Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cavs were pretty much picking on DeAndre Jordan towards the end of the game.

mma_no_gif.gif

I'll rock with the hometown Thunder, or close enough to hometown anyways. I'm still salty how they did Avery, 2006 was the last straw. But yea, I think I would love Crowder and I like dudes like DoJo. Y'all still got Roddy though who I have come to dislike more than anyone I like on there. Indifferent on the old *** Army rook, never seen him. Dirk is what he is, don't like Kaman on Brand, OJ I guess I could go either way on. I like Delonte though and Brandan Wright although he's a bust. I guess you;re right, I don't hate them as much as dudes like Brian Cardinal, Peja Stoikavic and the likes, but I don't like them much either. I'll be down there to catch a few games though, especially if we meet again in the postseason. Being there when James led that comeback in game 4 was epic. I had on the Westbrook jerz, everyone was looking at me like... before heading to the exits after that Westbrook steal then Ibaka dunk which tied it and I think the James Harden split and dunk gave us the lead, or vice versa
tumblr_lp0dikigXF1qhf3au.gif

2006 was the last straw? I didn't see you reppin the Thunder till they moved to OKC. >D :lol:

What was wrong with what they did with Avery?
As Sonics, absolutely not. The Hornets when they were here, went a few times but didn't really get into them near as much. They weren't near as good of guys off the court, didn't embrace the community as much, and weren't as much of a team as the Thunder were (best example watch video of CP3 winning his rookie of the yr, no teammates present, then find James Harden winning his 6MOTY and everybody except like 2 dudes is there), plus my money wasn't long like that at the time anyways although those tickets were WAY cheaper. But KD and JG were beasts since college, still remember the infamous JG travel game winner in the tournament and the first time KD ever played against NBA players as a member of the select team and was cooking Shane Battier of all people. But again, won't even pretend I was messing with the Sonics like that. Remember Wilcox used to dunk everything back then, sucked balls by the time they got here.

But with Avery, I felt like he was made the scapegoat for that epic choke and fired. Then Carlisle came in, got a much longer leash to make more mistakes (like 1st rd exits) and was allowed to continue to live through'em. It ain't Avery's fault for one Cuban made Stern hate the Mavs, and secondly that Mavs team was allergic to the paint. They'd make them a lot of times, but dudes would be on a 3 on 1 break and shoot a 19 foot jumper. I guess it was his fault he didn't give Quis a look in the finals until it was too late in game 6,

My favorite players during that era though was Johnny Newman, Greg Buckner when he was healthy and prior to the pussification of the league which made him useless, Adrian Griffin locking up primetime perimeter players for 3 quarters, Walt Wizard especially in that Sactown series, NVE, had this white dude from Auburn named Adam Harrington who was doing between the leg dunks in warmups, and Quis of course when he had that epic run of near triple doubles as a starter that got him that big contract when him and Josh Howard used to look alike, both wearing the headbands and forcing Nelly to give them minutes with their play; the 82 pt half in the playoffs, Finley and the power jump stop dunk on fools, the failed Rig'a'DOH! experiment, Devin Harris being better than Nash, those were good times.

DeAndre Jordan's pick and roll defense. I swear he lost them 3 or 4 games last yr the same way, not knowing whether to fully commit to the switch or to get back and just falling back while the guard hits the J

But I rep that blue and orange now

Came through LA and left that kitchen smoking.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

..when Kyrie and Dion both share the PG/SG position - it opens up the floor for both to knock down open jumpers.

Byron Scott looking like a genius right now lol :smokin

Damn, Blake's offensive game was never stellar, but it looks even worse now :x

Homie has no game and if it isn't a dunk has no clue what to do..

League pass is a life saver on the sick day off work, Saw Sheed and the Knicks whale on the Sixer's. The Net's have the worst 4th quarter ball movement I've seen in a bit.
The Grizz looked really good, man Marc is a beast, and then that Cav's backcourt. Damn those boy's can shoot, I wouldn't want to seem them on a cold shooting night though?
Waiters looks about the same size as Kyrie, did he play the two in college?

Yeah blake looked bad...very bad. You can tell its frustrating CP3 man. Blake and Dre' have NO moves down low. I just don't understand how thats possible. smh

But with Avery, I felt like he was made the scapegoat for that epic choke and fired. Then Carlisle came in, got a much longer leash to make more mistakes (like 1st rd exits) and was allowed to continue to live through'em. It ain't Avery's fault for one Cuban made Stern hate the Mavs, and secondly that Mavs team was allergic to the paint. They'd make them a lot of times, but dudes would be on a 3 on 1 break and shoot a 19 foot jumper. I guess it was his fault he didn't give Quis a look in the finals until it was too late in game 6,

Epic choke? 2006 you mean? Blame goes across the board, but not playing Marquis a lot more definitely hurt. 2007, that wasn't a choke, they just had our number. Avery lead the team to two first-round exist after going to the Finals when they thought they were in contention to win it those years.

Most importantly, Jason Kidd wasn't thrilled with Avery Johnson, who didn't let Kidd do what he wanted. Jason Kidd was hindered by Avery Johnson. What happens when Rick gets there? Hands him the keys to the offense, and in their third year together, they win the championship. The Mavs were only eliminated once in the first round before winning the championship under Carlisle. I don't see how that is exactly giving him a longer leash.

The guys didn't like Avery all that much, and he didn't get them to play that much defense. Rick Carlisle brought a different philosophy on both ends of the floor. Avery was a control freak.

I had no problem with letting Avery go. It was time.

Greg Buckner? Walt Williams? Adrian fricking Griffin? Come on man...

Damn, Blake's offensive game was never stellar, but it looks even worse now :x

Homie has no game and if it isn't a dunk has no clue what to do..

been saying this...

son is a bum, he flops on rebounds too :x what a freakin joke, play the game you bum stop flopping.

Epic choke? 2006 you mean? Blame goes across the board, but not playing Marquis a lot more definitely hurt. 2007, that wasn't a choke, they just had our number. Avery lead the team to two first-round exist after going to the Finals when they thought they were in contention to win it those years.

Most importantly, Jason Kidd wasn't thrilled with Avery Johnson, who didn't let Kidd do what he wanted. Jason Kidd was hindered by Avery Johnson. What happens when Rick gets there? Hands him the keys to the offense, and in their third year together, they win the championship. The Mavs were only eliminated once in the first round before winning the championship under Carlisle. I don't see how that is exactly giving him a longer leash.

The guys didn't like Avery all that much, and he didn't get them to play that much defense. Rick Carlisle brought a different philosophy on both ends of the floor. Avery was a control freak.

You don't like defense? Buckner and Griffin used to straight lock dudes up, I remember Nelly putting Buckner who is maybe 6'4 on Chris Webber. Walt was funny because he had been strictly a spot up shooter his whole basketball life as 2 guard then we get him, and Nelly makes him a 4 so he's taking bigger guys off the dribble and dunking on them. He even dunked on Desmond Mason... backwards. Plus him and Raja used to always try to fight everybody. How bout Pops then? I maintain he could play in the league right now and get a double double, tomorrow, for any team. What about when Stackhouse got dunked on by McLeod and then kicked his *** in the tunnel in front of his wife after the game and Kris Humphries was with McLeod and was scared to intervene, and McLeod got on the bus all bloodied and didn't say **** to Sloan. I was at the game one time when Tony Parker hit a game winning floater over Dirk and Bradley, who proceeded to bump into each and fall down trying to block it, But it's whatever. That's the past.

The future
kmart_crop_650.jpg

Last edited:

You don't like defense? Buckner and Griffin used to straight lock dudes up, I remember Nelly putting Buckner who is maybe 6'4 on Chris Webber. Walt was funny because he had been strictly a spot up shooter his whole basketball life as 2 guard then we get him, and Nelly makes him a 4 so he's taking bigger guys off the dribble and dunking on them. He even dunked on Desmond Mason... backwards. Plus him and Raja used to always try to fight everybody. How bout Pops then? I maintain he could play in the league right now and get a double double, tomorrow, for any team. What about when Stackhouse got dunked on by McLeod and then kicked his *** in the tunnel in front of his wife after the game and Kris Humphries was with McLeod and was scared to intervene, and McLeod got on the bus all bloodied and didn't say **** to Sloan. I was at the game one time when Tony Parker hit a game winning floater over Dirk and Bradley, who proceeded to bump into each and fall down trying to block it, But it's whatever. That's the past.

The future
kmart_crop_650.jpg

wunnit kirk Snyder that stack beat up

You had some dudes on here saying the Clippers might be the best west team this year on Friday
laugh.gif
That could still be a true statement. Especially key word being might. The west is wide open this year. One game doesn't change a damn thing for the Clippers. As soon as they get Chauncey back it'll stabalize them on both sides of the floor. Not to mention Grant Hill could add a bit more juice off the bench.

But yeah, Blake's post game has disappointed me thus far. He didn't have a terrible game like some make it out to be but he hasn't shown any promise of improvements. His footwork is decent though. What happened to his rebounding numbers??

Griffin and Buckner are one-dimensional players, I could care less how individual defenders are when the team doesn't play defense. Buckner and Griffin never lead us to tremendous Playoff wins. Raja Bell was cool because he played well on both ends. Young Raja was a G. Pops Mensah Bonsu had a little bit of game, but whenever he got the opportunity the stage was too big for him.

You want to talk about guys from the past that I enjoyed in a Mavericks uniform, talk about NVE, Nash, Dirk, Fin, Najera, Raja, young J-Ho, Quis, JET, etc.

Next thing you'll probably mention Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse... :smh:

Please stop.

What, it's okay for the Lakers fans to do it but not anyone else? :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom