Official N.Y. Yankees 2010 SEASON THREAD (95-67) WC/ALDS Winners, and that's it =[ ...

Oh yeah, they won the season series.

A well rested C.C. on the road > ....

im so disgusted right now.

i'd like to win a contest to smack girardi ....

i know im overreacting but dam we been playing like straight *!+@
30t6p3b.gif

Truthfully I rather play the Twins,but you never know..

Looks like its gonna be hard to repeat the way we have been playing.

if anyone else is interested, Ticketmaster has a bunch of $60.00 tickets available right now in the Main section. Pretty good seats for cheap

Originally Posted by onewearz
Take a deep breath and repeat the following:

3, 2, 1

1, 2, 3

What the heck is bothering me?

laugh.gif

On the real though, bumbling and stumbling into the playoffs is not a good look.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

Truthfully I rather play the Twins,but you never know..

Looks like its gonna be hard to repeat the way we have been playing.
Pretty much how I feel at this point.

-C.C.'s Game 1 start is truly pivotal for the series (not that it wasn't already).
-I want to chase Pavano out of the game early on
devil.gif
.  Slated to start Game 2, correct?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe the regular season is over. It went by so quick. My summer took an unexpected turn when my family member had a stroke back in July (now in rehab, recovering well with each passing day), and the Yankees were there when I was looking to keep my mind off of things. That was one of my reasons for slacking in updating this thread title and posting in the thread itself. Before the incident though, I slacked too, unexcused. Now that the playoffs are around, I expect to post more, and the same goes for a lot of Team Yankees on NT.

Let's still post here throughout the postseason, but start to take get into JPZx's ALDS thread. See you fellas over there.

GAME 1 Wednesday (10/6), Target Field
LHP CC Sabathia (21-7, 3.18) vs. LHP Francisco Liriano (14-10, 3.62)
8:37 p.m., TBS

GAME 2 Thursday (10/7), Target Field
LHP Andy Pettitte (11-3, 3.28) vs. RHP Carl Pavano (17-11, 3.75)
6:07 p.m., TBS

GAME 3 Saturday (10/9), Yankee Stadium
RHP Phil Hughes (18-8, 4.19) vs. LHP Brian Duensing (10-3, 2.62)
8:37 p.m., TBS

GAME 4
Sunday (10/10), Yankee Stadium LHP CC Sabathia (21-7, 3.18) vs. RHP Nick Blackburn (10-12, 5.42)
8:07 p.m., TBS

GAME 5 Tuesday (10/12), Target Field
LHP Andy Pettitte (11-3, 3.28) vs. LHP Francisco Liriano (14-10, 3.62)
8:07 or 8:37 p.m., TBS

Just met Hideki Irabu at Marshalls Torrance, CA.

dude is tall, flabby and out of shape.

Wife was returning something, she was bout a 3, and that's being kind.

Must be nice to be 40, live in Palos Verdes, (affluent suburb of LA), retired from baseball and just accompany your wife around shopping on a weekday. ok maybe not so fun.

for the brief few seconds I was talking to him, I kept thinking, BUST.

^ You should have asked him for those 98 & 99 Championship rings back. "Japanese Nolan Ryan", my @$# ....

^ You should have asked him for those 98 & 99 Championship rings back. "Japanese Nolan Ryan", my @$# ....

As the guys from UFC like to say, "It is all over!"
mad.gif
frown.gif

The 2010 Yankees. A season that showed promise to repeat and earn World Series title #28 for the franchise basically came down to being outplayed to the fullest extent in all aspects of the game against the Rangers. The team didn't get the job done (except Cano), and even some of Girardi's decisions were in question at times. Is there anything we can do about it to dwell on? Nothing other then the fact that the Rangers simply outplayed us, that's it. Frustrating to see the team play the way they did in this ALCS.

I can't think of much to say right now about the loss and the season in general, but I think it's time for all of us to head to the off-season thread. It's 2AM and I'm tired, so I'm not going to post everyone's names, but to everyone who has posted in this thread throughout the season, and you know who you are, lots of good times in here. In July (and even still now), I've had a rough few past months with family issues, but as things are getting better with each day, this thread was refreshing to come in and read/post in, whenever I found the time to do so. Lots of laughs, good posts, and game discussions.

See you fellas in the off-season thread
pimp.gif
. By the way, I just check last seasons thread, it was over 500 pages long
eek.gif
. We all slacked this season with posting, I think that's clear. Let's not do it again next season.

Back
Top Bottom