Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this **** contagious or something? Dwight signing a 1 year deal? :lol:

Big picture gents.

Oh, I know. The Dwight thing is a 5-6,7 year era. I was responding to this re: Kobe/2 seasons

If he wants a chip he might as well

But, who is it in 2-3 years though? I don't doubt the Lakers often but I'm more skeptical this time around. LeBron, unlikely. CP3, unlikely. KD, Wade, Rose, Melo, Russ, Griffin, Harden, Parker, Kyrie - no. I guess Kevin Love is logical on the surface but other than that I'm just not seeing another guy who matters moving around in 2-3 years.

Kobe was good enough in his prime to elevate a Pau/Odom trio to the top. I don't see giving Dwight a guy like Kevin Love and other parts doing the same. Lakers got Magic - set for 12 years. Unfortunate down time, then had Shaq in the cross hairs - set for 8 years. Steal Kobe and he pans out - set for an additional 9 years on top of Shaq. The Lakers make things work but they bridged the gap 3 times with 3 of the 10 greatest players of all time.

Last edited:
Very true. Having the best Center is the start.

Pau deal was unlikely too. But it happened.

Mitch always finds a way.

Shaq was in LA 4 years before he was winning titles, Dwight been playin for us for 4 months. People gotta chill. LA knows what they're doin and will never stop tryin.

Key tho is, Dwight has to be healthy. If he can get Hedo/Lewis/Peaches to the finals, we can get better parts than those for him.

Last edited:
No you weren't

Knicks finished with a record of 36-30

From Feb 4-29 he lead the knicks to a 10-3 record

If knicks lost 5-6 more games that season Bucks would have snuck in.

What happened in March? We had a six game losing streak. You can post up the Feb numbers if you want to when he had his nice little run but it ended. We can argue back and forth. If Lin was so good, why didn't we pay him?

Our team really changed when we got rid of that moron Mike D'Antoni. So slurp Lin all you want, your idol is a fraud B
Lol why you mad?

March when melo came back and ****** up the chemistry of the team?

Like I said, Knicks lose 5-6 games, they don't make the playoffs. Lin had his hand on more than 5-6 wins.

Who says he's my idol?

Chill b. Just trying to discuss basketball.

Shaq was in LA 4 years before he was winning titles, Dwight been playin for us for 4 months. People gotta chill. LA knows what they're doin and will never stop tryin.

Knowing what your doing and never stopping to try is two different things champ.  As it currently stands the Lakers have a coach that doesn't know how to work with his center, and a center that doesn't want to work for his coach or more importantly his system.  Not exactly a winning recipe or an indication that tells me "LA knows what they're doing".  Also, the leader/best player on the team doesn't want to give up the keys to the Lakers future to a guy that he deems isn't serious about winning and doesn't have the drive to help carry on the Lakers legendary tradition.  All signs currently point to a dead end champ.

Very true. Having the best Center is the start.

Pau deal was unlikely too. But it happened.

Mitch always finds a way.

Key tho is, Dwight has to be healthy. If he can get Hedo/Lewis/Peaches to the finals, we can get better parts than those for him.
He did that in a weak *** EC, though. He's not getting a squad like that past OKC or even the Clips as long as CP3 is there over the next 5 years. 

whos to say that CP3 wouldnt have got the Steve Nash treatment had he went to LA?

Its a shame how they did that man

Knowing what your doing and never stopping to try is two different things champ.  As it currently stands the Lakers have a coach that doesn't know how to work with his center, and a center that doesn't want to work for his coach or more importantly his system.  Not exactly a winning recipe or an indication that tells me "LA knows what they're doing".  Also, the leader/best player on the team doesn't want to give up the keys to the Lakers future to a guy that he deems isn't serious about winning and doesn't have the drive to help carry on the Lakers legendary tradition.  All signs currently point to a dead end champ.

Well I guess we shouldn't have given D'Antoni that lifetime contract then huh?

Oh, we didn't.

Can you guys please try to look further along than five minutes? Could you do that?

I guess we cleared our cap space all the way down to 1 single contract so D'Antoni and Dwight could just be by themselves in 16 months. We won't add anyone else, ever. Just Mike and Dwight. :lol: Cuz that's all I see here now, we can't look ahead.

Guess we all thought the Heat were dead and gone forever in 2008, everyone knew they would never be good again, ever.

Jesus. :lol:

Kyrie is a straight G.
Only reason I want kyrie to leave is to come to the lakers.
I can see if Cavs mess up again and not getting him help he will leave.

Last edited:
Well I guess we shouldn't have given D'Antoni that lifetime contract then huh?

Oh, we didn't.

Can you guys please try to look further along than five minutes? Could you do that?
Notice I said CURRENTLY.  Believe it or not I'm actually on the Lakers side on this one, but when you got a coach that clearly doesn't have a system thats working currently with a big contract in hand while STILL paying a coach that is no longer coaching your team along with a prime player that hasn't committed past this year and who doesn't like his role for the Lakers that's nothing but bad news.

Edit--The bottomline is your best player doesn't have forever and a day to wait to get things right.  He wants to win and he wants to win now. 

Last edited:
If the Wolves don't include Roy's $5 million salary slot in a deal, expect the two sides to reach a resolution about his contract and retirement. Either way, it's unlikely he plays again. "If he does play, it'll be a pleasant surprise," Adelman said. "I don't expect it at this point."

What happened in March? We had a six game losing streak. You can post up the Feb numbers if you want to when he had his nice little run but it ended. We can argue back and forth. If Lin was so good, why didn't we pay him?

Our team really changed when we got rid of that moron Mike D'Antoni. So slurp Lin all you want, your idol is a fraud B

says lin is a fraud.

mad because he didn't suit up for playoffs.

your team didn't want to pay him because of that damn poison pill loophole the rockets found. don't act like knicks weren't going to match that contract if it wasn't for that stipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom