Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN crew really spent that segment trying to analyze LeBron's lack of commercials like it's really worth discussing/debating.

WHY ARE THESE ****** SERIOUSLY DISCUSSING RAYMONE'S COMMERCIALS? **** boy just won his 4th MVP and they'd rather talk about endorsements like he's hurting for money.

NBA just needs to let TNT do all the games.

Last edited:
Melo chucking is common knowledge, Is Melo not getting superstar treatment common knowledge? Swear dude doesn't get a lot of calls

egz5tg.png

I love Magic as an old nba legend but how much is he getting paid to continuously stutter on tv (when kids are in school grinding in broadcasting/communication/speech classes to get a job like his)?

:smh:

No worries all those kids can work at one of Magic's Starbucks or movie theatres

Magic on ESPN = Shaq on TNT

You have to be a superstar to get superstar treatment.

My bad I though him being the face of one of the most popular franchises in NbA history,having the most popular nba jersey,leading the league in scoring and being pretty damn good made him a superstar.

My bad I though him being the face of one of the most popular franchises in NbA history,having the most popular nba jersey,leading the league in scoring and being pretty damn good made him a superstar.
Wrong.  You have to play at a superstar level to be a superstar.

Superstar is a term used to refer to a celebrity who has great popular appeal and is widely known, prominent or successful in some field. How is Melo not a Superstar?

He doesnt play like a superstar, ergo he is not one. I'm not taking anything else into account, because two of the things you said are simply a product of him being on the Knicks. He does not have superstar production whilst on the floor. Thats the end of the line. He could be the most popular player who ever lived, hes not superstar good.
James Harden is a superstar?
No. People use the term Superstar too loosely nowadays

He doesnt play like a superstar, ergo he is not one. I'm not taking anything else into account, because two of the things you said are simply a product of him being on the Knicks. He does not have superstar production whilst on the floor. Thats the end of the line. He could be the most popular player who ever lived, hes not superstar good.

Who in "YOUR" eyes, who is a NBA SUPERSTAR?

Superstar is a term used to refer to a celebrity who has great popular appeal and is widely known, prominent or successful in some field. How is Melo not a Superstar?
We're talking about basketball here. His celebrity status is not important. It should not be a part of the conversation.

Who in "YOUR" eyes, who is a NBA SUPERSTAR?
LeBron and Durant. Thats it, that is where the line ends.
@SportsCenter A stat to put rivals in context...Carmelo Anthony missed 18 shots TODAY. @KingJames missed 22 the ENTIRE 1st round. (via @jadande)
Damb
IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAY YOU AREEEE A SUPERSTARRRRRRRRR HAVE NO FEARRR.....

Last edited:
I'm a Knick fan since conception and even I'll tell you Melo is not a "superstar". But he is what he is, and he makes the Knicks better. That's all that matters to me.

Those are all stars. Those aren't all superstars

I'm looking at the entire picture. If guys like Dirk/Duncan aren't considered superstars in the league after ALL that they've accomplished (and are still contributing at a high level), then I dunno what to tell you.

What's the difference between a "superstar" moniker and "all-star" in looking at the players that I named?

What the hell has cp3 done that Melo hasn't? Melo has lead his team to the playoffs every single year he's been in the league.

This is coming from a bitter Celtics homer...there might be questions about Carmelo Anthony's efficiency, but that's really a product of how often the team has switched to isolation offense for no apparent reason. His "non-superstar" performances put them up 3-0 in the first round this year.

Anyone who tells you he doesn't fit the requirements to be labeled a superstar is huffing paint.
laugh.gif

Those are all stars. Those aren't all superstars
all those guys could take a lottery bound team to a playoffs . (may be with exception to rondo ) i would put dwight on thier as honorable mention due to his last few seasons in orlando 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom