Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

The book told him to
laugh.gif

Swisher is hitting .278 that is :wow: to me.

Chavez season stats being in the same realm as ARod's :smh: . Chavez better be kept around next year, dude deserves it.

Teixera will piss me off forever because he was a .280 + hitter from 04-09 (even getting over .300 a couple times).. And since his second year in NY no better than .256 :x

And Russ at .196... :lol:

Last edited:
Well don't pay too much attention to BA when it comes to Swish and Tex or anyone for that matter. With Swish, you know it's all about the on base and Tex is still top 15 - 20 in the AL slugging and OPS. Those will give you more info into how good he is. Not worth the money I suppose but the defense is still good, we kept him away from Boston and he's helped us get one ring so far. Russell is another story :lol: dude is atrocious but he does handle the staff I guess. I have a feeling they'll spend on Napoli and start bringing Romine or Sanchez further along and trade the other.

BTW we're struggling lately because we can't get a damn title change :lol:

Well don't pay too much attention to BA when it comes to Swish and Tex or anyone for that matter. With Swish, you know it's all about the on base and Tex is still top 15 - 20 in the AL slugging and OPS. Those will give you more info into how good he is. Not worth the money I suppose but the defense is still good, we kept him away from Boston and he's helped us get one ring so far. Russell is another story :lol: dude is atrocious but he does handle the staff I guess. I have a feeling they'll spend on Napoli and start bringing Romine or Sanchez further along and trade the other.
BTW we're struggling lately because we can't get a damn title change :lol:

You're right....

I mentioned Swish because .250 used to be an accomplishment at the end of the year. .278 is wow. I know he hit .288 one year here, but no one ever expects him over .250 anymore.

And that's true with Teix.. But for christ sake, it's frustrating looking at that BA when you know he was a .300 able hitter.. And his OBP is 80 points less when he was a really good hitter. I agree he can't go because of his defense and he can drive in runs, but he's been pissing me off just how he hits now.

I hate the Catcher position :lol: Everything about it pisses me off for whatever reason...

As much **** as I gave Jorge his last couple years for sucking beyond belief and not retiring... I miss him

Last edited:
Yea but they overpaid him just to keep him away from Boston and he was hitting towards the end of his peak, the back end of that contract is gonna be bad :lol:

Swish has come a long way since his last year in Chicago :lol: barely hit .200. Seriously gonna miss him if they do let him walk.

Jorge spoiled us bad :lol: but I think they'll be OK this year, either Napoli next year or McCann the year after. IDK if the kids are gonna stick around TBH, I think that's the one position coveted around the league and Cash will use that for a pitcher.

Yeah I don't know how likely it is either for catching prospects to stay... The Free Agent Market for pitching is small (Greinke then snooze fest).. And it's our biggest need on the starting side. (Relievers I think we're fine with... Just move Hughes back into the bullpen where he belongs... Boone- Robertson- Hughes- Soriano - Mo and I'm more than happy with it.. And sign Soriano to an extension sometime next year to take over closing role when God retires)

For next year...I'd like Pineda as #3.. Nova #4. In all honesty. I think it's a good way to spread out depth rather than look for a #4 or #5 in Free Agency... Nova has the stuff to be good, I just think with injuries, the pressure keeps getting too much for him. At a #4 he's not thrust into having to bridge our Ace to a wounded rotation. Then use our catching prospects to try and land a #2 if possible..

#5 starter would be more so whoever fills the role. I wouldn't be upset if Kuroda was the #5 next year.

As for everything else.. I like the way the Yankees are constructed now.. My only wants would be catching (since Russ is laughable, and our prospects will likely bring in pitching).. And have a more evenly structured bench of contact and power.. Rather than guys who are homerun or strikeout..Those guys serve a purpose, but you need people who can hit a ball for contact as well, especially since we're injury prone. Chavez is one guy I need on the bench next year. just for how he's performed this year. Hitting 287.. And his slugging is 2nd on the team. Granted it is a 200 bat less sample size, still impressive.

Last edited:
EL CAPITAN !!!!

COMES RIGHT BACK AND TIES IT UP !!!

I swear when he retires I'm swallowing pills with draino :lol:

I didn't see the game, happy we won. Every game is important now.

Anyone else hear on 98.7 how the Dodgers contacted us about trying to get CC and Tex from us? Then there's a possibility of A Rod going to the Dodgers but Cashman said probably not because he's too important to this team.

Anyone else hear on 98.7 how the Dodgers contacted us about trying to get CC and Tex from us? Then there's a possibility of A Rod going to the Dodgers but Cashman said probably not because he's too important to this team.

If we would have gotten rid of CC >:

Damn Cash 
mean.gif

Man as much as I like A-Rod, if you can get out of that contract you gotta do it.

I think it's time as well.. Unless they try to spring Eduardo Nunez in the lineup again :rofl:

BA, OBP, SLG all down significantly... AB/HR up.. RBI frequency down... And he's 37 and can't stay healthy.

He's signed for 5 more years AFTER this season.. He plays very well compared to most 3B, but not worth $20mil +. And in 2-3 years it will probably be god awful to watch him play anything

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom