Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Phil Nurse is so Gay
laugh.gif

Why does the crowd BOO jon Fitch when he takes his man down, but not boo when GSP does it??????????

Hardy is a tough dude, but GSP dominated once again. I got alot of respect for hardy due to all the submissions he didn't tap to al la dan henderson when he fought nogueria for the 2nd time in pride.

Dude got guts and heart.

Instead of apologizing GSP, how about next time you break dudes arm and give people their moneys worth

Dudes a beast but his fights are boring

Hardy's reach advantage kept his arm from snapping.
GSP did let go one time though. 
He looked unsure if he wanted to snap his arm or not.

as much as i wanted Hardy to win i knew it was impossible....

Hardys a brawler and has charisma so hell be back asap....

GSP needs to move up....

Much respect to Dan Hardy even in a loss, he got heart

And GSP is a beast, I got a lot of respect for him and his work ethic, but he's boring man.  He needs to spend a little more time polishing his stand-up and less time on wrestling and submissions.  If he fights Anderson it's a guarantee he's getting waxed.

unfortunately there is no one else for gsp at 170, everyone else is a striker except for fitch who would get dominated exactly the same as last time, all the other strikers would get taken down with ease just like bj, alves, hardy etc, somebody mentioned jake shields, jake would get dominated on the ground just like everyone else, sadly 170 would be a more exciting division if gsp left it and moved up

the only people who pose a threat to gsp are wrestlers at higher weights, off the top of my head someone like chael sonnen, imo even anderson silva would get taken down and dominated by gsp on the ground

i feel like its reached a point where its not really about talent or even weight anymore when it comes to facing gsp, i feel if gsp moved up to 185 and faced a top contender like marquardt he'd do the exact same thing that sonnen did and expose marquardt on his back

gsp's not going to get in a standup war with people who are elite strikers, theres very few people at 185 who i can see stopping gsp's takedowns (wheres dan henderson when you need him)

GSP should just move to middleweight now.  There's no one at WW who can stop his takedowns or challenge him.  It was disappointing that he didn't finish the fight.  Ever since he lost against Serra, he's too cautious on the feet and over thinks everything.  He's too scared of losing and doesn't concentrate on destroying people.  In his earlier fights he just let his hands go and was also ground and pounding fools.  He should be carving up people's faces like Jon Jones does.

He needs to spend a little more time polishing his stand-up and less time on wrestling and submissions.

Dudes here trying to chime in by typing before thinking.

Since when the hell did you start watching MMA?
laugh.gif
GSPs base is striking and was fighting mostly as a striker at the beginning of his career. His wrestling got better and better (imo) during his fights w/ Hughes. Hughes back then was destroying everyone through his wrestling + gnp/subs, and I bet GSP realized how important that is to neutralize that and finally beat him. When you have Sherk, Hughes, Koscheck and Fitch to face in the ocatagon, you better know how to wrestle, then execute a sub or gnp to win the match.

Now he's just a stud and realizes how it gives him a competitive advantage against people like:  Serra (pulls guard way too quickly), Alves and now Hardy hasn't really shown a lot of wrestling skill and GSPs able to take advantage of that. He successfully out wrestled BJ twice and gave him a combination of stand-up + gnp to win those matches.

Call me anything you want, but you're dead wrong about that "GSP has to polish his stand up" non-sense
laugh.gif
. What he doesn't have is the KO power, and I'll take that one whole-heartedly.

PS
Mir's on suicide watch right now.

Back
Top Bottom