Official NBA Authentics Thread Part 2: Yuku murdered our last thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard machine washing is a NO. How do you guys wash your jerseys?
Thanks

You could put it in the washing machine on its own on a gentle cycle. When it comes out, lay it flat to dry, then hang it.

The only thing about this is that it could rumple the numbers and twill a little bit. Most of the time you can just iron it back flat again.

If you want to be super careful, just hand wash it in a small tub with detergent. The only drawback is that it won't get washed as well as in the machine.

Cool, thanks guys, makes sense.

I don't plan on dirtying them too much, so I suppose hand wash should suffice.

Also, thanks for the M&N coupon, picked up a couple jerseys, will post when they arrive.

edit: to the post below, thanks, i'll give that a try

Last edited:
I wash all of my jerseys by hand like this.

A. Get a bucket or use a sink. Fill the bucket/sink with hot water.

B. Add a quarter of a cap of liquid Tide.

C. Let jersey soak for about 10 minutes.

D. Scrub stained/dirty areas with a light brush.

E. Empty bucket/sink and fill it back up with cold water.

F. Let jersey soak again for about 10 minutes.

G. Squeeze remaining water out from the jersey.

H. Hang it somewhere where it can drip/air dry.

This works wonders. My jerseys come out looking brand new. You will be satisfied.

Wasn't sure which thread to post in.

NBA adding 2x2 patches with ads on them for the 13-14 season. Will be on retail versions as well. Supposed to generate at least $100m.

:smh:

I need to pick up my two Melo authentics before this BS happens. NBA Store needs to give us a decent code. 20% is cool but I need something better than that for those Rev 30 jerseys.

Here is the 1984-1985 Mitchell & Ness Jordan Away. Got it just minutes before I moved to Chicago.
nthat.gif
Always wanted something like this. Very happy to own it.

This jersey will go rather well with these:

some dude offered me $15 for the Ray Allen :lol:

people are so dumb; dude actually thought he had a chance

From Uni Watch...

Uni Watch News Ticker: “I saw the Spring 2013 Adidas NBA Catalog and there are some new on-court offerings,” says Chris Blackstone. “There are new jerseys for Christmas Day and for home weekend games during the second half of season, called the Winter Court jerseys. They’re monochrome like the all-black Miami uniforms from the past couple years, but in team colors. Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), Chicago (mid-’90s alternate), Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90s home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).” No word on whether the NBA plans to put ads on throwbacks in 2013.
Looks like the theme for HWC next season is sublimation. Should've given the Pistons their late '90s joints, too.

More on the jersey advertisements...

• According to the NBA’s own web site, “[N]o vote was taken on putting advertisements on jerseys … [but there was] a strong preference to move forward. … The final decision will likely come in an e-mail vote in September.” So this isn’t yet a done deal, but it’s getting closer.

• Under the proposal being discussed, teams would be permitted to have uni ads but would not be required to do so, so some teams could stay ad-free. But deputy commish Adam Silver — the league’s point man for the uni ads — is quoted thusly in the NBA article: “My sense is that every team would do this in some form.”

Some other interesting facts on the Uni Watch post; here's the link: http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/07/20/nba-planning-to-add-uniform-advertising-in-2013/

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm new to the whole jersey thing.

I'm wondering if there are any plans to make an Authentic Deron Williams Team USA Jersey. I've seen a replica on the Team USA website, but I would much rather have the Authentic. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of size 40s restocking on the M&N site for the Kobe Lakers 1996-97 jerseys? I missed the 50% sale and was hoping they'd make it to the Black Friday sale.

Is there any chance of size 40s restocking on the M&N site for the Kobe Lakers 1996-97 jerseys? I missed the 50% sale and was hoping they'd make it to the Black Friday sale.

the purple mos def but I doubt the gold; I wanted a gold one myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom