OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zhaire’s defense, rebounding and athleticism will all translate. Shot isn’t broke. If he goes to a team with some playmakers around him which allows him time to improve his play with the ball in his hands he’ll be just fine.

One of my favorite kids in the draft. This is someone who wasn’t a top 150 recruit this time last year so his rise has been pretty amazing.

WRT Wendell, I think he has the highest floor in the draft and is the most sure thing

I cant see there being a scenario where Hawks dont draft Bagley. Got it like this....

1. Ayton
2. Luka
3. Bagley
4. JJJ
5. MPJ
6. Trae
7. Bamba
8. Wendell Carter

Why would the Mavs take MPJ over Bamba or Carter when they have Barnes already locked up for a couple years and Dirk in his last year.

Yeah...no way Bamba falls past the Mavs.

The Grizzlies are the most interesting scenarios, do they use this opportunity to trade their stars and rebuild?

i know that's your team but that's why i left that little tidbit in there at the end.

they traded tobias for ilyasova and jennings... then flipped ilyasova, dipo, sabonis pick for ibaka. then flipped ibaka for terrence ross...gave biyombo a horrible contract. traded payton for a bag of peanuts. they had mo harkless too and traded him for an 8th grader (2020 pick). then they fired vogel, hard to blame him as well.

who knows with that front office and management :lol: plus sexton is from georgia (i think), that's not too far from orlando, would probably be a fan favorite off the bat. i wouldn't rule it out if both trae/sexton are there. gotta see what both look like after all the draft workouts too though
:smh:

Why would the Mavs take MPJ over Bamba or Carter when they have Barnes already locked up for a couple years and Dirk in his last year.

I would assume that MPJ would play at the 4 spot in the NBA. They’re looking for a Dirk replacement no doubt.

The Mavs, like they do almost every year, are gonna look for a big in free agency also. But you’re right, Bamba would make sense for them. With every opposing player blowing by DSJ you need some rim protection.

I feel like DSJ is going to be one of those dudes who has a bunch of flashy highlights and some big scoring games but none of it really equating to wins...and I like the dude but that’s just how I feel about him.

I agree about DSJ. Don’t think he’s the type of point guard that equates to wins, interesting to see the type of team the Mavs assemble around him though.

Yeah...no way Bamba falls past the Mavs.

The Grizzlies are the most interesting scenarios, do they use this opportunity to trade their stars and rebuild?

We not trading Conley or Marc. Its not happening :lol:

This FO wants a player that can help them make a playoff run next season and also be a building block for the future. I'm really nervous about being at 4. Some people are trying to make themselves believe MPJ is the goods and comparing him to guys like Durant for whatever reason. As a shooter, I think he's great to have, but then you have to factor in his ball handling and shiftiness on the court.

At the end of the day, you got MPJ, Carter and JJJ. I really don't think Bamba will be considered if Doncic, Ayton and Bagley are taken.

Carter may actually check out as the safest pick in in that area.

IMG_0821.jpg

Doncic already knows how to play the system :lol:

Suns hired his coach before, he better COMMIT!

welsey johnson

Or he could be the total opposite. His story is crazy. He was legit playing the 5 in 6A Texas basketball at 6-3. A couple of my kids were challenging him at the rim when he was a sophomore and he looked like Jordan bell last year in the ncaas.

I’m happy for him cause his rise wasn’t seen by anyone. Not even in Dallas

Back
Top Bottom