Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

They did the math on myplayer. If you get an A+ every game u need to play ~240 games to become an 85. That's RIDICULOUS. it was like 360 games if you average a C grade.

This is the first 2k I've bought in years. I stopped playing 2k cuz the animations mid game and the 4th quarter catch up bothered me to no end. But just 2 days into owning this and now the game is a money grab for micro transactions?

They made EVERYTHING suck so you get frustrated and buy vc just to be competent enough to really enjoy yourself. I literally went 0/10 multiple times wide open at the 3 and I only counted shots where the bar was full but not green. Handles are painfully slow. Badges take forever to earn. Like wtf is this?

And I'm 100% never gonna pay for VC, but if it's not obvious they're working harder and harder to at least indirectly force you to pay, you're Stevie out here. I don't do park or any of that ****, so it's easy for me to just not pay, but also pisses me off because they made archetypes like a damn MMO. Not one superstar's game can be accurately reflected in "my"career anymore

Technically no.

But it seems that the natural progression of your MyPlayer is so slow that in order to level up at a decent rate you'll have to shell out some real money.

I like the progression system in Live 18. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely true. Not sure how many hours or games you have to play, but I know completing Play Now and Team Up Games get you a decent amount of VC. Not sure the amount now, but I want to say 2K14/15 gave you like 2,500 VC for every completed game.

They did the math on myplayer. If you get an A+ every game u need to play ~240 games to become an 85. That's RIDICULOUS. it was like 360 games if you average a C grade.

This is the first 2k I've bought in years. I stopped playing 2k cuz the animations mid game and the 4th quarter catch up bothered me to no end. But just 2 days into owning this and now the game is a money grab for micro transactions?

They made EVERYTHING suck so you get frustrated and buy vc just to be competent enough to really enjoy yourself. I literally went 0/10 multiple times wide open at the 3 and I only counted shots where the bar was full but not green. Handles are painfully slow. Badges take forever to earn. Like wtf is this?

This is why I play MyLeague ONLY on NBA 2K games................there is no point in doing MyCareer if they continue this "pay-to-play" type bull**** with it.

Sure I can farm up VC without paying money, but the amount of time it'll take to farm VC enough to make your MyCareer player at a "competitive level" online..............the entire online player base would've already ranked up their MyCareer players to max level at that point thanks to that "monetary boost."

Like I said, I don't deal with that MyCareer **** no more...........I only play MyLeague and watch my "simulation" NY Knicks win the championship that the real-life NY Knicks struggle to accomplish every year :smh:

People complaining again online that game saves are corrupting their copies of 2K18 already...........every ****ing September, every ****ing September release, people will never learn.
TURN OFF AUTO-SAVES, PEOPLE

This is why I'm waiting for all the quality-of-life patches to come in before I cop 2K18 around Black Friday :smh:

Yup, this is a BF pickup.

What jumpshot did you give your myplayer!? My guy has good midrange and 3pt rating but can’t make a ****ing open shot to save my life, even with “good” releases

Already paid $20 in VC and I'm a 69 overall :rofl:

This **** crashes entirely too much

Every time I try to go to my court if gets stuck on 46%

EA755EE7-FCA9-4AF8-80E9-42BDD5106536.jpeg

Same thing was happening to me at 46% if you wait a few minutes it loads back up

What jumpshot did you give your myplayer!? My guy has good midrange and 3pt rating but can’t make a ****ing open shot to save my life, even with “good” releases
Klay. MyPlayer's overall is 70 and he's more of a slasher for me.

I went with Klay as well.

I liked it because it was a quick release that was easy to perfect.

Man wtf it won't load for me at all today brings up some kind of error code. Any help guys?? Oh and frame rate drops pretty bad . Also it got stuck loading on my court when I got it to work yesterday

I hate home much they dock you for "hold ball too long" almost a whole grade
That's one thing that I actually like :lol:

It's good practice because you're not gonna beat anyone who actually knows how to play if you're taking over half the shot clock without making a pass

Maaaaan....get my player up to a 78. Game crashes and loses all my progress. This is after I dropped $20 on the 75k VC. Ima write 2k a STRONGLY worded email. Lbs

I've turned off every auto setting i can find. why is the cpu still setting my defensive matchups? it's annoying the hell out of me and causing cross matchups that don't make any sense.

Shot creator badges like tireless scorer and difficult shot are counted for efficiency as well as how many you make. I went 1/5 on tireless shots and got 0 points towards the progress of my badge. Basically, unless you're doing practice, you can't grind for badges until you max out your stats. It's comical how they don't let you put career to rookie and how they took off the difficulty multiplier

Shot creator badges like tireless scorer and difficult shot are counted for efficiency as well as how many you make. I went 1/5 on tireless shots and got 0 points towards the progress of my badge. Basically, unless you're doing practice, you can't grind for badges until you max out your stats. It's comical how they don't let you put career to rookie and how they took off the difficulty multiplier

How long did you guys have to play before you leveled up those incentives? In 2k17 I played 2 full seasons, no games simulated, all on HOF with 7 min quarters as a 6'6 shot creator SG. Signed with Nike, went to All-Star Game both seasons, one MVP, back-to-back champion, back-to-back Finals MVP, averaged 47 ppg 8r 7a 4s 2b on 60% shooting from the field and about 98% from the free throw line (something like 400-407) in season 2. I had three game-winning shots in my career, one of them in the playoffs. Led my team to an 82-0 record with career highs of 145 points, 30 assists, 19 rebounds, 13 steals, 8 blocks. Still on incentive level one with Nike

Got those Huarache 2k4 PE's tho :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom