Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

and THIS is why you should always think for yourself 

edit: i realize that may have sounded too harsh.  what i meant was that you should always judge for yourself whether something is worth a certain price
Yeah I mean c-notes have always intrigued me but I haven't really priced them out til just now.

I thought new balance stopped production on the 993.

Damn what did I start :lol:

My j crew 998 Indy came in also . I can say these and my pebble blues have thicker and better shape than all my other general release 998s.

Toe areas have no dents and no dimples. Ready to stick in my sneaker shields and keep that Deadstock shape forever :smokin

I noticed the same thing about the toe area and overall structure compared to my tannerys and c-notes, and now the MDs too.

has anyone heard of/seen any fake j.crew collab 998's?

what i've seen with fakes is that they usually make fakes of the more highly sought after colorways/models.

hard to imagine theyd be faking some simple j.crew joints...

has anyone heard of/seen any fake j.crew collab 998's?

what i've seen with fakes is that they usually make fakes of the more highly sought after colorways/models.

hard to imagine theyd be faking some simple j.crew joints...

They do, peep these struggle pebble blues..

has anyone ever went a full size down from their true size on a pair of 998's. Unsuccessful finding a pair of infernos in my size so might just bite the bullet and go in blind. Any input would be appreciated, thanks

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo someone took the 998grb in my size noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

has anyone ever went a full size down from their true size on a pair of 998's. Unsuccessful finding a pair of infernos in my size so might just bite the bullet and go in blind. Any input would be appreciated, thanks

I go a full size down but i have narrow feet. I''m usually an 8.5 in most nike/asic runners but i went down to a 7.5. The 998 fit snug but really long on me, I actually originally purchased an 8 but was still getting heel slip even when laced all the way up.

Last edited:

I probably wouldn't recommend it. Going .5 down seems to be the sweet spot, but anymore than that and you're asking for unwearable discomfort. Nothing worse than owning a pair of shoes you can't wear because they fit too tightly. Try to be patient man...

I go half size down and fits perfect for me. With really thin socks it's a little roomy but probably not enough to go a full size down. Before you pull the trigger on a full size down inferno, why don't you do a trial with a store that takes free returns. Maybe try the jcrew pebble blues?

I just sent a pair of Independence Day 998's back to j crew in a size 10. Keep an eye out on j crew for anyone needing those. I've got the 998bt's as well and they're just too similar in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom