3rd pick
29gob5j.jpg

blasphemy!
world champion
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

zwchris wrote:
Madman4life wrote:
When I think of NBA busts I think of guys like Eric Montross, Bryant Reeves, Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, Darius Miles, and Christian Laettner.

How in the hell is he a bust?  Played for 13+ yrs, made an all star team and avgd 18, 8, 3 for 7 seasons.

First of Laetnner didnt average 18, 8, 3 for 7 seasons. He averaged 18 pts a game for 3 seasons in his career. He averaged 8 rebounds per game only 3 seasons in his career. Yes he made ONE all-star apperance.  For those that remember this is a man that came out of college considered by many to be the greatest college player of his era.  And was drafted number 3 overall. For his entire career his averaged 12 pts and 6 rbs.  Now dont get me wrong those are respectible numbers but not for player who was selected to the Dream Team (over Shaq, Zo, Jim Jackson) someone who was AP player of the year, Naismith player of the year, NCAA Tournament MVP. 

But I see how one could argue he is not a bust, its a fair arguement, as he did manage last in the league 13 season and did average about a double double for 7 of them.  As I stated in one of my eariler post I consider a bust someone who didnt live up to the expectiations.  And I belive the expectations for Laetnner were higher than essentially a journeyman PF who averaged 12 pts and 6 rbs for his career.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Dudes was saying May should have been the #1 pick on here after that championship...I remember that +@%# vividly

why do you always remember the most random $$$$ said on here?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Flip Murray? Its a shame his career hasnt lived up to all the hype he had coming from the basketball hotbed of shaw university...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this made me chuckle

Marbury
indifferent.gif

Dude put up HOF-esque #s throughout his career. He wont be a HOF and he really never won but dude was a numerous time allstar, all-nba player, etc. there is no way you can say he was a bust or some $%%+ cause of a few bad years towards the end.

anyway...
034251deffa78ca71045fd0a2e01f4ff7ef8022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom