Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

I find layups no different than a shot release. I try to release the ball at the height of my jump. All the ones I miss are usually because I rushed it in traffic. Haven’t missed wide open or on a fast break.

I will say though, the representation of the sixers is on point. Never seen so many wasted open looks, which is infuriating because the opposing team hits all theirs. Maybe I will leave mycareer and explore these other modes.

Play some myleague. You can have the option to player lock on a position or a specific player.

Happened to me last night.:lol:

Looking past all my gripes, I was just sitting watching a game from the bench in MyPlayer, and the AI/mechanics/animations are so damn smooth. Could be the best basketball sim ever, all things considered.
Yeah essentially it's a pretty damn smooth game.

I will say though, the representation of the sixers is on point. Never seen so many wasted open looks, which is infuriating because the opposing team hits all theirs. Maybe I will leave mycareer and explore these other modes.

Again, the game experience in myPlayer vs. myLeague is vastly different.

If you are hell bent on using yourself, just make him and throw him onto a team in MyLeague

Good discussion. Yet another example of a human fabricating %s to confirm their argument. 20%? Yea, sure. Nobody believes it. Nonsense.
This is something that happens extremely rarely in real life yet I swear I can count on at least one from the AI every other game.

Full court shots should have like a 1% chance of going in, not this 20% or so that seems to be happening. It was the same last year, nothing worse than doing everything right to gain a lead then having the AI cheese some BS full court heave to tie or win the game.

Stop complaining about not making 50%+ wide open 3s - https://forums.operationsports.com/...laining-about-not-making-50-wide-open-3s.html

Suggestion, turn shot feedback/vibrations OFF

Last edited:
So I'm creating a database of Every Single Player in the game (It includes the players rating, where they were born, college, jersey number, year drafted, draft pick number and AGE - AGE is most important here)

I realized that there are duplicate players - like the Allen Iverson on the All-Time Nuggets team is the same Iverson on the 2007/2008 Nuggets - both have the same AGE (32). Yet they have different ratings - the Iverson on the 2007/2008 Nuggets is an 88 and the All-Time Iverson is a 90.

Now that's not as bad as others... like Charles Oakley the 85/86 Bulls Oakley is a 77, the All Time Bulls Oakley (same age 22) is 84. Brad Daugherty, Muggsy Bougues and Brendan Haywood also have crazy Ratings Difference.

I find this is only true for Historic Players...The 2015/2016 Steph Curry is a 96 and the All Time Warriors Curry is a 96 (same age 27).

Also this happens: Kendall Gil is an 85 Rating on the All-Time Hornets. (He's 23 ratings would come from his 1991/1992 Season). He then becomes a 77 Rating on the 1992/1993 Hornets Team (he's 24). And then on the All-Time Nets team he's back up to an 86 rating (he's 28 - ratings come from his 1996/1997 season). I know he only averaged 16 ppg in the 92/93 season compared to 20 ppg in his 91/92 and 96/97 season but still...that's a huge drop. Same goes for Derek Fisher who goes from a 77 on the 2001/2002 Lakers to an 84 on the All Time Lakers (taken from his 2002/2003 Season) to a 74 on the 2004/2005 Lakers...His stats all 3 years are very similar.

There's also this: Tony Allen - He's rated an 85 on the All Time Grizzlies Team.
He's 34 and rating comes from his 2016/2016 season. If I went back to NBA 2k16 he wasn't rated an 85 - I think he was 78...

Player's Ratings On All-Time Teams Too High? - Operation Sports Forums https://forums.operationsports.com/...-players-ratings-all-time-teams-too-high.html

Played with the 01 lakers vs the 01 Kings.
Probably the most fun I’ve had with a 2k game. The gameplay (outside of my player) is damn near flawless. Had Shaq killing Divac and 01 kobe midrange pull ups off the the dribble were too smooth. :nthat:

Bruh how does generic boots cost more than numbered Jordan’s in MyPark?!? 9k VC?!?!? Smh they want to take all of my NBA paycheck. Trying to have my get fly with his knockoff Burberry sweater and white jeans.

man i really wanna get a nba game this season but i dont trust live and that vc bull **** is tirning me off of 2k cuz i like to make a player and create a ***** with a blonde mullet and name him **** harry

oh well guess ill just dust the old 360 off and play 2k12 :lol:

2K12 was the greatest.

We had an editor some hacker made for XBOX and it allowed you to customize the game to a degree that can't be done by hand.

You could literally so the whole league in 5 mins (assuming you have an excel sheet with the data already present).

And we had the DLeague

this game plays really well in offline sandbox mode. it really teaches alot of good habits. not making bad passes and dribbling into a crowd are perhaps the 2 biggest. i will say that missed layups have been too frequent and the whole NBA Jam, cpu down 15 and hits every shot to make the game close is wack. i have been able to neutralize alot of what the cpu stars wants to do.

even with ACE turned off, the computer still takes over things it shouldnt...like matchups etc.

Back
Top Bottom