-round submission to defend light heavyweight title at @UFC 140"

Fool, I made that comment before the fight started. It's called a prediction. 
Secondly stop quoting MMA judges as if their word is Gospel, in many people's opinion Machida did win the first round. Stop acting like an #%*. Judges aren't always right. Look at the Shogun Hendo fight for that.

Third of all, how about you watch the fight, therefore you know what's happening when it's happening. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 such a dumbas$

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I'm sorry but i don't see it . *shrugs*

Neither do I.

This...
This is mma, not some soap opera. Go watch WWE or Boardwalk Empire or something if you want to assess someone's character. Nobody cares if the guy's character or persona is "phony", he's a fighter, and he's the best in his weight class.

LOL
Because guys like Sonnen, Tito, Bisping, Evans, Rampage, etc etc etc aren't as big of stars as they are because of their personalities.  Get a clue if you think that doesn't have a HUGE impact on the sport.

You're probably a fan of Jon Fitch.

This...

No one's denying his talent or abilities.  Some people just don't like him, me included.  I still respect fighters that I don't like.  Just like other athletes or sports teams, you can dislike them for any reason you want.

once jones started stepping his game up people started hating him more. Some fans are very fickle, dont want to go into details but a lot of them complain about such minor things. Hell some people even said nog lost the fight on purpose tonight
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Hes good in my book, I still want rashad to beat him
laugh.gif

Neither do I.

This...

LOL
Because guys like Sonnen, Tito, Bisping, Evans, Rampage, etc etc etc aren't as big of stars as they are because of their personalities.  Get a clue if you think that doesn't have a HUGE impact on the sport.

Fitch is alright, I ain't mad at him. 
Secondly I don't watch the fight to see Rampage make mean faces or the other theatrics guys like you love. Not a fan of that sort of thing. Take away all that gimmicky BS, you're telling me you wouldn't watch? Not my problem. Not my problem most people wouldn't watch. Just proves how many people don't actually enjoy the sport for itself, as unfortunate as that is. 

This...

LOL

Secondly I don't watch the fight to see Rampage make mean faces or the other theatrics guys like you love. Not a fan of that sort of thing. Take away all that gimmicky BS, you're telling me you wouldn't watch? Not my problem. Not my problem most people wouldn't watch. Just proves how many people don't actually enjoy the sport for itself, as unfortunate as that is. 
Stop making yourself sound foolish.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

some people even said nog lost the fight on purpose tonight
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What?  
laugh.gif
  Were those people drunk?  I'm sure trying to knock Mir out and getting his arm snapped was all part of his plan.  He executed it perfectly.

LOL

Nice retort from someone who has absolutely nothing knowledgeable to say. Sorry there aren't enough chair shots and stuff there for you. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Is this the first time you've ever watched MMA?
It's a standing guillotine.
4W stop hating on Bones, damn.

There was an infinitely better finish JUST 7 DAYS AGO

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED TONIGHT?

ALSO,

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOU HATING ON BONES? 
indifferent.gif

Nice retort from someone who has absolutely nothing knowledgeable to say. Sorry there aren't enough chair shots and stuff there for you. 

Your weak attempt to make it seem that I don't know MMA aren't working, junior.

Your weak attempt to make it seem that I don't know MMA aren't working, junior.
yeah you're right. you're doing a splendid job of that yourself.

Stop yelling.

He said it was the sickest/slickest finish he ever saw. It was a standing guillotine.
It was an over reaction upon first seeing it, but it was sick. The way he held the choke whilst looking calm, no sign of exertion on his face.. and then just drops him to the ground. He did it with swag and it made Machida look feeble.
pimp.gif
I would ask if you're mad but it's quite clear.

WOOOOOOOOOO

Zombie won me $150
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Lucky I had a friend in Vegas put some money down.

Anyways, AWESOME CARD. 139 + 140 were both incredible.

Mir submitting/ breaking Nog
eek.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif

Bones is just an animal. Finally lost a round in the UFC, but that finish was ridiculous. Second best standing guillotine I've seen (Dan Miller in the IFL would be #1)

Lost $50 on Machida, but I didn't think he was gonna win. Machida at +375 was way too much of a value to pass up.

If the Reem is out of 141, I'm not ordering that card at all. Props to Jones even though I hate him. Other than that sick Sub, Mir looked like trash on the feet. Jds will eat his heart.

Back
Top Bottom