OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
They said he’s in between Gobert and WCS. WCS has been pretty good the last two months. Not sure how Bamba becomes a bust unless people believe he needs the ball on offense
This is basically my stance on him. He's going to be a really good rim protector and roll man, and has shown he is comfortable taking jumpers, even though they aren't really falling. He isn't the type of player that you'll ever be force-feeding the ball to, but I can't really see how he won't be a very useful player in the league.

I can potentially see Mo being Clint Capela on offence is he has decent feel for the game and IQ, MAYBE Clint with a jumper, which is quite scary for a team like the Celtics.

Last edited:
After chucking the past two games, watching him play against Kansas was mind blowing. The kid is as special as they come, and listen to his post game interview after, kid wants to do better

Next is a matchup vs Sexton who is coming off injury...

Kid is special man. Probably his most complete game this year.

Also...are we ready to talk about Brady Manek’ s pro potential :nerd:

Literally chose to play more efficient and did it with ease against a top 10 Kansas

Of course it's not as easy as that but he's more than proved what he's capable of now and also shown his scary potential

I'm interested in this sexton matchup

I would have loved to seen porter this year I'm by no means ruling him out

Ayton is improving his defense

I think it's between them 3

Bamba has the highest floor

As I’ve been saying the past few weeks, anybody who thinks there is a better prospect than this kid is fooling themselves.
I like him a lot, and think he's going to have a lot of success at the next level, but I don't think he's the best prospect by some kind of landslide. He turns the ball over a ton and is going to be an awful defender. Ayton could potentially be an elite all-around big. Both could end up being multi-time all-stars.

Ayton is a five where your most important responsibility in the modern NBA is defending the rim and he hasn't really shown much ability in being able to do that. I just don't really care that much for fives who thrive with their back to the basket which is what it seems Ayton excells at. Also when I watch Ayton, he's super effective but there is just something there that looks slightly uncoordinated to me. I just don't see that natural fluidity that guys like Towns, Porzingis or AD have.

He's still probably a really great prospect but to me his best aspect his just his physical stature.

The turnovers mean nothing to me with Trae, he has the ball all-game, as he gets up another level, and has other playmakers around him that will come down. He might no be CP3 but he isn't Westbrook either.

There's three positions in the NBA now. Ball-handlers, wings, and bigs. Ball-handlers can be crappy defenders if they are all-world offensive players. And I'm 100% confident Trae is going to be an all-world offensive player at the next level. The last kid I saw who was this good as a guard as a freshman was Kyrie and this kid is an even better shooter and passer.

I get passing on Trae if your certain teams who just drafted a PG but even then I would consider taking him. Even think he could work on the Kings cause Fox should be able to guard wings serviceably as he fills out.

For ayton to really become that unicorn he's gonna have to develop range

Which is actually feasible. His face up game is rounding out nicely

His coordination is weird looking since he barely started playing however I believe his footwork and instincts offensively are exceptional

The turnovers mean nothing to me with Trae, he has the ball all-game, as he gets up another level, and has other playmakers around him that will come down. He might no be CP3 but he isn't Westbrook either.

There's three positions in the NBA now. Ball-handlers, wings, and bigs. Ball-handlers can be crappy defenders if they are all-world offensive players. And I'm 100% confident Trae is going to be an all-world offensive player at the next level. The last kid I saw who was this good as a guard as a freshman was Kyrie and this kid is an even better shooter and passer.

I get passing on Trae if your certain teams who just drafted a PG but even then I would consider taking him. Even think he could work on the Kings cause Fox should be able to guard wings serviceably as he fills out.

This guy gets it :pimp:

Better shooter than Kyrie? No.

I wish Kyrie attempted 18 3s a game on Duke or 38 shots in a game at Duke. The green light this kid has is ridiculous. Plus his handle is no where near as good as the elite players he's compared to. The best prospect comments need to be simmered down a bit.

Sam is on a crusade lol

Your consistency is acknowledged

I don't think Irving is known as a shooter tbh is he? Youngs shooting ability makes his handle and wiggle that much more lethal

newest ESPN Insider mock

1. Luka Doncic (=)
2. Deandre Ayton (+1)
3. Mohamed Bamba (+2)
4. Marvin Bagley III (-2)
5. Jaren Jackson (+2)
6. Michael Porter Jr. (-2)
7. Trae Young (+10)
8. Wendell Carter Jr. (+8)
9. Miles Bridges (-1)
10. Collin Sexton (-1)
11. Mikal Bridges (+1)
12. Kevin Knox (-2)
13. Robert Williams (-7)
14. Troy Brown (+4)
15. Dzanan Musa (-4)
16. Chandler Hutchison (+26)
17. Daniel Gafford (Not ranked)
18. Lonnie Walker IV (-4)
19. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Not ranked)
20. Bruce Brown (-5)
21. Khyri Thomas (+7)
22. Trevon Duval (-9)
23. Anfernee Simons (-4)
24. Shake Milton (-3)
25. Mitchell Robinson (-1)
26. De'Anthony Melton (-1)
27. Keita Bates-Diop (+29)
28. Hamidou Diallo (-8)
29. Melvin Frazier (Not ranked)
30. Landry Shamet (Not ranked)
31. Brandon McCoy (-1)
32. Rodions Kurucs (=)
33. Jalen Hudson (=)
34. Jevon Carter (+24)
35. Grayson Allen (-12)
36. Chimezie Metu (-9)
37. Devonte' Graham (+1)
38. Jacob Evans (+5)
39. Aaron Holiday (-8)
40. Kevin Hervey (Not ranked)
41. Rawle Alkins (+12)
42. Jalen Brunson (Not ranked)
43. Arnoldas Kulboka (-7)
44. Bonzie Colson (-5)
45. Allonzo Trier (=)
46. Amine Noua (Not ranked)
47. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (-1)
48. Vincent Edwards (+1)
49. Ethan Happ (-1)
50. Alize Johnson (-9)
51. Ray Spalding (-4)
52. Moritz Wagner (-2)
53. Matur Maker (Not ranked)
54. Isaac Haas (+1)
55. Karim Jallow (+4)
56. Maximo Fjellerup (+4)

97zte8wh2kc01.jpg

newest ESPN Insider mock

1. Luka Doncic (=)
2. Deandre Ayton (+1)
3. Mohamed Bamba (+2)
4. Marvin Bagley III (-2)
5. Jaren Jackson (+2)
6. Michael Porter Jr. (-2)
7. Trae Young (+10)
8. Wendell Carter Jr. (+8)
9. Miles Bridges (-1)
10. Collin Sexton (-1)
11. Mikal Bridges (+1)
12. Kevin Knox (-2)
13. Robert Williams (-7)
14. Troy Brown (+4)
15. Dzanan Musa (-4)
16. Chandler Hutchison (+26)
17. Daniel Gafford (Not ranked)
18. Lonnie Walker IV (-4)
19. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Not ranked)
20. Bruce Brown (-5)
21. Khyri Thomas (+7)
22. Trevon Duval (-9)
23. Anfernee Simons (-4)
24. Shake Milton (-3)
25. Mitchell Robinson (-1)
26. De'Anthony Melton (-1)
27. Keita Bates-Diop (+29)
28. Hamidou Diallo (-8)
29. Melvin Frazier (Not ranked)
30. Landry Shamet (Not ranked)
31. Brandon McCoy (-1)