Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando bottomed out better than realized. Add Affalo (meh) nothing contract in Al, get extra picks (even if marginal) and rid themselves of 2-3 contracts, they'll have a ton of cap space within a year or so, wait a year to dump Hedo, just not sure what Jammeer's deal was for. Got Hark and Vucevic.....eh, not "horrible" as it reads on paper.
They'll be alright soon enough.

Great at all the lakers fans in here now, no where to be seen before this :smh: don't get me wrong, as a nets fans of course i wanted howard, I mean who ever sits there and tells you no is a Damm lier, and you know what of we didn't get him, as long ad he didn't go to the lakers, but today's NBA is a joke, **** looks like wrestling out here :lol: and if you can honestly sit there and tell me that Orlando got a better deal compared to what NJ was offering or any other team for that fact your either a Lakers fan or just plum dumb :smh: now have to hear a whole season of lakers fans smh :smh: oh well this doesn't give them the automatic chip

i just want kobe to get 6 so everyone can shut up about michael.
Sadly, even if Kobe gets 7, people aren't gonna shut up about Michael.
Sadly?

Shut up about Michael?

Being the GOAT isn't based solely on whomever has the most titles, if that was the case the conversation begins and ends with Bill Russell.

At worst Kobe is a top 10 player of All Time, but no matter how many more titles he wins (if any) he won't be widely recognized as being better than MJ.

Take over a series? Probably not, but Tyson would certainly have his hands full down low. When he's engaged, Bynum is a problem.
Put it like this. I'd take the 76ers (w/Drew) over the Knicks in a 7 game series.

:lol: :lol:

And then I see this.

People still underestimate how important chemistry is in the NBA. You can have the best team on paper....but the NBA playoffs are not played on paper and the NBA finals is at the end of May, not the end of August.

No one can deny how impressive the Lakers roster is, but I will reserve judgement until I actually see them play 20-30 games together.

And I don't know why folks are mad at the League for this one and claiming conspiracy......if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the front office of Orlando. This is 100% on them. They could have traded Dwight anywhere......but they CHOSE to make this deal.

And I don't know why folks are mad at the League for this one and claiming conspiracy......if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the front office of Orlando. This is 100% on them. They could have traded Dwight anywhere......but they CHOSE to make this deal.

Exactly... no collective bargaining agreement can counteract stupid management. This was just a bad trade for them. They panicked and did something extremely poor; to come out the worst when they had the biggest piece on the table is just inexcusable. :smh:

People talking about the Nets deal being better, maybe they didn't want to give Lopez a max deal? Which was a contract that everyone laughed at. Same goes with Bynum, if they didn't want to risk him walking and/or they didn't wan to commit that kind of salary, then it makes sense not to take it.

Comparing it to the Paul, Deron, and Melo trades is also unfair. At some point, the teams who want a superstar and have young picks and cap space are going to run out. The Magic's biggest mistake is thinking Dwight would want to stay or could be convinced.. and that falls on the owner in my mind.

By no means am I trying to spin this as a positive for Orlando, they got the worst return in this trade and if you acted sooner and made the tough decision to move Dwight a year or two ago, this wouldn't have happened. But If you don't want to commit long term salary to Lopez or Bynum, and if that Houston deal was overblown and exaggerated, then I can understand this being the one you agree on.

Last edited:
My basketball nightmares have come true....Heat vs Lakers nba finals? I'd rather watch paint dry...
Watching paint dry is boring....A Lakers vs Heat finals with Kobe and Lebron and their supporting cast of stars would be farrrrrr from boring my man.

I am not a fan of either team, but the basketball fan in me would appreciate the hell out of that finals.
Exactly. Its Kobe Vs Lebron, the world is going to explode
3572664991_0b6f335d03_o.gif

puppet_facepalm_gif.gif

thissofunbro.gif

wadesad.gif

Just cancel the reg. season
A+

I can't believe some of you believe Dwight will leave after this season. He's really going to leave a year and ~$20M on the table so he can go play with an old Dirk with nothing else in Dallas? Brooklyn is going to lure him away from Los Angeles? Please.

So let's say YOLO doesn't show up for his physical? Trade gets voided right? :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom