Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only people I want to become Super Saiyan are Bron and Wade.

I don't even care who goes off lol, just want Miami to win to see the ways people try and discredit it. "They only won because of ______, not because of LeBron" as if it changes the fact of whether they win or not

I don't even care who goes off lol, just want Miami to win to see the ways people try and discredit it. "They only won because of ______, not because of LeBron" as if it changes the fact of whether they win or not

People gonna say the same ol thing: refs, rigged, stern.

My dad hates the fact that its referred to as a world championship for that reason.

it is considered a world championship but technically it is not. when the dream team or team usa plays the other teams, they have the best players in the US, all allstars, all great players, but just like all national teams they only come together once a year or so.. i wonder how it would go, if the miami heat would play a top team, it would be a good game!

Congrats for being in the company of Chael Sonnen.

The same chael sonnen who went on to say it's not a world championship because it's only played in the US, when the nba is clearly the best league in the world.

My dad hates the fact that its referred to as a world championship for that reason.

It implies there are other leagues as competitive as the nba. Which isn't the case. Olympiakos probably getting ran off the court by a majority of nba teams. This is the best basketball league in the world, hands down. And it's not like the nba is American born players only. It's the best players in the world, hence world champs.

Pop truly is the best, as the Boston Herald reveals: “The Spurs coach isn’t disputing any of Bill Russell’s titles, and he isn’t saying the Lakers actually beat the Celts in 2008. But he is a bit perturbed by the use of the word ‘world.’ ‘There are no world champions in the NBA, so anybody that has the flag up that says world champions is not correct,’ said Popovich prior to last night’s 94-73 Spurs win. ‘It’s not appropriate. The world champions, I believe, are the Spanish team right now. USA is the Olympic champion. The Lakers are the NBA champion. It doesn’t make sense for an NBA team to call themselves world champions. I don’t remember anybody playing anybody outside our borders to get that tag. Isn’t that true? I keep waiting for somebody to tell me I’ve missed something.’ When someone mentioned Toronto, Pop said, ‘There’s a team in Canada. That’s true. The world’s bigger than North America. I know sometimes we as arrogant Americans don’t respond to the rest of the world, but it’s true. There’s a big world out there.’”

Last edited:
It didn't hit me how amazing this series has been until I saw the commercial on ESPN showing clips from each game of this series leading up to Game 7. Every single game had its own story, and so far this is one of the best Finals I've ever seen. With all that said, I just feel like the Heat are gonna blow out the Spurs tonight. That was one of the most devastating losses in recent memory, and the Heat should have all the confidence in the world now. Duncan gave every ounce of himself in that game, Parker was gassed and they seemed to find a way to finally hold down Green and Neal. For the Spurs to win tonight they're going to need Duncan and Parker to play average atleast, Green and Neal need to hit a few 3's each and Manu has to have a huge game like in Game 5.

Yep I know they have a set salary but I always thought they got more for playoff series,allstars,ot,etc

That game was like watching Hoosiers or some other predictable sports movie you already know the outcome

Too phoney
funny, i felt the same thing watching the bulls in the 90s

:lol: Stern

NBA ready to veto any Rivers deal

Stern told ESPN Radio in New York that the league would not approve that arrangement because Rivers’ inclusion violates the collective bargaining agreement and that the multiple trade scenarios are an obvious circumvention of league rules.

“The teams are aware that the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t authorize trades involving coaches’ contracts.”

“If you think those, at this point — having been all over the media for the last week — are separate transactions … I have a bridge that I would very much enjoy selling to you,” Stern said.

In a separate ESPN radio interview, Stern repeated that the NBA was aware of the possible end-around plans and ready to act if a final proposal involving multiple trades came to fruition.

“I would say that if we know that what the parties really want to do is one [trade and] they are going to break into two [trades] for purposes of trying to avoid the restrictions that the collective bargaining agreement places on it, we know how to deal with that as well,” he said.

Dude jut wants out of sac... But if they try to keep him he can goof n be paid

Here you stayed

There you still suck.
I'm sure you don't understand, but honestly I really don't care how bad we do this year. I'm sure you being a fan of such an amazing organization won't ever experience what Kings fans have went thru the last 2-3 years, how having the maloofs as owners and the threat if relocation looming over your head for years feels.

Tell me what my mindset was just 6 months ago bro :lol:

Or in the words of the idiot who made that Lebron thread, "you're not like me, you're just an average general fan of the NBA who doesn't understand what it means to be a fan of a team" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note, a few weeks ago I had put a 5% chance on the Kings having a sellout season.

I am now raising the percentage to 33% :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom