Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by quik1987

Raptors hurt my soul. I don't know why players don't want to play here. Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were able to make names for themselves here. We're like the 4th biggest city in North America.
your management is crap and high taxes.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Originally Posted by DubA169

The raptors prob offer max to lin if they don't get nash
That would be foolish to give up all that money for a guy that has had 1 solid season. Raptors aren't going anywhere with that front office. 
solid season? he had like a solid 10 game run.

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by DubA169

The raptors prob offer max to lin if they don't get nash
That would be foolish to give up all that money for a guy that has had 1 solid season. Raptors aren't going anywhere with that front office. 
laugh.gif
word right. Since when do you pay a guy 30 mill for playing above average for 20 games.

So if i'm understanding the gist, alot of these teams are doing these backloaded contracts like the NFL now because they can cut players with the amnesty clause?

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

So if i'm understanding the gist, alot of these teams are doing these backloaded contracts like the NFL now because they can cut players with the amnesty clause?
No, they can only amnesty players having contracts that were already on their team from the old CBA. As usual they can buy out/waive those players in their final years.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif
word right. Since when do you pay a guy 30 mill for playing above average for 20 games.
Linsanity would be HUGE marketing for a team like the Raptors. They're obviously overpaying for his production but he's a guy that gets people in the seats. Owners are willing to pay for people like that. He's also young. He's most likely going to get paid and he should take as much as possible because he might regress. Doesn't mean it's a smart move 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by reener

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Teletovic WAS signed for 3 mil.

Dwight now fits right into the cap
explain this please 
nerd.gif
Teams that are UNDER the luxury tax line (74 million) can use a big MLE of 5ish million.
Teams that are OVER the luxury tax line can only use a small MLE of 3ish million.

If the Nets gave Teletovic the big MLE of 5 million a year as rumored, they'd be limited to 74 million. Since they only gave him the small MLE, it lets them go over the luxury tax line of 74 million and trade for Howard without worrying about a hard cap. 

This basically lets them spend more money since the soft cap lets them go over. 

so question, every team has one amnesty they can use on one player from before the CBA as long as they signed them correct?

can they trade said amnesty ? do they get another one every certain years? or is it one and done till the new CBA?

Man, if y'all can get D12, thats an impressive big 4....but its looking less and less likely the Nets can add him due to other impeding moves...

i hope Nash goes to the Knicks, its time for them to make a big push and win now. Screw Lin, hes NOT that good if at all, if someone has a problem with that explain what he brings to the table other than money to the team which isnt as much/big as it was during Linsanity. His numbers were gonna end up dropping off for sure, hes nothing special.

go out get your money but Knicks shouldnt pay him.

Lin isn't gonna be making teams any money once be starts playing like a D League player again this year.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Nets would STILL need to have a good enough offer to take Dwight... That is yet to be seen

From the teams involved (Mavs, Rockets, Lakers, & Nets) I think the Nets are in the lead to land Howard. With the Rockets, he's been quoted saying he wouldn't resign with them (as with every other team besides Brooklyn). The Lakers deal has not only concerns about Dwight resigning, but Bynum as well... Plus LA doesn't want to take on other contracts such as Hedo who Orlando is trying to get rid of. I don't see Dallas putting together a good enough deal for Orlando & again, I don't see Dwight resigning there without DWill. As of now the Nets offering picks, a center who has a bright future, a future star with Brooks, & us taking on some of the players Orlando is trying to get rid of, I think we're in a good position. Not only that, but the thing to remember is that it's very rare that a franchise sends off a superstar player & gets equal value in return.

nets offer is the best simply because thats the only place he will resign. they just cant let him walk after this year. cant see them going thru the same mess like this year. if anything, get them first rd draft picks from the nets. dwight shoulda never signed that opt-in clause, lol.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Nets would STILL need to have a good enough offer to take Dwight... That is yet to be seen

From the teams involved (Mavs, Rockets, Lakers, & Nets) I think the Nets are in the lead to land Howard. With the Rockets, he's been quoted saying he wouldn't resign with them (as with every other team besides Brooklyn). The Lakers deal has not only concerns about Dwight resigning, but Bynum as well... Plus LA doesn't want to take on other contracts such as Hedo who Orlando is trying to get rid of. I don't see Dallas putting together a good enough deal for Orlando & again, I don't see Dwight resigning there without DWill. As of now the Nets offering picks, a center who has a bright future, a future star with Brooks, & us taking on some of the players Orlando is trying to get rid of, I think we're in a good position. Not only that, but the thing to remember is that it's very rare that a franchise sends off a superstar player & gets equal value in return.

Nets can't take on Hedo or JRich..

And Magic don't want Humphries in a Sign & Trade..

Brook Lopez & Brooks for Dwight, is not a better deal than Bynum for Dwight...

and Lopez and Brooks isn't enough salary to take on Dwight alone

And the irony with the Magic wanting Bynum back for Howard is that Bynum could be just as bad if not worse in the locker room than Dwight. Bynum has had Kobe, Fisher, Pau and Artest and he's still been immature. Dwight's had what? Jameer Nelson? I'd want out too. Lopez, MarShon and a couple 1st rounders is about as good as they're gonna get. Take it and let everybody else begin they're free agency already.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Nets can't take on Hedo or JRich..

And Magic don't want Humphries in a Sign & Trade..

Brook Lopez & Brooks for Dwight, is not a better deal than Bynum for Dwight...

yea but Lakers arent stupid enough to take Dwight when he wont sign with them. Of course getting Bynum is the better deal but it doesnt work when the main guy isnt willing to play for the team.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Lin isn't gonna be making teams any money once be starts playing like a D League player again this year.

ieRCnQr9d4Qn.gif

instead of posting a stupid gif why not rebuttal?

people keep praising him and gassing him up but no one has explained why...

Originally Posted by quik1987

Raptors hurt my soul. I don't know why players don't want to play here. Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were able to make names for themselves here. We're like the 4th biggest city in North America.

Dude, because it's Canada.
Both of those players left btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom