Official Music Theory Thread

Don't know how many people here play instruments. This thread can be a total fail. But if you got anything worth sharing, thoughts etc
Post it here. 

Questions are welcomed. 

Created this thread after learning how to apply a Harmonic minor scale into a ii7b5-V7-i7 Chord progression and it sounded a whole lot better than a regular minor scale in there.

In essence, the harmonic minor scale is the same as the minor scale except that the 7th stays major to satisfy the V7 chord.

I'm still learning the piano. I keep stopping with my lessons though so it's hard for my to retain all that I've learned.
Think I'm just going to try to teach myself. One of my teachers got really sick so she had to stop teaching and after that I got my friend to teach me but she left for school.

Anyone know how difficult it'll be to teach yourself the sax? That's the one instrument along with the cello that I really want to learn to play

Fat
Chris
Got
Drunk
At
Ed's
Bar

This is what my guitar teacher told me to remember the order of sharps.

Originally Posted by phangirl

Fat
Chris
Got
Drunk
At
Ed's
Bar

This is what my guitar teacher told me to remember the order of sharps.
and for your flats, its backwards... or you can remember your flats like this "BEADGCF" as in "beads" "Greatest Common Factor"
Im open for any questions you guys have.

I normally play guitar but i can venture into piano as well

Never heard that Fat Chris one...

always gone by

Father
Charles
Goes
Down
And
Ends
Battle

still forms a memorable sentence in reverse as well.

Back
Top Bottom