Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

vo32up.gif

I loved how roy acted all cocky after he beat kimbo and was saying stuff to the fertitta's and dana and they were just like "umm, is this guyserious?" lol, he won but it wasn't impressive AT ALL.

A record-setting 6.1 million viewers tuned in to watch Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson enter the Octagon with Roy Nelson, who earned a second-round technical knockout over the Internet backyard brawler Wednesday on "The Ultimate Fighter 10," according to a press release from Spike TV.

The fight is now the most watched ever on Spike TV, topping Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson's middleweight battle at UFC 75 in September 2007, which garnered 5.9 million viewers. A replay of the episode also gained 1.5 million viewers in the 11 p.m. timeslot.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by sensation87

2 things...

Roy is a punk, go back and watch he was talking about getting the cheap win at the top of the show, it was his plan from the beginning.
I will never watch any fight w/ him in it, I thought brock fights were bad but this gut is the definition of "lay and pray"
F'n pathetic
As pathetic and cheap it may have been a win is a win. Though I might not agree that the match was a fun one, it was a smart game plan by Big Country. Would you risk standing up with Kimbo or do what you know is going to be effective to get your chance at a contract?

Heres a hypothetical scenario: Let's say roy won TUF then proceded to win every fight like the kimbo fight you think he'd ever get a title shot like that? Hell no! Yeah you can win like that but really why are you jumping up and down like you did something great? You noogie'd a guy till the ref stopped it!
Do you think Roy would act the same way if he beat anyone else in the house?

Roy is a punk in my book. Not because of the way he won the fight, because a win is a win but all that crap he was talking afterwards like he completelydominated the whole fight....eff outta here man. Even Dana was talking crap about Roy
laugh.gif

Rampage: How you get the moon of you?...the moon?!?!?!

Dream 11 coming up can't wait anyone know how to watch it online, is it through a regular stream like we do for UFC ppv fights?

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

A record-setting 6.1 million viewers tuned in to watch Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson enter the Octagon with Roy Nelson, who earned a second-round technical knockout over the Internet backyard brawler Wednesday on "The Ultimate Fighter 10," according to a press release from Spike TV.

The fight is now the most watched ever on Spike TV, topping Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson's middleweight battle at UFC 75 in September 2007, which garnered 5.9 million viewers. A replay of the episode also gained 1.5 million viewers in the 11 p.m. timeslot.

my man Kimbo is a brand
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
@ those numbers from the Kimbo/Nelsonfight.

Props dyyhard for posting the video, I'm about to watch it now.

EDIT:

Just finished watching the fight.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ this clown Nelson acting like he destroyed Kimbo.

roll.gif
@ Rampage going with the Kimbo look.

2 things...

Roy is a punk, go back and watch he was talking about getting the cheap win at the top of the show, it was his plan from the beginning.
I will never watch any fight w/ him in it, I thought brock fights were bad but this gut is the definition of "lay and pray"
F'n pathetic
As pathetic and cheap it may have been a win is a win. Though I might not agree that the match was a fun one, it was a smart game plan by Big Country. Would you risk standing up with Kimbo or do what you know is going to be effective to get your chance at a contract?

Heres a hypothetical scenario: Let's say roy won TUF then proceded to win every fight like the kimbo fight you think he'd ever get a title shot like that? Hell no! Yeah you can win like that but really why are you jumping up and down like you did something great? You noogie'd a guy till the ref stopped it!
Do you think Roy would act the same way if he beat anyone else in the house?
Yes I do. From the way he is portrayed on the show he seems like an ego maniac.

MMAWeekly: Firstly, Roy claimed that you didn't stop the fight in the first round because of Kimbo's status on the show. How do you respond to that?

Dean: Well, it's not that complicated. I'm there to protect the fighter's safety. Kimbo got up after that round pretty quick and spry, right? If I stop a fight it's because I believe a fighter's not fighting back, because he can't. And there's reasons why a fighter can't fight back. One is a positional reason like Roy had on Kimbo. It was positional. Could (Kimbo) handle blows and continue to fight? He did. He made it to the end of the (first) round and continued to fight. If the blows were any less, I would have stood them up. The blows were strong enough to warrant being on the ground, but they weren't strong enough for me to stop the fight.

i'm way more of a boxing fan than UFC. i don't really MMA but Kimbo keeps the casual fan like myself interested. they need to keep trotting him outthere but eventually he has to beat somebody....

Bobby Lashley and Kimbo both with American Top Team. That's a good look for both of them.

I think American TopTeam is a really good choice for a training camp for Kimbo to be with. I was thinking he should've trained with Greg Jackson's campbut ATT will probably help K.Slice get more well rounded I really want to see him in the UFC and do big things.

What do you guys think about the talks of Henderson maybe not coming back to the UFC because of him saying that their not giving him enough money? I reallyhope they keep him in order for him to hopefully get back to the top and be of some actual competition for Silva. They were saying if the negotiations gothrough he would sign on for a 5-fight deal with the UFC and his probable next match would be against Marquardt which would be great.

If Kimbo can't do @*+% on the ground why is he even in MMA. I was gonna say he should focus on boxing but from that fight it looks like his standup game istrash too.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

last word on hendo was that he still hadnt re-upped with the company yet.
i think hendo is just mad that anderson didnt give him another chance now he throws a fit to get a main event

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

last word on hendo was that he still hadnt re-upped with the company yet.
i think hendo is just mad that anderson didnt give him another chance now he throws a fit to get a main event
I don't think he was throwing a fit by any means, dudes contract was up he wanted to renegotiate and on top of that he was way ahead of theline to fight Silva moreso than Belfort. If I was Anderson I wouldn't want to fight Henderson too cuz he was the only one in the UFC to actually take itto Silva in their last match. If Henderson is on his A-game I def see him beating Silva.

Whats good with Dream 11 tommorow though, anyone know how to watch it online? Will there be a stream like we do for UFC matches? First time doing that soidk, lmk.

Back
Top Bottom