Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by Club29

laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh2.gif

Originally Posted by third

anyone else think jones is in above his head vs shogun?

this was my initial reaction...gonna be a good test.

Anyone else want to see a Bader v Forrest fight?

I was going nuts when that front kick. Silva is a BEAST! As for the GSP Silva fight, I dont see the point in terms of it being a superfight. Silva will be too big and have a crazy striking advantage over GSP.

bader forrest would be good

now jones vs shogun ummm can we say quite possibly the most underanticipated championship bout even with it being announced tonight? i thought shogun was in a league of his own he destroyed mahcida in 2 but destroyed him with leg kicks in fight 1 shogun won both imo and this will prolly be the fight of the decade cause if jones win no one in light heavyweight will contend for years to come with jones being so young

i hate anderson silva but now he is just to good to hate so you have to enjoy the talent... on a fake kick to the chest and str8 at the chin unbelievable lol

cant wait for lesnar vs cain 2 cause dos santos aint gonna get out of round 1 cain beats lesnar again whose to challenge him? carwin lol only if he lands that slow fist

[table][tr][td]Maurício "Shogun" Rua[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Born[/th][td]Maurício Milani Rua
November 25, 1981 (age 29)
CuritibaBrazil[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Other names[/th][td]Shogun[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Nationality[/th][td]  Brazilian[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Height[/th][td]6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)[sup][1][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Weight[/th][td]205 lb (93 kg; 14.6 st)[sup][2[/sup][/td][/tr][/table]
nerd.gif

Jones >

Even though the result was amazing. I am somewhat dissapointed in the card. Opener sucked. 2nd fight sucked as well. I was hoping bader & jones were gonna brawl a lil more. I thought Rich would put up more of a fight and I thought the main event was gonna be more of war. overall I cant wait for ufc 130.

I tried to tell ya'll. Folks actually hate this guy because he's a smart fighter.

Because of three fights he didn't go for the kill simply because he was fighting an elite grappler is just pure science.

Why lose trying to be billy bad $#+ and get subbed?

"...When my opponent expands I contract...and when the opportunity presents itself...I do not hit, it hits all by itself..."
-Bruce Lee

ME ME ME ME
Literally was shaking my head when he got the title shot
Hes only getting it cuz the UFC wants to build him up and make him the golden boy, all these other dudes are getting older and they NEED someone young and new
I hope Shogun whoops him but foreal its a win win for Jon Jones. If he wins hes gonna be a "champion" for a title shot he should of never got. if he loses your gonna hear the excuses "He only had 6 weeks to train, hes only 23" etc.

The more I watch Jones and think he is going to get tested, the more he just dominates people. He is strong everywhere and the kid is a workhorse. I think this fight was a HUGE confidence booster. Bader is a grown ___ man and Jones ripped through him like he wasnt even there. Shogun is on a different level than Bader and so are a lot of other guys but Jones has the confidence now. I think it is going to be a slugfest and Jones is just as dynamic as Shogun is on the feet. I think it has the makings of a great fight that Jones can win.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The more I watch Jones and think he is going to get tested, the more he just dominates people. He is strong everywhere and the kid is a workhorse. I think this fight was a HUGE confidence booster. Bader is a grown ___ man and Jones ripped through him like he wasnt even there. Shogun is on a different level than Bader and so are a lot of other guys but Jones has the confidence now. I think it is going to be a slugfest and Jones is just as dynamic as Shogun is on the feet. I think it has the makings of a great fight that Jones can win.
smokin.gif
 God I hope so... I feel like its been awhile since there was a goood ol slugfest for the title. I miss Rampage 
nerd.gif
 and Lidell.

I could be wrong tho I generally only watch maybe a quarter of them depending on the ticket.  

AND 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 at the .gif that was the most perfect strike ive ever seen... he almost kicked dukes head off his shoulders
laugh.gif
sick.gif
... the way vitor was hunched over so far if sumone ps'd his body out it would look like a Reggie Roby skull punt 
laugh.gif

...at anyone thinking Jones can beat Shogun IF shogun is healthy. Jones vs Shogun is insane, Jones isn't ready to face a Shogun, i say he should be given winner of thiago rampage or machida.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

...at anyone thinking Jones can beat Shogun IF shogun is healthy. Jones vs Shogun is insane, Jones isn't ready to face a Shogun, i say he should be given winner of thiago rampage or machida.
Seeing as im sitting upfront on this bandwagon im saying Jones will stop him in 1 round.

Thats kind of an insult. How does a legend who destroyed Machida get set as the underdog? I got Shogun ALL the way.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Seeing as im sitting upfront on this bandwagon im saying Jones will stop him in 1 round.

ehhh i wouldnt go that far, but im liking Jones' chances.

but you can never count out Shogun....This is crazy, and the fight is only a month away!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom