Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make the playoffs. At that point anything can happen.

Plus you have to realize we have to go 22-5 the rest of the way to have a secure spot for the playoffs. Is it gonna be easy? He'll no. If we do though, we'll obviously be ON A ROLL. We'll be the hottest team going into the playoffs, because we HAVE to get hot to just make it. So at that point no Laker fan is going to be worried too much about our first round matchup.

No one will want to see us in the first round if we make the playoffs. No one.

These teams DIdnt just go ham all season racking up wins and getting a high seed to play the 7th or 8th seeded Lakers at full strength in the 1st round...especially because we're such a hot team if we get there.

This isn't the NFL Playoffs. You make the NBA Postseason as an 8th seed, you're getting bounced. The only way you have a chance is if you're a young, upstart team that can just out-hustle/run a wiser #1 seed (ie. Grizzlies 2011, Warriors 2007).

I'm pretty sure the Lakers would rather face the Spurs than OKC.
laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure the Lakers would rather face the Spurs than OKC.
laugh.gif
Pretty sure? You see what OKC did to us last year!?

Were going to have to face OKC at some point if we wanna go all the way... Gotta beat the best to be the best. But Of course we'd rather face the Spurs in the first round! Lol.
Word I rather face Spurs then the Thunder.
Keep asking, it'll come true. I hope we do play. All my brothers are laker fans, and it's always fun having that sibling rivalry. Then when the Lakers lose DBD, fresh sole, c franchise, and I can be in here with the
grin.gif
 face.

Last edited:
:lol:  @ "Egos all over the place."

You're better than that, Antidope. You're... not him. :lol:  He's running his mouth talking about Robin Bryant and second round wins (while also acknowledging that only one team matters every year; the champion) and "He wonders why the movie thread got moved"... then when 'we' respond, it's "Egos all over the place."

He was looking for attention, wasn't comfortable w/ people forgetting about him, then when we respond, it's "Egos"?

Never that.

We're 20-25. Still terrible overall. Three games, shmee games. We know that.

It's that he's annoying, and we're responding to his cries for attention.

'Everyone look at MEEEE!!!!!' :lol:

"You know the type:
Loud as a motorbike."

:lol:

I'm saying :lol:

And why do people keep saying Lakers fans are now popping up in this thread after a 3 game win streak??

Lakers fans are he after losses...it's you guys who dissapear. Hence no Phil pics.

:lol: :smh:

This isn't the NFL Playoffs. You make the NBA Postseason as an 8th seed, you're getting bounced. The only way you have a chance is if you're a young, upstart team that can just out-hustle/run a wiser #1 seed (ie. Grizzlies 2011, Warriors 2007).

Or just have a better matchup, which is all the playoffs boils down to anyway. Teams that if the Lakers make the playoffs they would be a bad matchup against in my opinion everyone except OKC and possibly Memphis if they make a move. Everyone else considering they would have had to be playing pretty well to even make the playoffs in the first place is beatable if we're healthy. But alas that's a long way to go, have to win at minimum 5 outta 7 on this road trip to start the conversation.

When has there ever been an 8th seed as talented as this Lakers team? We havent seen this before. A preseason favorite falling this low then battling for a playoff spot. If they get in and are playing well the seedings will mean absolutely nothing.

You're lying to yourself if you consider us a genuine 8th seed quality team if we get there.
Right now? We're not a playoff quality team, as our record states. But like i said, we have to be the hottest team in the NBA the 2nd half of the season to even sniff a 7th or 8th seed. Im not sayin we gonna easily win or that we going all the way. But You would consider the amount of talent we have, combined with a hot 2nd half record, combined with Kobe playing team ball and our team flourishing... And still think of us a typical easy 8th seeded team whose gonna get easily swept? We ain't even gonna put up a fight if we're playing at our best?

K.

Last edited:
Enough Laker talk. You all say we suck and won't make the playoffs anyway, keep it movin. Let it go.

Laker fans too, talk LA in our thread, this is for other NBA talk. Stop falling for Spur fans baits.

All Star game, trade deadline, Rose comin back, Jefferson is alive I'm told, games tonight, pick one of these. No more 10th seed talk. Tho I do miss the Phil pics, those were fun at least.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers would rather face the Spurs than OKC. :lol:

I'm pretty sure the Lakers would rather face the Spurs than OKC. :lol:

Pretty sure? You see what OKC did to us last year!?

Were going to have to face OKC at some point if we wanna go all the way... Gotta beat the best to be the best. But Of course we'd rather face the Spurs in the first round! Lol.

Word I rather face Spurs then the Thunder.
Keep asking, it'll come true. I hope we do play. All my brothers are laker fans, and it's always fun having that sibling rivalry. Then when the Lakers lose DBD, fresh sole, c franchise, and I can be in here with the >D  face.

Stop it.

Spurs at full strength barely beat the lakers with Pau, Nash, and D12 out.

Last edited:
Its hard to argue with LTB's scenario. IF and that is a HUGE IF, the Lakers can go 22-5 to finish the season they would be a threat to win the whole thing even from the 7 or 8 seed.

But that scenario is very far off. Now if the Lakers back in to the playoffs because Portland, Houston, Denver and Utah just die. Then no the Lakers will prolly get bounced in the 1st round. But if they can miraculously go strong into the playoffs they would be a scary team for anyone.

With that said I dont see them going 22-5 to finish the season. And think they will more than likely miss the playoffs this season. I think this 3 game stretch of playing good is just that. A good stretch. They will prolly come back to playing mediocre ball again and will prolly end the season a couple games over 500 at best.

But we'll see, anything can happen I guess.

Its hard to argue with LTB's scenario. IF and that is a HUGE IF, the Lakers can go 22-5 to finish the season they would be a threat to win the whole thing even from the 7 or 8.

But we'll see, anything can happen I guess.

Thank You man, glad you understand.
22-5 is very far fetched. Not saying it's gonna happen, not saying we going all the way for sure. All I'm sayin is IF we make it to the playoffs, we would be super hot. So anything can happen at that point. We ain't gonna be an easy team to sweep, and OKC/SA/LAC won't be an easy team to beat. But we'll have a strong chance.

That's all.

And of course pre-season out expectations were different. No s*** we didn't expect to be fighting for an 8th seed. But we gotta adapt to our situation. Expectations are now different. We don't like chasing an 8th seed but it's all we can hope for at this current moment. We'll go from there once we cross that bridge.

Last edited:

While I'd usually agree with that point of view, this isn't a normal 8th seed. I'd love to see them start fully clicking and go all the way.

Last edited:
You're right, my fault. All this losing got my mind trippin :lol:

Okay so it's gonna have to be something more like 29-8 to have a solid chance of making it. Still very hot...IF it happens.

Last edited:
Why are you guys saying we have to go 22-5 to make the playoffs, that still leaves 10 games unaccounted for. The benchmark for the West will probably be 45-47 games this year based on the records of the 7th and 8th seeds now (hovering around .500) so 25-12 or 27-10 will more than likely be good enough. That's tough, but still doable. All starts with this road trip though.

I dont think they even have to play that well. I dont see both Portland Utah AND Houston going on a crazy run. Only 4 games back, they probably can go 25-12 and make it. Out of those 4 teams, which one is more likely to get hot? I like our chances.

Edit: Mamba MVP got to it before me. But yea this road trip will def tell us a lot.

Last edited:
Win the championship. There are no other options.
Championship? Lakers are struggling to even make the playoffs and this guy is talking championship?
laugh.gif
4 games out of the 8th seed and the only option is championship?
sick.gif
At least get to .500 first before setting unrealistic expectations
Get it, you do not.
laugh.gif

He's saying, he cares about one thing: the Larry O'Brien trophy,

Everything else is the same to him. For him...

swept in the first round = getting swept in the Finals = not making the playoffs = worst record in the league = losing game 7 in the WCF = going 0-82 on the season = losing game 7 in the Finals

So for him, asking which he would rather between a first round sweep or not making the playoffs, he can't answer, because they're both the same, because they both fail to win a championship. One is not closer to a championship than the other, because there is no 'closer'. There is only 'Did', and 'Didn't'.

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

I was just going off LTBs post. Im not a Lakers fan and have no idea how many games you guys have left. But either way you gotta play 700+ ball for the rest of the season to have a shot and be an actual threat to win anything this season. Thats all I was getting @. The number of games isnt really important to the argument.

Win the championship. There are no other options.

Championship? Lakers are struggling to even make the playoffs and this guy is talking championship? :lol: 4 games out of the 8th seed and the only option is championship? :x At least get to .500 first before setting unrealistic expectations
Get it, you do not. :lol:

He's saying, he cares about one thing: the Larry O'Brien trophy,

Everything else is the same to him. For him...

swept in the first round = getting swept in the Finals = not making the playoffs = worst record in the league = losing game 7 in the WCF = going 0-82 on the season = losing game 7 in the Finals

So for him, asking which he would rather between a first round sweep or not making the playoffs, he can't answer, because they're both the same, because they both fail to win a championship. One is not closer to a championship than the other, because there is no 'closer'. There is only 'Did', and 'Didn't'.

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

When do they announce the replacement for Rondo on the East All Stars?

Vid of the Melo tech from the other night? :nerd:

Wait? Did Ska ban his OG name, or did he just change it? Sorry if im late, but when I saw him quoted I just assumed DBD and AD just changed the name because of their Lakers hate.

If this happened a while ago then my apologies, I dont pay attention to Lakers threads much and its not baseball season yet so this is news to me

So, in non-Lakers NBA news, there's this:

The NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA
Reggie Evans: “LeBron is no different from Joe Johnson or Andray Blatche.” -- http://es.pn/TXUZsh

Nets' Evans unimpressed by LeBron, Heat's title
Apparently, Brooklyn Nets power forward Reggie Evans doesn't think much of the championship the Miami Heat won last season -- or superstar small forward LeBron James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom