Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way if you wana talk about business decision. KG talking smack about ray can be seen in that light.all it does is make him look better in Boston. They love that type of stuff

Kg getting that jersey retired. So is pierce. Who gonna retire ray's jersey?

Well, this is the same KG that would NOT go to Boston until Ray landed there.

I don't see an ego with Ray, either. He is a HOF'er who played 3rd and then 4th fiddle on contending teams and acted like a professional until he was a FA. Pretty well documented that Rondo is the little weird dude with the ego, but he's too good (and young) to part ways with.

There is nuthing female about what the celtics are doing now. Ray Allen is the female. Talking about he wanted to be in Miami for 3 years now. All you AAU type guys in here are shameful.
Business decision lol. When it's for less money it ain't business.
Dudes want everyone holding hands and being BFF's. F outa here. Mr clean had a giant ego and wanted to stick it to the celts. There is nothing noble about going to the heat to ring chase
There's way more that goes into a decision like that than just business.

- Ray was put on the tradeblock numerous times by the celtics (they really pushed to trade him before the deadline)

- They gave his starting spot to a young guy (not disagreeing with this move, just stating the facts)

- It is well-known that him and Rondo had a rift

- Florida has no income tax

- Heat have a much greater chance of winning a couple championships in the next 2 years before Ray retires

Those are all the more obvious reasons he chose MIA.  Ray is one of the most professional people in the NBA, so I don't think he wanted to stick it to the celts. I also don't think it matters to him whether you consider his decision noble or not. He's in a better place now.

There is nuthing female about what the celtics are doing now. Ray Allen is the female. Talking about he wanted to be in Miami for 3 years now. All you AAU type guys in here are shameful.

Business decision lol. When it's for less money it ain't business.

Dudes want everyone holding hands and being BFF's. F outa here. Mr clean had a giant ego and wanted to stick it to the celts. There is nothing noble about going to the heat to ring chase

enlarged, bloded & qft

They actually did trade him and told him. But then Indiana pulled out of the trade last minute after he had already been told he was traded for OJ Mayo in a 3 way deal.

1. boston is NOT going to retire KG number and even if you think they will. u think if Ray signs back up with boston for 2 years that would get his jersey up there?

and everyone crying about ray leaving was is it ok when boston wanted to trade him 2-3 different times

1. boston is NOT going to retire KG number and even if you think they will. u think if Ray signs back up with boston for 2 years that would get his jersey up there?

and everyone crying about ray leaving was is it ok when boston wanted to trade him 2-3 different times

Boston WILL retire his jersey, just watch.

Pierce is a given even if he never won a ring, hes arguably one of the greatest celtics ever and hes not finished yet. I hope he can win another ring this season since they got a stacked team but with the Heat and Lakers, its gonna be difficult.

Hey ray is aloud to go wherever he wants. But don't get upset about consequences. Every time someone speaks their mind someone gotta say they are a "hater" or "butt hurt". I understand where Garnett is coming from.

Last edited:
Boston WILL retire his jersey, just watch.
Boston gonna have to go to three-digit numbers pretty soon.
grin.gif

naw Allen is the female for leaving. you dont go to the enemy. if he left for any other team i doubt the Celtic players would have gave a damn

enemy?

this "rivalry" just started in the last 2 years :lol:

Celtics and their fans on some female status :lol:

Heat stood in the way of the Celtics going to the finals, heated games the last 2 seasons. top two teams in the east, i call them an enemy and i wouldnt allow a teammate to join them either. just disgusting, a team you want to beat badly and you go and join them? SMH

naw Allen is the female for leaving. you dont go to the enemy. if he left for any other team i doubt the Celtic players would have gave a damn

enemy?

And also the fact that they tried trading him multiple times, including in the middle of the season last year. So at that point in your career, what do you do, go to the Wizards or Kings :lol: ? Petty dudes gon' be petty.

Would you guys be mad at the Celtics had they traded Ray to Sacramento in 2010 or Memphis this past March?

enemy?

And also the fact that they tried trading him multiple times, including in the middle of the season last year. So at that point in your career, what do you do, go to the Wizards or Kings :lol: ? Petty dudes gon' be petty.

there was 28 other teams to go to, screw the heat. period.

Would you guys be mad at the Celtics had they traded Ray to Sacramento in 2010 or Memphis this past March?
Nope.  As a player has every right to play where he wants, a team has the right to execute the trade that they want.  Professionals understand that it is a business.

Kevin Garnett is going to get his jersey retired in Boston, no doubt. I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

enemy?

there was 28 other teams to go to, screw the heat. period.

And at this stage of his career, he'd want to finish out on a contender, which would leave what, 7-8 teams?

Last edited:
Said General Manager Chris Wallace: "On paper, in my sixth season, I think we've got more talent across the board and more depth than in any other season."

He already seems to have answered questions about his condition — he looks slim and spry on the court. He again worked out with University of Memphis strength and conditioning coach Frank Matrisciano most of this summer. In short, Randolph appears to be in excellent physical shape, much like last year, before former teammate O.J. Mayo inadvertently rolled into his knee last December in Chicago.

Perhaps the only other issue for Randolph has to do with constant questions about whether he can play with small forward Rudy Gay.

"I don't understand where that comes from," Randolph said. "Me and Rudy play well together. Before he got hurt a couple of years ago we were winning. Me, Coach and Rudy used to laugh when people said that. We complement each other very well."

That's all I needed to hear. Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >:

:lol: at dubA calling ray a female... dude, you still butt hurt about lebron not going to the knicks..

Yeah KG is getting his jersey retired in the Garden.

Dude was on and is a big part of the reason C's got another banner raised after 22 years of not being relevant in the league.

Last edited:
[quote name="MR J 858" compliment 7195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread-media-day-pics-joker-voice-and-here-we-go/760_20#post_16374703"]Yeah KG is getting his jersey retired in the Garden.
Dude was on and is a big part of the reason C's got another banner raised after 22 years of not being relevant in the league.[/quote]
Top notch back handed compliment.

[quote name="MR J 858" compliment 7195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread-media-day-pics-joker-voice-and-here-we-go/760_20#post_16374703"]Yeah KG is getting his jersey retired in the Garden.
Dude was on and is a big part of the reason C's got another banner raised after 22 years of not being relevant in the league.
Top notch back handed compliment.[/quote]

Yes, agreed.

I can see why Boston fans are upset... At the same time, with Ray being on the trading block the last couple seasons & losing PT to younger players I can see why he made the move too.

Its his best shot to win a ring there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom