Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it Miami you ************* are pissing me off. Quit throwing up stupid threes and play your game

I think what happened was the traditional way positions were thought of has changed. There has been a shift in what players can do at a particular position. A center in the traditional sense of the word is pretty much obsolete now. Players rely on their athletic ability rather than fundamentals and develop their game from that (i.e. Dwight Howard). I might not be expressing it correctly now, but lack of focus on certain fundamentals for players as a whole is lacking. College basketball sucks because of this. I see what you're saying though, it still boggles my mind how versatile Lebon is and he's basically a Karl Malone body type with the skills of Magic, **** is crazy. Being really athletic doesn't mean you are going to be skilled though.

Thinking about it, Lebron, Kevin Love, and Carmelo are outliers. There aren't a bunch of them walking around.
there is a ton of 6'8 6'9 6'10 guys that can shoot pass handle the ball...pretty much every decent to good, great team has atleast one player. Its just that the dirks, the durants, etc...are so so good/great at it... that the decent players who have these skills...ala a prime odom etc... get overlooked. or a josh smith, hell a granger etc... being able to physically dominate a person isnt a skill...nor does it require a special talent etc...

If you notice once the drag down knock out bully ball era of the nba ended...most of the perrenial pf/c who played in that era... pretty much turned into scrappy players, garbage men, and journey men. They one attribute that was basically bulldozing/elbowing, physically dominating the opposition was outlawed...and the had to play with a skillset...those players pretty much turned into bench riders....either that or they developed and refined their game to become more skilled players...like barkley did, malone did, ewing did.

A player like a mcgee or a birdman would be starting allstars in that era...whereas in this era...due to their lack of overall skill and versatility... are journeymen and scrappy players at best. Do you honestly think a player of a john salley status could even score..defend be a starting allstar in the current era of the nba. I can only imagine, a larry nance trying to play perimeter defense on the likes of a kg, a aldridge....in todays game. They would be at a HUGE disadvantage because one...they never played against players like that, two they would actually have to use defensive skillsets to defend these players. They couldnt gut/hip check them.. catch them with a accidental (on purpose) clothesline. They couldnt plow a dude over to get around screens to defend the pick and roll.

I seriously dont think terry cummings or the likes of a kevin duckworth would have any shot (in todays nba) to defend a durant, a aldridge, a dirk so on and so forth in a cleared out iso. Whereas in their respective era... they where held as all defense 1st team defenders.

west has been absolute trash
mean.gif
why did they give him the ball..
He was 11-16 for 26 points before that, what are you talking about?

I'm having all kinds of mixed emotions going from happy to sad to mad to crying to ******** bricks wtf man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom