Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

That was a great @!@%!%* play
You're a Heat fan?  Better get outta here with that LeBron avy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outkast9984

is it possible soriano takes the job?

Of course. Who else is going to take it? David Robertson is great where he is. And he's the only other pitcher I can see taking that role, and he definitely won't be

Robertson

Torn ACL for Rivera says Girardi.

- Girardi on Rivera: "It appears he has a torn ACL ... If that's what it is, it's pretty much as bad as it gets."
- Girardi said he would sleep on who will take over as closer. "We have two guys that are very capable."
- Girardi: "There are a lot of things in life that make you feel hopeless. Injuries are not one of them."
- Girardi: "This is bad. Good teams find a way to overcome things."

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

- Girardi on Rivera: "It appears he has a torn ACL ... If that's what it is, it's pretty much as bad as it gets."
- Girardi said he would sleep on who will take over as closer. "We have two guys that are very capable."
- Girardi: "There are a lot of things in life that make you feel hopeless. Injuries are not one of them."

damn.

i thought he was retiring after this year, he's def. coming back next year

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

damn.

i thought he was retiring after this year, he's def. coming back next year
Idk that might be his career :'(

Probably one of the worst ways to go out as an athlete. You never want and injury to take you out during your last year.

in before some douche makes the shoe joke.

hope his career doesn't end like this though. deserves a better ending for sure.

What else can go wrong that hasn't already?

I know Roberston will be the likely choice for the closing roll, (but we paid Soriano millions to eventually take over and what set up man gets that kind of money but that's another thread). Having Roberston close kills the bridge from the 7th...I don't have much faith in Soriano and half of the staters can't make it to the 7th. And with phelps starting now... Cashman needs to get on the horn! I know it's early in the season but when do the Yankees ever split a series with Minnesota?, lose a series to Baltimore? Or lose to Kansas City? $*!!

soriano likely gets to close

he was pretty dominant his last year with tampa

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]%+$ Is he out there doing trying to get his Jr impersonation on?? [/color]

Back
Top Bottom