:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

From RealGM>>>
03:18 PM: RUMOR: The Blazers are also interested in the Grizzlies' pick, according to ESPN. They have a number of assets, including Travis Outlaw, that they can entice Memphis with. The Blazers are reportedly most interested in Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love.

With the Nets willing to dump off RJ for Odom, I was always under the impression new Jeresey was doing what it had to to set itself up for the year Lebron is a FA (its either this one or next year right)? and RJ's salary was large and didn't it exced that summer by 1 year?

So NJ dumps their highest paid player, and I'm pretty sure that Vince will come off the books before the James FA summer season.....

so my impression anyways was that they dump RJ, dump Carter's contract, have a good young quick PG with LBJ23 (harris locked up 4 years i think?), then they threw a bunch of money at LBJ23 and Bosh to come to NY (since I'm assuming its moved by then).

that could be completely wrong, I haven't looked at the Net's Salary situation, but I would only imagine they want to make sure they basically have a payroll's like Memphis's the season Bron is a FA
Vince has a team option w/ his contract in the 11/12 season. LeBrons contract ends in 11/12 but has a team option in 10/11.

Nets are unsure of the move to Brooklyn, when it will exactly take place, but tis rumored to be about 3 years from now.

As I've said though, & you're correct with this, RJ had a very high contract, & Im sure we were looking to get rid of it for either now, or thefuture.

So yea, this could have a lot to do with making some moves now with watching contracts & salaries & looking to win now with Vince, but also at the sametime planning for the future free agent class in the upcoming years.

I would iamgine the Bulls draft Rose and call it a day. More than likely a Euro in the 2nd round that will not take up a roster spot. They have to wait untilthey resolve BG and Luol before they make any deals at this point.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ wouldn't make any sense with Aldridge there...

It wouldn't make any sense for Love to be in Minnesota either but apparently McHale thinks its a great fit
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

I would iamgine the Bulls draft Rose and call it a day. More than likely a Euro in the 2nd round that will not take up a roster spot. They have to wait untilthey resolve BG and Luol before they make any deals at this point.

Originally Posted by JPZx

/\ wouldn't make any sense with Aldridge there...

It wouldn't make any sense for Love to be in Minnesota either but apparently McHale thinks its a great fit
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Makes more sense than Portland...because you could at least play Jefferson and Love together. Can't put Love on Portland cause they're already setfor the next 10 years at his positions

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Heat... take beasley... trade marion or haslem with blount for a PG... mayo???

jamaal tinsley wouldnt be a bad it a pg, and i bet miami wouldnt have to trade something big to get him...

tinsley is supposedly not happy that pacers got ford

The Clippers/Sonics deal is contingent upon Mayo going #3. If he doesnt the deal is off

What sense is it to swap picks (even if Mayo isn't taken). How do the Sonics benefit?

The Clippers/Sonics deal is contingent upon Mayo going #3. If he doesnt the deal is off
let's hope mchale loves love enough to take him at 3 then

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

With the Nets willing to dump off RJ for Odom, I was always under the impression new Jeresey was doing what it had to to set itself up for the year Lebron is a FA (its either this one or next year right)? and RJ's salary was large and didn't it exced that summer by 1 year?

So NJ dumps their highest paid player, and I'm pretty sure that Vince will come off the books before the James FA summer season.....

so my impression anyways was that they dump RJ, dump Carter's contract, have a good young quick PG with LBJ23 (harris locked up 4 years i think?), then they threw a bunch of money at LBJ23 and Bosh to come to NY (since I'm assuming its moved by then).

that could be completely wrong, I haven't looked at the Net's Salary situation, but I would only imagine they want to make sure they basically have a payroll's like Memphis's the season Bron is a FA
Vince has a team option w/ his contract in the 11/12 season. LeBrons contract ends in 11/12 but has a team option in 10/11.

Nets are unsure of the move to Brooklyn, when it will exactly take place, but tis rumored to be about 3 years from now.

As I've said though, & you're correct with this, RJ had a very high contract, & Im sure we were looking to get rid of it for either now, or the future.

So yea, this could have a lot to do with making some moves now with watching contracts & salaries & looking to win now with Vince, but also at the same time planning for the future free agent class in the upcoming years.

Ahh I see.
well IMO if you guys are going to NY (which seems the case), Bron is coming and he will command the most money at that time...

kinda almost looks a little set up
wink.gif
trading away alot of talent (RJ -bascially just made the Bucks contenders), for Yi Ji, but hmmm

Yi + LBJ23 = probably nike's most marketable basketball players in 2011 and both in the business capital of the world
wink.gif

patience i imagine good things are coming you guys way
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
and IMO you stole D. Harris
nerd.gif
(kids a monster).

Nets made an excellent move, from what I saw from Yi he looks like he's gonna be good.. And RJ was always doing some dumb #*#@..

OJ in Seattle is what I really wanna see today

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.

jesus....wayy too good to be true

mayo/kobe/artest/gasol/bynum....look at that defense

fisher/kobe/beasley/gasol/bynum....look at that offesne

The alleged trades right now are so funny. They all hinge on Riley at #2. He can kill every one of these trades with one draft pick. hahaha.

Slick bastard.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Been saying that for months now...That will be
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Along with me...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Seattle just chill at #4.... don't do nothing rash...somebody great just might fall to you!
this is what i'm saying. i want oj. drafting oj gives the sonics 2 good options. either keep him, or they can use him to trade for beasley. bothoptions i really like. hopefully riley and mchale play their parts

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I would imagine the Bulls draft Rose and call it a day. More than likely a Euro in the 2nd round that will not take up a roster spot. They have to wait until they resolve BG and Luol before they make any deals at this point.

You hit the nail on the head man. That's exactly what'll happen.

Originally Posted by ExileUE

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Been saying that for months now...That will be
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Along with me...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Seattle just chill at #4.... don't do nothing rash...somebody great just might fall to you!
this is what i'm saying. i want oj. drafting oj gives the sonics 2 good options. either keep him, or they can use him to trade for beasley. both options i really like. hopefully riley and mchale play their parts

Everything hinges on Kevin McHale...and we know this guy hasn't made good decisions

Back
Top Bottom