Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Courtney Lee? :lol:

Uh no they're getting back all their guys from injuries and adding a lot of depth to the bench. You must've forgotten that they were 1 game away from knocking the Heat out WITHOUT Avery Bradley. Now they have him, Jeff Green, Jet, Courtney Lee, their draft picks and of course their starting 5 from last year sans Ray. That is a very good team.

Uh no they're getting back all their guys from injuries and adding a lot of depth to the bench. You must've forgotten that they were 1 game away from knocking the Heat out WITHOUT Avery Bradley. Now they have him, Jeff Green, Jet, Courtney Lee, their draft picks and of course their starting 5 from last year sans Ray. That is a very good team.

but the Heat boosted up their bench as well.

After Brooklyn gave up, Dwight was pretty much destined to go to LA. What other team is out there besides the Lakers? No other team is even going after him.

I understand that. But dude above just tried to act like the Celtics weren't gonna compete at all this year and that is just a wrong statement.

unless something catastrophic happens to LeBron i don't see them passing the Heat but the Celtics are definitely 2-3 in the East.

Last edited:
Damn I wanted Lee on the Wolves :smh:

I'll be surprised if Bynum signs an extension in Cleveland

With Courtney Lee? :lol:

I look at the Celtic team and I see they haven't added anyone that attacks MIA's weaknesses. Terry might be an upgrade over Ray and I can't agree that a healthy Bradley and the addition of Lee will make this team better than they were this past season or get in the way of MIA.

More bench players aint gonna be the way to beat MIA when they've improved their too.

:lol: @ mentioning Jeff Green. How many games has he played for the Celts? I don't think he even played the last two seasons. Why would you mention him like he'd be a plus to what the Celts already have? They'd be lucky as hell if he was a bonus. I mean we don't even know what Jeff Green is gonna be like hen he returns or how he'll even fit in with the team.
but the Heat boosted up their bench as well.

I understand that. But dude above just tried to act like the Celtics weren't gonna compete at all this year and that is just a wrong statement.
No no no. You ASSUMED that. Nothing in my posts says the Celts will not compete this season. That's bull **** you making up. I'm just laughing @ Lee being the piece that'll make the Celts get in the way of MIA or the addition of Terry or a possible healthy Bradley and Green. I aint say nothing about them not making the playoffs

Last edited:
Cavs can give him the max. Him and Kyrie could be contending for a title I'd say 2014. I know that may sound naive but we become a playoff team next season with massive amounts of potential.

Who knows what Waiters becomes

^ Jeff played in the 2011 season bruh.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Adam Silva says he thinks the NBA will implement ads on jerseys as soon as season after next.

Cavs can give him the max. Him and Kyrie could be contending for a title I'd say 2014. I know that may sound naive but we become a playoff team next season with massive amounts of potential.
Who knows what Waiters becomes

Not Naive at all. So many pieces in place to make moves this year and next. The key components of course need to remain healthy.

After Brooklyn gave up, Dwight was pretty much destined to go to LA. What other team is out there besides the Lakers? No other team is even going after him.

I think LA was gonna be the only place he was gonna end up from the start

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Adam Silva says he thinks the NBA will implement ads on jerseys as soon as season after next.

That won't happen, you know how ugly and tacky it will look? This ain't soccer it won't look right and I've said it for awhile it ain't gonna happen. These teams profit enough to where they don't even need to think about this, this ain't the wnba

A series of tweets from Ken Berger of CBS Sports

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

Silver says his sense is that every team is in favor of jersey ads in some form.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

The current idea, which Silver said needs more discussion, is to have a 2-by-2 advertisement patch on the shoulder of jerseys.

Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

Silver says guidelines on jersey ads would be in effect for next season, but the ads wouldn't appear on jerseys until the following season.

I hate it. Terrible move. I'd put more ads on the court before I put anything on the jersey

My young dawg Austin Rivers isn't looking good at all thus far. I had/have high hopes for him:\

However in Orlando and Vegas, Adam Morrison is looking nice. There's definitely a team out there that can use them.

They are going to be 2 x 2 and on the shoulder, not the entire jersey like Euro Leagues and WNBA. I still hate it, and hope they at least keep it confined to Sports related companies like Nike (probably not, conflict of interest), Gatorade, and the like and not local companies who sponsor the team

This whole process is taking too long, I doubt Bynum will sign a contract extension with the Cavs...and even if he does, he'll probably just shoot 3s all season. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom