Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even in the same conference. Comparison is pointless.

Take into fact that Aldridge made it last year over Rudy, but Brook didn't make it over George this time.

Yes it is.

Bosh is the second Center. WTF they need 3 centers for? When technically they took the whole position out of the voting to begin with. We get it, your mad more Grizzlies dont make the All Star team. Cry me a river son.

Brook needs to be mad that Bosh made it over him not Paul George. Thats the real travesty here.

Last edited:
Bosh is the second Center. WTF they need 3 centers for? When technically they took the who position out of the voting to begin with. We get it, your mad more Grizzlies dont make the All Star team. Cry me a river son.

Brook needs to be mad that Bosh made it over him not Paul George. Thats the real travesty here.

lol wut?

I was just making a point. To say it doesn't make sense at all when every media outlet is saying Lopez was snubbed is stupid. I'm glad only one guy made it this year because Marc definitely needs the rest. The argument is simple....last year, Rudy was the leading scorer on one of the better teams in the West without Zach Randolph last season, but he didn't get in. He and George are putting up similar numbers, but George made it because Granger was out this year. Its that simple.

Is that ok with you Mr. AllenIversonFan? :lol:

4 bigs made the West team, so position has nothing to do with it. And it could've been anybody, maybe Deng, maybe Bosh. The reason why I compared Rudy and George was because they had very similar situations and have similar games.

Last edited:
Bosh is the second Center. WTF they need 3 centers for? When technically they took the who position out of the voting to begin with. We get it, your mad more Grizzlies dont make the All Star team. Cry me a river son.

lol wut?

I was just making a point. To say it doesn't make sense at all when every media outlet is saying Lopez was snubbed is stupid. I'm glad only one guy made it this year because Marc definitely needs the rest. The argument is simple....last year, Rudy was the leading scorer on one of the better teams in the West without Zach Randolph last season, but he didn't get in. He and George are putting up similar numbers, but George made it because Granger was out this year. Its that simple.

Is that ok with you Mr. AllenIversonFan? :lol:

4 bigs made the West team, so position has nothing to do with it. And it could've been anybody, maybe Deng, maybe Bosh. The reason why I compared Rudy and George was because they had very similar situations and have similar games.

There are snubs every year. But you saying George making it is somewhat comparable to Rudy not making it is irrelevant. The West is stacked with SFs. And you saying that position doesnt matter is stupid. Yea lets have a team full of PGs because there are so many good PGs. Match them up with Tyson and KG on the block. I wonder how competitive that game is.

Guys get snubbed because their position is loaded every year. This year was Brook and Steph and plenty of others that were deserving. Last year happened to be Rudy who was having a good year (and dont get me wrong I actually like Rudy because I watched him with Uconn when he was there) But you gotta let it go. Its not that serious. Its not like your team got snubbed either year. You got someone in.

If Paul George didnt make it then the 4th place team in the east would have had no representation. If I remember the Grizz were like 5th or 6th in the west at the break last year and they had Marc in.

Actually, the East is probably more stacked with SF's. I'm surprised Paul Pierce didn't make it as a life time achievement award. Dirk and Duncan made it last year and they did have a better record than this current Boston team, but they did get the life time achievement award.

I can agree that there will be snubs all the time. As mentioned several times, things would be much better if the fan voting was completely gone. The starters were probably ok on both sides this time around. I think Blake should've made it, but not necessarily as a starter either.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There is no sports show period better than Inside the NBA. They just won an Emmy for last night alone.

he should... lopez
laugh.gif
not sure if srs & deng deserves it also... who else is playing almost one handed & is still leading the team...

dont worry ill wait
That's silly.  Lopez is killing it this year.  Best player on a team with a better record than the Bulls.

I cant really argue for Chicago getting 2 All stars especially since Deng was so boring in his last AS appearance. Not saying he isnt good or essential to the Bulls success. But he just isnt an ASG type player. He just goes out and does his job (if that makes sense). But like the guys on inside were saying yesterday. The reserves are voted by the coaches and the Nets got their coach fired by playing like **** and then all of a sudden turned things around right after hes fired. Coaches look out for their own since its basically a player run league as it is.

Last edited:
he should... lopez :lol: not sure if srs
That's silly.  Lopez is killing it this year.  Best player on a team with a better record than the Bulls.

hasnt had the leader of the team all yr....

LU is playing with a torn ligament in hand but still cooking....

Jo is beasting period....

deron williams can make anyone look good (& has)

were working with kirk & nate

if boozer would have started his hot streak earlier, he may have gotten in too :lol: (not srs)

should i continue?

I cant really argue for Chicago getting 2 All stars. But like the guys on inside were saying yesterday. The reserves are voted by the coaches and the Nets got their coach fired by playing like **** and then all of a sudden turned things around right after hes fired. Coaches look out for their own since its basically a player run league as it is.

exactly.... voted in my the coaches who realize who's actually balling.... not a popularity contest

Last edited:
I'm still not seeing this argument that Deng should not be an All-Star.

There almost isnt one. Other than the fact that he isnt an exciting player and will prolly only get 5 minutes in the game anyways for that reason alone. He is very good at his role and hes really stepped up this year. I have no real beef with him there and wouldnt have had any if he was left out and Brook was in his place.

I would have liked to see JR Smith make it because I think he is made for All Star games. I think he would show out like the fans would want. But im realistic in saying I cant see a 6th man (even on the 2nd best team in the east) making it over starters on the 4th and 5th place teams in the league.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why JR Smith is an all star?

17 and 5 on 40% is all star worthy?

Over which guard?

They just need to increase the amount of players that go. That really is the best solution. 12 isnt enough players and adding 15 would really get rid of this issue and honestly the playing roster limit does not need to be respected for what is an exhibition game. I would rather hear the "X person only made it cause 15 people get to go know" than for people who deserve to be there like Steph snubbed. Its not ok.

12 is too many players if you ask me. Should be 10. There's always 2-3 guys that barely get time every year anyway.

What's the point of 15? Somebody's going to play even less and the only point would be just to say 6 extra guys are all stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom