Official NCAA Mens Basketball Bubble Talk

Lets talk about teams on the bubble. I'm quite familiar with the ACC, so I'll try to analyze that conference, and just make my picks for the others.
ACC
Clemson: Should be in, big games against Miami and Maryland coming up.
Miami: Another team that I think is in. If they can manage to beat Clemson, the last two games look manageable(UVA and BC)
Maryland: Had a chance to lock up their spot if they would have won games they should have won at home against VTand at Miami. Now we have two huge games this week (at Wake, and home against Clemson). If MD wins their last 3, they're in, if they split the next twoand win the last, one or two wins in the ACC tournament will get them in.
Virginia Tech: Don't count them out, they've got an easy schedule to finish.
Wake: If they beat UNC today, they've got a great shot at getting in.

Suddenly the ACC has quite a few teams that are in the hunt.

Big East
Marquette: In
Pitt: In
Notre Dame: In
West Virginia: In
Villanova: In
Syracuse: Out

Big 12
K State: In
Baylor: In
Oklahoma: In
Texas A&M: Out

Big 10
Ohio State: Out

Pac 10
USC: In
Arizona: In
Washington State: In
Cal: Out
Arizona State: Out

SEC
Vanderbilt and Tenn are in, nobody else at this point in my opinion.

Please, lets make this and educated college basketball discussion. It's about that time for the greatest postseason tournament in all of sports tobegin.
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
[/color]

Can we all be happy we dont get to see ohio state contend for something.....and then lose. I for one am happy. Africa must be looking like another ohio statecampus with how many losing shirts are over there.

Looks like after last night, UMD will be out, or have troube getting in, they aways do well in the ACC Tournament.

It will also be interesting to see how far Michael Beasley can carry KSU.

How do you have Syraquse out? Arent they ranked like #24 or so??

I think Arizona might have been on the bubble until we won at Wazzu yesterday.
Good thing the SOS is #1 in the nation. That will really help us. I hope we can go at least to the PAC 10 tourny championship game to help our seeding. Rightnow I see us as a #8 or #9

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

They have a tough final four games. Notre Dame, Pitt, and Marquette. They also have Seton Hall, which isn't great, but competitive.

I think A&M plays themselves in over the last couple of weeks... Their backs are against the wall now, and I honestly think there's too much talent onthat team for them to miss out. That loss the Nebraska yesterday really puts them in a tough spot, though.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think A&M plays themselves in over the last couple of weeks... Their backs are against the wall now, and I honestly think there's too much talent on that team for them to miss out. That loss the Nebraska yesterday really puts them in a tough spot, though.

I think we're gonna need to win 3 of our last 4 to get in, and that's gonna be pretty tough to do. We get Texas Tech at home (who we never beat),then go to Oklahoma (who has been coming together pretty good), then go to Baylor (just as inconsistent as we are), then finish off with Kansas at home.
Idon't really see us finishing 3-1 in the last 4, so we're gonna need to make it pretty deep in the Big XII tourney to have a chance. If the seasonended today, we would have the 4 seed in the Big XII tourney which means we would have to face the winner of the Baylor vs. Colorado.

Vanderbilt and Tenn are in, nobody else at this point in my opinion.
You think the SEC is only getting 2 bids? Or are you just saying that these are the only "locks" right now?

I'd agree that Tennessee and Vanderbilt are locks.

Also, I think Arkansas and Mississippi State are in the "probably in, but don't do anything stupid" category. Arkansas has more signature winsthan State, but MSU leads the western division by 2 games and hasn't lost a game to any team outside the Top 100, so no ugly losses there.

Florida, Ole Miss and Kentucky (in that order) all have work still to do. Florida has a gaudy record, but their strength of schedule sort of exposes that. Still, a winning SEC record might be enough. Ole Miss, after starting 13-0 in nonconference play, is playing itself out of the tournament. They just lost by20 last night to LSU, bringing them to 8 conference losses. I think they need to go at least 7-9 in the SEC to have a chance. Kentucky has a great conferencerecord and has been playing like one of the four or five best teams in the SEC recently. But is it too little too late? It would be hard to ignore a 12-4league record despite the horrible showing in nonconference play. Their strength of schedule also helps. Luckily for the other leagues, I don't seeanyone outside of these top 4 or 5 winning the SEC Tournament.

I think somehow we will end up with 5 bids, which is more than I would have guessed heading into January... this truly has been a down year for the SEC.

Maryland really likes to make me mad with their up and down play, they need to get their act together.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

I think Arizona might have been on the bubble until we won at Wazzu yesterday.
Good thing the SOS is #1 in the nation. That will really help us. I hope we can go at least to the PAC 10 tourny championship game to help our seeding. Right now I see us as a #8 or #9

Lunardi said he'd have us at a 6.
Arizona's #1 SOS is definitely a factor and after sweeping Wazzu the streak of tourney appearances continues. If we can close out and beat USC, Oregon St., and Oregon and win a couple games in the Pac-10 tournament then it will really help our cause. I think when itsall said and done we get a 6 or 7 seed.

That would be Women's ball
laugh.gif

Not sure You can have Nova in, if you have Cuse out right now though.

AZ St. and A&M are IN.

This post sucks.

This post is kind of redundant.. all the bball talk is in the bball post right now, there's even been a couple of the bubble watches from ESPN posted anddiscussed.. why dont' you just head over there if you wanna talk hoops with all of us?

Good call, we have Wisconsin, Michigan State, Purdue, AND Indiana left on our schedule along withMinnesota...murderer's row if I've ever heard of one. Next year we will be a lot better though.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Good call, we have Wisconsin, Michigan State, Purdue, AND Indiana left on our schedule along with Minnesota...murderer's row if I've ever heard of one. Next year we will be a lot better though.

Looking at it the wrong way - you control your destiny, knock off two or three of those teams and you're sitting pretty good... if you were to finishwith a bunch of cupcakes, nobody would care if you won or lost.

Yea, sadly for ohio state, the Big 10 is actually competitve in basketball, if only the same coud be said about football, back to being a middle of the packBig 10 basketball team.

Well, Matta is there right now and they arent going to make the tourament this year. I know they lost a lot of good players, but Diebler and Kufous weresupposed to AT least get them there. The strength of teams like Mich. St, IU, Wisconsin are going to make them the trail blazers for teams ike osu to keep upwith as far as the payers they get. They ost to UM....come on.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

back to being a middle of the pack Big 10 basketball team.
laugh.gif
...as long as Matta is there, they will be one of the Big 10's best.

laugh.gif
seriously, they lose two of the best players in collegebasketball last year and they're supposed to just bounce back into the national title game again? Jeez, give them a year anyways.

It will also be interesting to see how far Michael Beasley can carry KSU.
he will carry k-state all the way to a national title, melo style.
pimp.gif
beasley and walker are the most dominant duo in the country. all the rest of the players have to do is play decent and contribute when called upon andbeasley and walker will take care of the rest.

this is a HUGE week coming up for k-state. vs texas monday and the rematch @ kansas saturday. they win both and they're right back in the top 25.they'll win vs texas but @ kansas is gonna be a tough task. the rematch in lawrence is gonna be insane! b-easy is gonna drop 50 and single handedly silencethe fieldhouse.
eek.gif

Arizona State isn't out yet. If they go 3-1 the rest of the regular season, that puts them at 10-8 in conference play, which gets you into the tourney thisyear from the Pac-10. And realistically, WSU needs to win one of its last three to solidify a bid. No Pac-10 team has ever made it in with a 9-9 conferencerecord. I know it's the toughest the conference has ever been, but ten conference wins is still the magic number.

ASU has 4 wins over teams top 25 RPI... which makes its case better than most bubble teams already.

This year, a Pac 10 team with a 9-9 record will get in the tourney, believe that.

Back
Top Bottom