Official N.Y. Yankees 2011 SEASON THREAD y-(97-65) Vol. We'll be in the Off-season thread =/

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Pro, in your opinion whats Montero's role on this team? He's a mediocre defensive catcher and can't command a pitching staff. His bat has been ready for 2 years and he still can't get a cup of coffee. You mean to tell me you wouldn't trade him and a couple lower level prospects for Carpenter at the deadline ? Its crazy cause Nunez is the reason why Cliff Lee isn't a Yankee right now and probably Andy Pettite also. Prospects are what they are. Prospects

Well IMO it's not his fault he can't get the cup of coffee it's just that they're not going to risk benching Jorge and they've had veterans the last two years who they thought should get PT before Montero.  Now he just looks bored as hell down there.  I am starting to see that he will not make it on this team but we can do A LOT better than Carpenter or Beltran for him.  I think age is catching up to Carpenter.  He's getting hit pretty well in a pitchers park in St. Louis, put him in here and a lot of those fly balls turn into HR's.  Plus, STL is still contending and they'll look for infield help not subtract.  And they have Molina, the best defensive catcher in the game with pop and you know those Molina's play forever.  The M's wanted Nunez, Montero, Banuelos and a pick of Garnder or another prospect
laugh.gif
.  Prospects must just be prospects to you but there's a reason we were in the dark ages championship wise for nearly 10 years, old players especially old pitchers don't put your team over the hump.

BTW, holes check out this article on the MVP race and how wide it should be and how meaningless stats and team record are appointing A-Gone a false MVP.
The baseball season still has two and a half months left of games to be played, but the bifurcation around the All Star Game often results in award discussions. The discussions tend to grow contentious when one player clearly stands out amongst the crop of candidates, but is passed over in lieu of a player with a more fitting narrative.

Right now, Jose Bautista is the most valuable player in the American League, not Adrian Gonzalez.

Bautista boasts a .334/.468/.702 line, and a gaudy .487 wOBA. He has launched 31 home runs in 84 games, and is on pace to hit right around 50 by the end of the season. He is walking in almost 20 percent of his plate appearances and has actually improved his strikeout rate. With average defense and plus-baserunning, it becomes difficult to point out any flaws in his game. Last year was clearly his breakout season, as he tallied 6.9 wins above replacement. In slightly over half of a season this year he has already produced 6.6 WAR, and very well may turn in one of the best seasons in the history of baseball.

Gonzalez is having a fantastic season, but one very clearly south of Bautista. The Red Sox first baseman has a higher batting average at .354, and a better fielding mark (albeit at an easier position), and that’s about it. His on-base percentage is 54 points lower. His .591 slugging percentage is 111 points lower. Put everything together and Gonzalez has a .429 wOBA, which would lead the league if not for the fact that Bautista’s mark is almost 60 points higher. Gonzalez is the best player in the American League outside of the Jose Bautista division, but there is a clear line of demarcation between he and Bautista.

Why are so many touting Gonzalez as the MVP of the first half? The arguments tend to boil down to the following areas: his quest for the batting title, the high RBI total, clutch performance, and the performance of the Red Sox as a team.

Only one of those is valid — the team performance — and an argument can be made that Bautista’s advantage on a singular player level is so vast that any disparity between the Red Sox and Blue Jays is negated.

Yes, Gonzalez has a league-leading 77 runs batted in. He also leads the league in batting average. Bautista has knocked in “only

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Pro, in your opinion whats Montero's role on this team? He's a mediocre defensive catcher and can't command a pitching staff. His bat has been ready for 2 years and he still can't get a cup of coffee. You mean to tell me you wouldn't trade him and a couple lower level prospects for Carpenter at the deadline ? Its crazy cause Nunez is the reason why Cliff Lee isn't a Yankee right now and probably Andy Pettite also. Prospects are what they are. Prospects

Well IMO it's not his fault he can't get the cup of coffee it's just that they're not going to risk benching Jorge and they've had veterans the last two years who they thought should get PT before Montero.  Now he just looks bored as hell down there.  I am starting to see that he will not make it on this team but we can do A LOT better than Carpenter or Beltran for him.  I think age is catching up to Carpenter.  He's getting hit pretty well in a pitchers park in St. Louis, put him in here and a lot of those fly balls turn into HR's.  Plus, STL is still contending and they'll look for infield help not subtract.  And they have Molina, the best defensive catcher in the game with pop and you know those Molina's play forever.  The M's wanted Nunez, Montero, Banuelos and a pick of Garnder or another prospect
laugh.gif
.  Prospects must just be prospects to you but there's a reason we were in the dark ages championship wise for nearly 10 years, old players especially old pitchers don't put your team over the hump.

BTW, holes check out this article on the MVP race and how wide it should be and how meaningless stats and team record are appointing A-Gone a false MVP.
The baseball season still has two and a half months left of games to be played, but the bifurcation around the All Star Game often results in award discussions. The discussions tend to grow contentious when one player clearly stands out amongst the crop of candidates, but is passed over in lieu of a player with a more fitting narrative.

Right now, Jose Bautista is the most valuable player in the American League, not Adrian Gonzalez.

Bautista boasts a .334/.468/.702 line, and a gaudy .487 wOBA. He has launched 31 home runs in 84 games, and is on pace to hit right around 50 by the end of the season. He is walking in almost 20 percent of his plate appearances and has actually improved his strikeout rate. With average defense and plus-baserunning, it becomes difficult to point out any flaws in his game. Last year was clearly his breakout season, as he tallied 6.9 wins above replacement. In slightly over half of a season this year he has already produced 6.6 WAR, and very well may turn in one of the best seasons in the history of baseball.

Gonzalez is having a fantastic season, but one very clearly south of Bautista. The Red Sox first baseman has a higher batting average at .354, and a better fielding mark (albeit at an easier position), and that’s about it. His on-base percentage is 54 points lower. His .591 slugging percentage is 111 points lower. Put everything together and Gonzalez has a .429 wOBA, which would lead the league if not for the fact that Bautista’s mark is almost 60 points higher. Gonzalez is the best player in the American League outside of the Jose Bautista division, but there is a clear line of demarcation between he and Bautista.

Why are so many touting Gonzalez as the MVP of the first half? The arguments tend to boil down to the following areas: his quest for the batting title, the high RBI total, clutch performance, and the performance of the Red Sox as a team.

Only one of those is valid — the team performance — and an argument can be made that Bautista’s advantage on a singular player level is so vast that any disparity between the Red Sox and Blue Jays is negated.

Yes, Gonzalez has a league-leading 77 runs batted in. He also leads the league in batting average. Bautista has knocked in “only

Originally Posted by onewearz

andrew jones
eek.gif

BACK IN THE GAME
pimp.gif

btw, anybody else notice a couple of the waitresses behind homeplate are pretty hot , that brunette
pimp.gif
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has noticed those Rogers Centre SkyDome waitresses behind home plate.
pimp.gif

andrew jones
eek.gif

BACK IN THE GAME
pimp.gif

btw, anybody else notice a couple of the waitresses behind homeplate are pretty hot , that brunette
pimp.gif
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has noticed those Rogers Centre SkyDome waitresses behind home plate.
pimp.gif

Sure he's become a great hitter, but I hate that a HR surge that Bautista has had would get him MVP honors.

Granderson > Bautista this season, as un-biased as I can be making that statement
laugh.gif

Sure he's become a great hitter, but I hate that a HR surge that Bautista has had would get him MVP honors.

Granderson > Bautista this season, as un-biased as I can be making that statement
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

andrew jones
eek.gif

BACK IN THE GAME
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dominique > those 2 waitresses

Originally Posted by briannnnn

andrew jones
eek.gif

BACK IN THE GAME
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Just read the article I posted, it shows that there's been Bautista this year and everyone else is below him.  Way below him.  Last year, yea it was just the HR's.  This year, he's having a Bonds type season.

Originally Posted by bkmac

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Just read the article I posted, it shows that there's been Bautista this year and everyone else is below him.  Way below him.  Last year, yea it was just the HR's.  This year, he's having a Bonds type season.

GotHolesInMySocks wrote:
briannnnn wrote:

andrew jones
eek.gif

BACK IN THE GAME
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd ask Corliss to hold my hand...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I feel sorry for you, Bobby.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

GotHolesInMySocks wrote:
briannnnn wrote:

andrew jones
eek.gif

BACK IN THE GAME
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd ask Corliss to hold my hand...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I feel sorry for you, Bobby.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how is seattle doing???

hope they go on a major losing streak and put felix on the block

how is seattle doing???