Official NBA Swingman Jersey Thread! Show your collections, legit checks are welcome!

Why would I want to hoop in a $200 authentic jersey when It's gonna gets all sweaty and worn when I could do it in a swingman
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Who wears basketball jerseys to play basketball in?

I got 33 swingman Jerseys, i refused to pay over $100 for something that's basically a shirt i don't care what anybody says, i still got money to pay bills and go out

I understand the quality part, but at the end of the day its all materialistic stuff, not everybody know if the Jersey i got on its $250

I got 33 swingman Jerseys, i refused to pay over $100 for something that's basically a shirt i don't care what anybody says, i still got money to pay bills and go out

I agree. I have about 40 Swingman jersey's and about 6 Authentics. I like what I like and Swingman's are easier to obtain and of course cheaper. I buy a LOT of shoes, plus bills, 3 kids, 2 of which in college...so at the end of the day I would rather buy/collect what I like and can easily obtain for fair price than pay some jersey snobs outrageous price. They are only worth what you are willing to pay, and for jersey's Swingman's do just fine. Sneaker on the other hand? I won one of the first pairs of Nike Mags on day 1 of the eBay auctions for $5,210. So like I said, decisions...and I'm ok with mine.

Would you rather have 33 swingmans or 10 authentics?

Quality over quantity, my friend.

I buy jerseys out of sheer love for the player/team and because they're good to hoop in. Personally it's hard to justify $200 for a glorified singlet when I can pay 80 for something a little less like what the players wear. I'm not a hardcore collector I don't need authentics.

Who wears basketball jerseys to play basketball in?
I think that those ROFL icons are uncalled for, but your question itself is interesting. I remember that in a part of the documentary "Doin' it in the park" (http://doinitinthepark.com/film), which focuses on pick-up basketball in NYC, they talk about this, some guys mocking players who show up to play in NBA jerseys, and some others just not caring.

K14Gchris, thanks for sharing your insight about New Zealand. Myself, I'm from Spain and personally, when I play indoors with my friends, I always wear an NBA, NCAA or national team jersey. It's more a show-off silly game we have among us than anything else. However, when I play pickup in the park I just wear a nondescript (no-NBA, no-NCAA, no nothing) basketball jersey. How about you guys?
they don't make authentics of everything tho, they only make in swingman versions of certain jerseys.
This. But anyway I always try to buy my jerseys below retail price, in eBay or somewhere else. Retail prices are just ridiculous, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'll email the person if i can get a closer look at the tags and when you say legit replica is that like the Adidas replicas? Also how much is this jersey worth?

Replica as in Champion replicas - it is the same type of jersey as the current adidas replicas, but adidas ones have a horrible cut. at least the ones Champion made back then had a cut that was close enough.

Don't really know about price... replicas aren't worth much in general but a MJ in good condition probably still has good value.

I refuse to pay retail for jerseys, especially authentics. $300 is absolutely ridiculous, especially given the fact that most people can't even really wear them because of the length. I'm not going to feed the beast.

How are the swingman jerseys cut? I wear size XL in shirts, I was looking at a few online I wanted to buy.

Thanks

Hi guys

can i get a legit check on these jordan jerseys? The white one is a female jersey. Thanks heaps guys

Back
Top Bottom