Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by NooEra

So Garnett and his toothpick body is supposed to play the 5 throughout the playoffs?
Against who? Joakim Noah? Spencer Hawes? Joel Anthony & Ronny Turiaf? Roy Hibbert who he can just face up & blow by?

C'mon son.

If youre denying the Celtics were plagued with injuries to key players then idk what to tell you
laugh.gif
If you're denying that the Heat & Bulls were plagued with injuries to perennial all stars that greatly aided BOS's playoff run, I don't know what to tell you
laugh.gif

BOS was missing a 2nd year guy & two foul prone big men while MIA & CHI were missing Olympians
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ill steelo

So Garnett and his toothpick body is supposed to play the 5 throughout the playoffs?
Against who? Joakim Noah? Spencer Hawes? Joel Anthony & Ronny Turiaf? Roy Hibbert who he can just face up & blow by?

C'mon son.

If youre denying the Celtics were plagued with injuries to key players then idk what to tell you
laugh.gif
If you're denying that the Heat & Bulls were plagued with injuries to perennial all stars that greatly aided BOS's playoff run, I don't know what to tell you
laugh.gif

BOS was missing a 2nd year guy & two foul prone big men while MIA & CHI were missing Olympians
laugh.gif

Garnett played the 5 as good as anyone in the playoffs. Fab Melo should be able to come in and at least play defense....
I don't think injuries were that big of an excuse, but we should just be overall deeper. Doc will give the older guys less minutes. A lot still depends on Bass, Green, and Allen.

I'd rather have OJ Mayo for 3/20 than bumass Landry Fields.
laugh.gif

NaS, I think it has to do with Rondo's attitude problem. He just pushes everyones buttons from time to time, but maybe there is more to it. Not sure.

I never ever defend the Knicks though. We are a franchise held hostile by a bumbling idiot.

You can find a guy like Landry Fields in the D-League or the NBA scrap heaps a la Danny Green.  Wingmen who can't shoot or actually do anything well are in abundance.  Post some more article about how in a couple games when Lin started ( and we played horrible teams) he played well.  Who cares? Anybody who has watched the guys knows he sucks.  It's just not a good move for the Raptors.  Will they get Nash now? Prolly but for the next four years they've committed all there money to being a 9th or 10th seed.  It's a mindless move made by a franchise who is forever irrlelvant and seems to want that to continue.

If your SG's best asset is rebounding, he prolly sucks.  They could have simply giving him 3 million a year and the Knicks wouldn't have matched.  No one would have.

And for what I remember, you weren't exactly what I would describe as athletic either so its funny for you of all people to make that crack.

There's been a lot of movement but two days have already proved that the lockout didn't solve anything.

Guys are getting overpaid and the Nets trade for the one guy who got outrageously overpaid a few years ago. No one learned anything.

I thought we were supposed to bring the stars down to the $15 million range, good semi-star players to the $8 million range, and role players to the $3-4 million range.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Essential1

If he hated his role (on the bench/minutes or whatever it was) on 2011-2012 Celtics.. How much will he like his role 2012-2013 Heat?

I'm sure a ring will ease the pain

Ray has already won a ring. Money is going to be more of an issue.

Should have known better than to try to discuss basketball with a LeBron stan
laugh.gif

When you get LeBron D out of your mouth maybe this conversation can be continued.
Yeah, I'm a stan. I've admitted this, do I care? No, because I've been proven right. This era of the Boston Celtics are not beating LeBron James post 2010. Again, deal with it. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You can find a guy like Landry Fields in the D-League or the NBA scrap heaps a la Danny Green.  Wingmen who can't shoot or actually do anything well are in abundance.  Post some more article about how in a couple games when Lin started ( and we played horrible teams) he played well.  Who cares? Anybody who has watched the guys knows he sucks.  It's just not a good move for the Raptors.  Will they get Nash now? Prolly but for the next four years they've committed all there money to being a 9th or 10th seed.  It's a mindless move made by a franchise who is forever irrlelvant and seems to want that to continue.

If your SG's best asset is rebounding, he prolly sucks.  They could have simply giving him 3 million a year and the Knicks wouldn't have matched.  No one would have.

Why did he make the All-Rookie first team? You do realize that was 1 year ago right? Sophomore slump, roster changes, a bad year... it was only his second year. Yes, if Landry Fields plays the way he did in 2012, he is not worth 6.33M. But if he plays the way he did in 2011? He is. And if he improves? More than worth it. 

3M/year for someone who has started this many games in his first 2 years? Yea right. How? The terrible JR Smith, who will not realistically improve because he's been in the league since 2004, will receive more than that. And Landry Fields is a more valuable commodity than JR "I should shoot 35 times a game because I just should" Smith.

I feel like either Allen is seriously considering Memphis or he's not even thinking about Memphis.
laugh.gif

I don't think anyone is offering him the 3 years he wants, though. I don't know about ya'll, but I'll offer 3 years to him. I think Allen has enough longevity to be somewhat effective at the age of 40. His role would decrease as time goes on, but I see him being a solid player at that age. I'll give him 3yrs/$15M and call it a day. That's more money than Miami and probably more than what Boston wants to give. More than likely a better role than he would have with any of those teams. And he'll have a shot, even though its not as high, to win a championship.

At worst, trade him in his last year as an expiring contract.

Schuhmann is reporting that Nets will try and get Ilyasova if Howard falls apart. My only question is how the hell they would go about doing that.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Schuhmann is reporting that Nets will try and get Ilyasova if Howard falls apart. My only question is how the hell they would go about doing that.

The Fields signing for the Raptors smells just like the Turkoglu signing two years ago. It looks like a decent move on paper, he's going to be extremely underwhelming.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm amazed no one has jumped on Ilyasova already

Also, I'm still getting used to the fact that Fab Melo is going to be our starting center next season 
indifferent.gif
 I wish we had the payroll for a decent center, but alas, with Roy Hibbert getting max money, it's not happening.
Raptors making terrible roster decisions as usual 
laugh.gif
 giving Fields $20 mil just to get 3 years of 40-year-old Steve Nash, and promptly slide right back into the cellar thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom