Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by NooEra

the great city of Boston

iCpnyD6kAFifz.gif

indifferent.gif

Three year contract for Jason Kidd. 
sick.gif
 I'm sure he'll retire before then, but still.

Boston is a racist city yet the Celtics were the first team to start five black players , though.

Take it from someone with firsthand experience; Boston is no longer a racist city moreso than anywhere else. Ive never experienced it like that. Come play hard and people don't give a %+@+ what color your skin is. Racism is everywhere and in everyone fam. Not in Boston more than anywhere else.

There goes that lack of sports knowledge so rampant on NT showing again. Boston has no Chance at winning? Then neither does anyone else because clearly they're the only ones who can give Miami a run for their money.
Nah, Boston is racist and one of the whitest big cities in America.

laugh.gif
at Crawford's agent politicking on nt. What good is his record amount of 4 pt plays or scoring 50 on 3 teams to a contender? He is going to play absolutely no defense and shoot 37%

Boston is a racist city yet the Celtics were the first team to start five black players , though.

What does one have to do with the other exactly? In Eastern Europe, you have fans shouting monkey noises and throwing bananas at black soccer players that play for their teams, but I guess that doesn't mean they're racist because after all those black players do actually play there.
eyes.gif

I can't remember what documentary it was exactly, but I've seen an interview with Cedric Maxwell talking about the Celtics in the 80s. The amount of racial undertones in the Lakers-Celtics rivalry of the 80s was staggering. This wasn't the time of slavery or segregation, but of Michael Jackson and Eddie Murphy - the friggin 80s.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

What does one have to do with the other exactly? In Eastern Europe, you have fans shouting monkey noises and throwing bananas at black soccer players that play for their teams, but I guess that doesn't mean they're racist because after all those black players do actually play there.
eyes.gif

I can't remember what documentary it was exactly, but I've seen an interview with Cedric Maxwell talking about the Celtics in the 80s. The amount of racial undertones in the Lakers-Celtics rivalry of the 80s was staggering. This wasn't the time of slavery or segregation, but of Michael Jackson and Eddie Murphy - the friggin 80s.
The Red Sox were the last team to integrate to add on.

So I guess I'll ask the same question : what does what happened in the 80's have to do with happens in the 21st century. It's common knowledge Boston is perceived as a racist city and possibly rightfully so; all I was saying is that I've never experienced it (granted I grew up/reside in a black neighborhood) and I don't at all think it's relevant as to whether or not Ray comes back to Boston. David Ortiz and Paul Pierce are Gods in Boston.

Walk down the street and no one is going to call you a %$!+#! or throw slurs at you . No one is going to look at you sideways because of the color of your skin. No one is going to deny you a job in Boston bc youre black. Can you say the same for certain areas in the South?

Cedric Maxwell loves Boston FTR.

Take it from someone with firsthand experience; Boston is no longer a racist city moreso than anywhere else. Ive never experienced it like that. Come play hard and people don't give a %+@+ what color your skin is. Racism is everywhere and in everyone fam. Not in Boston more than anywhere else.
laugh.gif

nhl_g_joel-ward-21_mb_600.jpg

Ask Joel Ward how he was treated following his game 7 goal vs. the B's. 

How many of those people were actually from Boston, though ? Bruins fan =\= resident of Boston. The Bruins are huge I would bet majority of them were from Western Massachusetts and New Hampshire. And it's hockey, bro. 90% of the people who play hockey have no contact with black people, ever. What can you expect? Pretty poor example.

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

WHAT ABOUT NT's FAVORITE.... JAVALE MCGEE??

seriously. no news about him and its been 4 days... no one wants all this potential???
Indy 
pimp.gif

seriously, we cant start Miles Plumlee

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

WHAT ABOUT NT's FAVORITE.... JAVALE MCGEE??

seriously. no news about him and its been 4 days... no one wants all this potential???
The Nuggets were meeting with him in Los Angeles earlier in the week.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

laugh.gif
at Crawford's agent politicking on nt. What good is his record amount of 4 pt plays or scoring 50 on 3 teams to a contender? He is going to play absolutely no defense and shoot 37%

He scored 50 points in ATL off the bench.  He shot 40% last year.  And I'm pretty sure any contender could use his production.  Like I said, you have to take the ball handling responsibilities away from him, so he cant just decide when he wants to shoot.  I think with a facilitating point guard he can be a pretty deadly weapon

How many of those people were actually from Boston, though ? Bruins fan =\= resident of Boston. The Bruins are huge I would bet majority of them were from Western Massachusetts and New Hampshire. And it's hockey, bro. 90% of the people who play hockey have no contact with black people, ever. What can you expect? Pretty poor example.

You're right.  I wouldn't expect any Bruins fans actually being from Boston. 

Jamal Crawford signs with the Clippers, three years-$15.7 million.
Chauncey Billups re-signs with the Clippers, one year-up to $4.3 million.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Jamal Crawford signs with the Clippers, three years-$15.7 million.
Chauncey Billups re-signs with the Clippers, one year-up to $4.3 million.

Where do you think Nick Young ends up?  Boston???

*shrugs*

Maybe y'all are right. My judgement is obviously clouded due to the fact I've been able to do decent for myself in Boston and have never felt any kind of oppression. And no black people at Fenway? I've never met a black dude hyped to go to a baseball game around my way. No black dude wants to overpay to sit in those old, stiff !+# chairs to watch a game we can watch on NESN at the crib
laugh.gif
Another poor example. A lot f white people in Boston ? Yes. Blacks being oppressed in Boston? No.

^ Bottom line is Miami >>> Boston. Yall got way better fans I'll give you that but Ray has a better chance at winning another ring with the Heat and thats all that should matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom