Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

KO fest tonight, nice win by Rashad but Rampage would body him.

I hope Rampage get's his shot at the title next.
i was listening in and out, but from the looks and sounds of post fight, hes probably gonna have to fight chuck, chuck did not look happy at all
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

i would guess machida if he wins at the next event.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Props to forrest for taking it like a G.
pimp.gif
forrest wasn't bitter or anything, really surprisedme. Thats a real show of sportsmanship right there.

i was listening in and out, but from the looks and sounds of post fight, hes probably gonna have to fight chuck, chuck did not look happy at all
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Rampage vs. Chuck again? That makes no sense, if anything they should have a rematch between Wanderlai and Chuck since they're both coming off losses andtheir first fight was highly contested amd entertaining.

Rampage on the other hand didn't get dominated when he lost his belt, he deserves a shot especially after tonight.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Rampage vs. Chuck again? That makes no sense, if anything they should have a rematch between Wanderlai and Chuck since they're both coming off losses and their first fight was highly contested amd entertaining.

Rampage on the other hand didn't get dominated when he lost his belt, he deserves a shot especially after tonight.
im pretty sure ufc doesnt give title shot "rematches" after just one victory, quinton's most likely gonna need another win before hegets a shot at the title, as for the above poster, a match between rampage and machida seems very plausible but im pretty sure machida's still fightingthiago silva isnt he???

edit - to the top poster, i know thiago silva's on a streak but i doubt he's really in the mix

pimp.gif
to Live internet streams! Didnt think id be able to catch this here in my hotel in NY.

My boy Rampage comes back with a vengeance!

Can anyone make an avy of that Super TKO by Q?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Rampage vs. Chuck again? That makes no sense, if anything they should have a rematch between Wanderlai and Chuck since they're both coming off losses and their first fight was highly contested amd entertaining.

im pretty sure ufc doesnt give title shot "rematches" after just one victory, quinton's most likely gonna need another win before he gets a shot at the title, as for the above poster, a match between rampage and machida seems very plausible but im pretty sure machida's still fighting thiago silva isnt he???

edit - to the top poster, i know thiago silva's on a streak but i doubt he's really in the mix
After just one victory lesnar got a title shot, why would rampage need another fight?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

After just one victory lesnar got a title shot, why would rampage need another fight?
eyes.gif
cause the heavy weight division is pretty weak, unlike the LHW where its almost like theres a new champ every title defense, plus brock'ssupposed to be the face of their HW division, im not completely sure on how much theyre paying him but im pretty sure hes only behind liddell and couture, andthat was after 2 or 3 fights

Man very depressing night, but it was a crazy event. the fight that put me down the whole night was the wand vs rampage. i wanted to see a war and not anybodygetting badly ko'ed, but hey rampage needed a convincing win since he lost his title to griffin and the recent incident he had. the nog fight really had meupset. i thought it was stopped early since we've seen big nog in worst positions (for example the 3rd fight with herring). i knew that if herb dean letthe match go a little longer nog could of survived. i been watching mir that fight, he was getting a little gassed from trying to put nog away. congradulationsto mir, but looks like im rooting for brock once again in the rematch. the main event was nice i knew rashad would pull it off. he was underrated coming intothis fight.

I was 2-1, I thought Nog would win. But Mir wasn't lying when saying how much he respected Nog. He didn't jump on him the first two knock downs. Hewaited because Nog is still dangerous.

Props to Mir for the rebirth and he will beat Brock again.

Now for my man Rashad. Honestly I used to hate and wonder why he couldn't finish fights getting the best ground positioning. Now he capitalizes on it withGNP, can box like an amatuer boxer, and utilizes kicks.

The man has evolved and that's what being a Martial Artist is about. Can he hold the belt? I believe so simply because of his movement and in his backpocket he's great on the ground. At 5'11'' his athletisicm is amazing.

It's only fair the winner of Machida/Silva gets the shot.

Damn upset card of the year. Wandy is one of my favs but damn he needs to stop swinging wildly without blocking, he shoulda kept with those leg kicks and waitfor a good opening. Excellent job by Mir, Nog was exposed when Herring knocked him down and decided not to ground and pound him, Sylvia was winning until thatchoke. Nog shouldn't always rely on his chin and tonight just proved it. Forrest also had that fight with Rashad but like Wand he should have just takenhis time, Forrest should have kept Rashad in the guard if he coudln't get him in a sub and just wait it out till the next round he was winning the first 2rounds.

pretty good fights overall

wandy has severely lost his speed and reflexes. hes still a big power puncher but it seems like thats wat hes only focused on. lol @ liddell's reaction.

too bad nog lost. i was rooting for him but it was mad evident that hes nearing his fight career. getting beat up badly by fedor and crocop (even though hewon) and all his other big fights has finally caught up to him. mir knew he would have gotten caught wit a submission if he took it down on the ground. goodstrategy on mir's part.

good job on rashard. forrest should have went for some submission attempts or just either clinched up on the ground.

cant wait for shogun's comeback

shogun should be able to take coleman out this time around if ring rust hasn't got the best of him, but again all coleman has really done since snappingrua's arm is just get older.

it's sad to see wanderlei and big nog go out the way they did, but accumulated punishment catches up to every fighter one day. both men really need tocontemplate whether or not they should continue fighting on. silva has just been ko'd BRUTALLY one too many times, and nog is getting dropped by punchesthat he would've eaten for breakfast back in the early 2000's. unfortunately, i have a strong feeling that both men will continue on with theircareers simply due to the fact that neither has hit his big paycheck on american soil as of yet. this is a big thing for silva, especially since he and hisfamily have found permanent residence in the states.

Originally Posted by craxyaznguy

Originally Posted by tupac003

Props to forrest for taking it like a G.
pimp.gif
forrest wasn't bitter or anything, really surprised me. Thats a real show of sportsmanship right there.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...but its sad 2 see one of my favorite fighters go out the way he did Antonio "Minotauro" Nogeaira

although i wanted nog to win, im actually glad he didnt cuz i didnt wanna see him get destroyed by lesnar... props to mir, dude is back

a great submission artist will ALWAYS be brock lesnar's weakness... he came into the game a little too late.. most other wrestlers evolved theirsub-defense with the growth of more dynamic jiu jitsu subs... and he will always be just slightly behind the power curve

1. Wanderlei got caught with that same hook he took from Dan Henderson.

2. Frank Mir's standup was crisp as hell. I still think a more seasoned Brock will dominate him with GNP, nullifying this improved stand up. Butwe'll eventually see.

3. Rashad hs improved his all-around game, but I think most impressive was his chin. He can stay in the pocket and counter-punch pretty effectively. I'mreally trying to think of the type of fighter that would be a bad matchup for him, but I can't think of one. That's pretty scary.

4. I'm guessing that the Okami fight sucked, because it didn't even get on TV even with all the 1st round finishes.

5. How can you not love Matt Hammil?

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Rashad hs improved his all-around game, but I think most impressive was his chin. He can stay in the pocket and counter-punch pretty effectively. I'm really trying to think of the type of fighter that would be a bad matchup for him, but I can't think of one. That's pretty scary.
i dont know if any "bad" matchups for him but the one person that i can think of that can take his punches and trade punches with him isobviously rampage but rashad is a lot more athletic and mobile though so who knows how that would go

machida might be a bad matchup for him but but thats cause hes a bad matchup for everyone, he fights his game regardless of the opponent - unexciting
frown.gif
but its cool though, cause rashad will just pull one of these:

2ep0jl2.gif

Back
Top Bottom