Official NBA 2k13 Thread

only thing i don't understand is why so strict with the sig skills, i see some marquee players with 3 but then a valuable role player with 5 :smh:
Why so strict? Because 2K has proven in the past that they don't understand moderation with new features.

We feel that Sig Skills are for the Elite Players in the League in that skill. It isn't simply, "Oh he is OK at that, let me give him a skill."

We still have Tendencies and Ratings. People seem to be forgetting that for some odd reason.

And as I said, don't look at the number of skills look at which skills they are. It isn't as simple as, "The better players should have more skills." What if that better player isn't as versatile as the less heralded player?

An example would be Iman Shumpert vs. Joe Johnson.

Joe is a bigger name because he scores a lot and scoring sells tickets and gives big contracts.

But Iman on the other hands is a defensive stud that is active and puts everything out there on the court.

Why shouldn't Iman have more Skills when his skill set fits those roles better than Joe?

It isn't saying Iman is better, it is simply saying that of the skills given to us, Iman fits the bill better than Joe does.

Nothing further.

And as I said, some skills I just don't believe in or trust.
Ankle Breaker, Clutch, and Posterizer.

Clutch shots are already OC in 2K so why add something that will increase the chances of a clutch shot going in?

I personally don't even believe in players "raising" their skill levels in clutch situations. They just unleash what is already there. So it is crazy that someone gets a BONUS during clutch situations even though stats say that their shooting percentages in those situations aren't much different than they are for the rest of the game.

And Hell for some, (Kobe) his shooting percentage is actually worse in the clutch. So why give a skill that is essentially a lie to what statsitics say?

Asking for trouble.

Ankle Breaker? Asking for trouble. We are talking and maybe AI and Tim Hardaway would be the only ones that could get that skill. We still have dribbling ratings and abilities and signatures, so if it isn't there it won't be the end of the world. It just screams immaturity to me honesty.

Posterizer. 2K is a dunk fest online as it is. People jump through defenders as it is, so now we are asking for something that will increase the chances of that happening? For what?

20 mins huh?
mean.gif

Say something when you are ready man.........I am not online anymore.
im ready. My b was watching SNL. Get online right now asap. I'm Youngmoguldmv

We are open to suggestions. Which skills do you feel Amare deserves?
And the worst thing you can take from this is compare the number of skills a player has and deduce that it means we feel one player is better than another. Ayon made the cutoff for the Active Hands Skill. Amare didn't. The most you can say here is his hands are more active than Amare. But more skills doesn't mean a better player. It just means what you see. More skills. But you have to look to see which skills those are.

I want to argue that Amare can still be a shot creator in the face up play style. Ability to face up opponent inside the arc and get inside / knock down the midrange.

But then again Amare played like buns last season. We'll see I guess.

neither does Horford...but Gustav Ayon does lol

Having a signature skill doesn't mean you're good and not having one doesn't mean you're bad. Chris Bosh doesn't really have any signature skills but he's a top PF in the league. He's just really good at a lot of things - which is somewhat similar to Horford.

From the 2 teams I watch the most, I only caught a couple things kinda off. You could argue that Humphries could use Bruiser (dude is really strong) or Eraser (haven't looked up his stats but he's had a bunch of huge blocks since he started getting playing time). Morrow should have Spot Up Shooter but your criteria is pretty stiff.

Wesley Johnson, Darko and Derrick Williams don't deserve any of those skills. Especially Darko and Wes, they're completely useless. I think you only used finisher for perimeter players but if anyone in the league could use it, it's Pekovic. Dude is built like an ox, has no hops and just finishes through contact everytime. One of the top FG% at the rim. Beasley should DEFINITELY not get finisher. He doesn't draw fouls and he's pretty bad at finishing inside despite his reputation as a PF. If he was a finisher, he'd be an efficient scorer.

GG DC American.
Who won?
nerd.gif

Blake will be the only current player that we will assign Posterizer because of how easy it usually is to get dunks in traffic in 2K. Just because a player doesn't have Posterizer doesn't mean he will never dunk on someone. It will still be able to happen, they just won't do it at a high rate.

And to say Amare was hurt last year supports my point. If he recovers and comes back as his old self fine, but based on the last Amare that we saw he does not deserve Posterizer. If if I wasn't just giving it to Blake.

There is enough cheese in the game, we don't need any more. That skill shouldn't even be in the game to be honest.
Yup. High Dunk In Traffic was a huge issue with 2K, no need to include more of it. If this game shapes up to play online how I think it will with these sig skills then IDK if I'm going to bother. The only thing with Custom Rosters is that they dont even let you bring them into custom lobbies with your friends. If they did that I'd be using them more often simply cause playing CPU sucks compared to playing users so I have little use for them

mean.gif
 smh at DCALLAMERICAN thinking he's a basketball guru just cuz he looks at some stats

dude probably has never played organized basketball in his life...

dude thinks he's better than the makers of the game...

sure 2k isn't perfect but IMO he's taking it too far and acting all elitist 

i for one, will not download his rosters...

:smh:  smh at DCALLAMERICAN thinking he's a basketball guru just cuz he looks at some stats

mean.gif
 smh at DCALLAMERICAN thinking he's a basketball guru just cuz he looks at some stats

My main complaint with DC's play is its not simulation nor as realistic as I thought. He seriously calls for SCREENS FOR EVERY PLAY!!!!. Not saying he cheesed, but it was very annoying and far from realistic.

It amazes me that people are critiquing the sole person who helps keep this game (and thread) afloat for a whole season. And now we are critiquing his play and questioning his real-life basketball experience? :lol: You guys are too much.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who hasn't thought much of DC AllAmerican in the past.

It amazes me that people are critiquing the sole person who helps keep this game (and thread) afloat for a whole season. And now we are critiquing his play and questioning his real-life basketball experience?
laugh.gif
You guys are too much.
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who hasn't thought much of DC AllAmerican in the past.
I don't like how people act as if your not allowed to say your opinion just because of who the person is. Its a forum, as long as your not flaming, your allowed to state your opinion.

BTW, HE ASKED FOR OPINION ON HIS STAT SHEETS AND THEY WERE GIVEN.

I don't like how people act as if your not allowed to say your opinion just because of who the person is. Its a forum, as long as your not flaming, your allowed to state your opinion.

BTW, HE ASKED FOR OPINION ON HIS STAT SHEETS AND THEY WERE GIVEN.

I'm not criticizing opinions, I am just saying that it's fairly ridiculous that DCA gets this treatment. Who cares about his real-life basketball experience? Also, no one would be critiquing his game play if he wasn't the one who keeps this thread alive.

I'm not criticizing opinions, I am just saying that it's fairly ridiculous that DCA gets this treatment. Who cares about his real-life basketball experience? Also, no one would be critiquing his game play if he wasn't the one who keeps this thread alive.
Im critiquing his stat sheet and my personal game play vs him. I don't like it and I told him what I don't like. I don't think he even cares, so why do you?

My main complaint with DC's play is its not simulation nor as realistic as I thought. He seriously calls for SCREENS FOR EVERY PLAY!!!!. Not saying he cheesed, but it was very annoying and far from realistic.
Think about who I played with.

Rubio. Do you realize how often he gets on ball screens?

And not to mention most plays in the game involve some type of screening action. I call plays just about every play.

Watch how often screens are called in the NBA Daso and then tell me that I did it at an unrealistic rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom