• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the current playoff format is fine, it encourages rivalries in away that 1-16 seeding doesn't.

Not dis-agreeing with you but.........This is an opportunity to create new rivalries. Evolution like what was stated above. It still keeps 8 from each conference, Just re-seeds 1-16 after that. I would LOVE this:

(1) Houston Rockets versus (16) Miami HEAT

(2) Golden State Warriors versus (15) New Orleans Pelicans

(3) Toronto Raptors versus (14) Philadelphia 76ers

(4) Boston Celtics versus (13) Portland Trail Blazers

(5) Cleveland Cavaliers versus (12) Denver Nuggets

(6) San Antonio Spurs versus (11) Oklahoma City Thunder

(7) Minnesota Timberwolves versus (10) Milwaukee Bucks

(8) Washington Wizards versus (9) Indiana Pacers

Is the East really comically bad this year? I don't see it. Golden State and Houston are obviously great, but Clevleand, Toronto, and Boston are better teams than anyone else in the West. The Denver/Portland/Clipper types are no better than the Bucks/Sixers/Heat. Both conferences have equally crappy teams at the bottom.

One of the hosts on 710 ESPN LA said he ordered Lonzo shoes at launch and never got them :rofl:

Dude scamming people for $500 or whatever :rofl: :smh:

A Rockets-Wizards second-round matchup would be amazing.
Gstate-Bucks
Boston-Cleveland

All in SECOND round!!!!

Whew....WE need it Silver

Is the East really comically bad this year? I don't see it. Golden State and Houston are obviously great, but Clevleand, Toronto, and Boston are better teams than anyone else in the West. The Denver/Portland/Clipper types are no better than the Bucks/Sixers/Heat. Both conferences have equally crappy teams at the bottom.

Denver, Portland, San Antonio are better than the Bucks/Sixers/Heat. Cmon man :lol:.

The East got better this year...but they’ve consistently been the clearer weaker conference for almost the last 20 years. That’s ridiculous.

Casuals running on old narratives. There are dudes in this thread who make it painfully obvious they don't know what they're talking about who constantly repeat the West > East narrative.

Remember this past summer dudes were acting like the Eastern All Stars would be SOOOOOO poor because of dudes like Jimmy butler, Millsap, etc. going west.

This is true. Percentage wise, 4-8 in both the eastern and western conference are comparable and even with the eye test, maybe OKc is better than team in that grouping but they are comparable in team talent also. It’s not as if the 8th place western team has 50 wins and the east is 30 something etc

Also from the NBA standpoint, ratings wise I think they’d rather have it be guarantees(or highly guaranteed) to have the west be Houston- GS western finals and Cavs vs the winner NBA finals. I don’t think a situation where you have the cavs playing the warriors in the second round and then a team like the bucks sneaks into the finals( it’s just a hypothetical) would be ideal for NBA ratings

Denver, Portland, San Antonio are better than the Bucks/Sixers/Heat. Cmon man :lol:.

The East got better this year...but they’ve consistently been the clearer weaker conference for almost the last 20 years. That’s ridiculous.
Why are you bringing up the Spurs :lol:

The only way Lebron is going to the west is if he joins one of the super stacked teams(GS or Houston), otherwise he staying in the weak east to guarantee a finals trip every year.

By the idiotic rhetoric in here, shouldn't LeBron actually go to the West, so if he does in-fact lose to the Warriors (or whoever), it won't make his finals record worse?

League sources told Sporting News this week that the Suns are expected to be suitors for Gordon, who starred at Arizona for one memorable season. Phoenix has ample cap room and a roster in need of more proven players.

– via Sporting News

Another team with interest in Gordon, according to sources, would be the rebuilding Mavericks, who have been eager to find a budding star to fill in alongside Harrison Barnes and Dennis Smith Jr., softening the blow of Dirk Nowitzki’s retirement, which could come in just months.

– via Sporting News

Will Magic Match????

I figured you were jumbling in those 3-9 type teams in the west. Cuz Denver, Portland, Minny, Okc etc are separated by like 1.5 games in the loss column...and they could finish either way

See above. And relax.
I honestly don’t see much of a difference in talent from 4-8 between both conferences

The 3, 5, and 6 seeds in the East have a better record than the 3, 5, and 6 seeds in the West. The West 4 seed is ahead of the East 4 seed by 1 game. The 7 seed in the West is ahead of the 7 seed in the East by 0.5 games. The West 8 seed is ahead of the East 8 seed by 1.5 games. I don't see the issue here.

The 3, 5, and 6 seeds in the East have a better record than the 3, 5, and 6 seeds in the West. The West 4 seed is ahead of the East 4 seed by 1 game. The 7 seed in the West is ahead of the 7 seed in the East by 0.5 games. The West 8 seed is ahead of the East 8 seed by 1.5 games. I don't see the issue here.

It's a huge overreaction like when everyone wanted the intentional foul rule changed.

League sources told Sporting News this week that the Suns are expected to be suitors for Gordon, who starred at Arizona for one memorable season. Phoenix has ample cap room and a roster in need of more proven players.

– via Sporting News

Another team with interest in Gordon, according to sources, would be the rebuilding Mavericks, who have been eager to find a budding star to fill in alongside Harrison Barnes and Dennis Smith Jr., softening the blow of Dirk Nowitzki’s retirement, which could come in just months.

– via Sporting News

Will Magic Match????

Probably not since they just drafted Deacon Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom