Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Heat are still the team to beat and I think they're gonna win it all again. Even with all the size the Lakers have that lineup that the Heat ran in the finals is too deadly. Too many 3 point shooters for the Lakers to cover and too much speed as well.
And the Heat have a confident LeBron now.

Let's be honest though.. The Thunder played some of the worst defense possible.. Rather than let Lebron get his 30+ a night, they decided to double and triple team him, and leave 3 point shooters wide open whether by direct pass from Bron or swing around the perimeter. If Brooks got his head out of his ***, he maybe would have realized he might as well let Lebron drove rather than keep up with help defense.

So not only did Lebron still get 28, they left every 3 point shooter open.

Heat played beautiful basketball because the Thunder couldn't stop helping off 3 point shooters.. If the Thunder let Lebron score, and stay on their man, it would be an entirely different series..

Last edited:
Okc still takes the west. There's no way mwp, Nash, and bean can stop a Durant, Westbrook, and harden, especially when there gonna come off one of their best off seasons together playing for gold in the olympics.

Lakers played extremely competitive series this past season with the worst bench in the league, and issues at PG..

2 of the 4 games they lost were blown leads. Both due to bench going long streaks without scoring.. And Game 3 of Kobe making bad mistakes as primary ball handler.

They are better at PG & C. And have a much improved bench..

It's much closer than you think because the way the Laker defense is structured, Howard at the low post, Gasol high post, it should force the Thunder to play on long 2s and 3 pointers, which heavily favors the Lakers.

Let's be honest though.. The Thunder played some of the worst defense possible.. Rather than let Lebron get his 30+ a night, they decided to double and triple team him, and leave 3 point shooters wide open whether by direct pass from Bron or swing around the perimeter. If Brooks got his head out of his ***, he maybe would have realized he might as well let Lebron drove rather than keep up with help defense.

Heat played beautiful basketball because the Thunder couldn't stop helping off 3 point shooters.. If the Thunder let Lebron score, and stay on their man, it would be an entirely different series..
Dude, that has been how the Thunder defended since Brooks has been here. I used to think our players were just incompetent defensively, but after seeing Derek Fisher who is a veteran and generally smarter than to help so far off a man in the short corner 3 only one pass away make the same mistake, it was pretty much confirmed. And it's so upsetting because that is literally an elementary basketball fundamental; help defense 1 pass away, 2 passes away, not helping further than you can closeout. And even if you don't understand it, you'd assume Durant and Harden (who are the worst offenders by far) would say to themselves, "well damn, I left this dude open in the corner and helped well over into the paint and he just hit 2 3s on me the last 2 possessions. I'm going to stay home on him next time," but literally they will make the same mistake 10s of times in a row as we saw in the finals. And Brooks dumb ***, don't call a timeout or anything. Let's just watch an 11 pt lead turn into a deficit while the home crowd jizzes all over the court in excitement. Keep those timeouts, they're like Cingular minutes, they rollover. You can use them next month.

And Brooks is feeling himself too much. We saw it in the Spurs series almost cost us, his refusal to EVER make an adjustment even when it is obvious the status quo isn't working. He is just lucky we are so good when James comes in, to negate the fact that that starting lineup does not work because teams defend KD and Russ differently when they are on the floor with 3 non offensive options as opposed to when James is in, and even Collison with his divecuts. Here's a good article chronicling the issue with pics and videos on the starting lineup has and why they always give teams double digit head starts and how teams defend when Perkins and Thabo are on the floor

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/06/15/thunder-heat-finals-lineups/

Furthermore, not to blame the refs at all, but every other coach in the league manipulates the refs via the media, gets a few t's and eats the fine, says something in the postgame when **** gets as bad as it was game 2-4. Phil is a master of this obviously, even does it in regular season games. But he just let us get punked by the refs. Again, I understand wanting to build a no excuse culture, but you have to say or do something. He doesn't even "work" them on the sidelines during the games. He also throws guys under the bus, like the Westbrook game 4 foul thing. He could have diffused it by absorbing the blame himself or even said something neutral like, "I thought I told the guys but maybe there was a miscommunication." He was just like, "Yea i told them."

Also, Perk was injured worst than was originally let on and Brooks knew it, and still played him. What kind of coach starts an already ineffective, offensively inept center against a team who is starting 2sf and a perimeter oriented tweener forward, with a torn ligament in his hand and his groin, both of which would require offseason surgery?

Yes, he was the coach who was here from ~23wins to a finals contender in record time, but I would say we made that jump in spite of him more than because of him. Any coach could take this lineup and get a few wcfs/finals out of them.

Last edited:
I still can't believe it finally happen. Still hasn't hit me yet that we actually got Dwight after everything that's happened.

the lakers are winning it all next year... all the players just compliment each other just like when pau first came to the lakers even though they lost his first year they won the following year... but foreal the lakers got this.. the team is just so balanced with its starting 5 and bench... kobe, nash, pau and dwight thats a nasty lineup... now if they play defense the skys the limit with that team...as a knick fan i am disappointed because we won't win it but at least miami won't either... and if you think dwight is bouncing after this year you truly are dumb... i will bet my screename dwight won't leave the lakers and if he does ill retire my screename go ahead and quote me now

The Heat are still the team to beat and I think they're gonna win it all again. Even with all the size the Lakers have that lineup that the Heat ran in the finals is too deadly. Too many 3 point shooters for the Lakers to cover and too much speed as well.
And the Heat have a confident LeBron now.

In game 3 Miami only made 4 three pointers and they still won. So yeah, I don't think it would be an entirely different series as you stated -- maybe slightly different but the Thunder still would have lost. The fact of the matter is OKC just got outplayed and outmatched, they didn't know what lineup to run and how to stop Miami's attack.

Plus Miami is going to win that series EVERY time with Harden playing the way he did. The Thunder got scoring from only TWO people (KD & Russ) and that is clearly not gonna win you games especially when you're not getting any help from the bench.

Yo we have haters in here typing up essays just to state how the Lakers still aren't that good and what ever else BS is being said :lol:

86wlo.png

Last edited:
why the hell didn't Orlando trade Dwight for Bynum? smh.

I'll always be a fan of the NBA, but with the way all of the stars are going to like 5 teams - it's making it harder for me to follow the game like I do.

Please Stern, let us face the Spurs in the playoffs. I beg you.

4 out of 5 isn't enough apparently.

I see how a lot of NBA fans in this thread are saying "Man it suck for us small market team fans"

Honestly though both the NBA Owners and Superstar players are at fault on why this keeps happening and will continue to happen.

The NBA Player's association in the last NBA lockout fought HARD as hell to make sure they still had an option to go to the big market team in LA,NYC, Miami, Chicago. And they made sure no HARD Salary cap was put in.

I mean can you blame the NBA players though when you just got Grimey & Shady NBA Owners like Dan Gilbet & Donald T. Sterling and Robert Sarver?

The point I'm getting at is that even if you are in small market like San Antonio or OKC. It's been proven that well & properly managed teams can compete at a championship level and win rings.

Another team that's in a small market that isn't on a championship contending level yet but are literally 2 or 3 moves away are the Grizzlies.

Last edited:
The Lakers organization practices voodoo. They been doin it for decades now. If you didnt know,.... its been workin.

Phil fit in because he a voodoo high priest who leaves or retires occasionally to secretly strengthen his stronghold.
Buss is a grandmaster overlord. Why you think Mitch b lookin like he eats frozen rocks ?They dont be playin, they bout these chips forreal.

Kobe has the luxury in his career to play with Point guards Gary payton, nick van exel, steve nash and derek fisher

wing players such as glen rice, ron harper, robert horry, ron artest

pf such as pau gasol, karl malone horace grant

centers in shaq, bynum, d12

thats crazy

Kobe has the luxury in his career to play with Point guards Gary payton, nick van exel, steve nash and derek fisher

wing players such as glen rice, ron harper, robert horry, ron artest

pf such as pau gasol, karl malone horace grant

centers in shaq, bynum, d12

thats crazy

What you're trying to do... I see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom