Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Finally got on the M998 Pebble Blue bandwagon today. Ordered them a week ago by phone in store since neither of the two J. Crews in my area carry the Pebble Blue. Was able to get 15% off by saying I was a student, would suggest y'all try that out if you're looking for a discount. Shoes look great so far, can't wait to wear them. 

Also, on the Pebble Blues there is like a harder region around the tip of the toe box. I noticed my 996s didn't have this, and didn't notice it when I tried on a pair of 998 in store. Is it there just to help hold the shape of the toe box? 

I just don't see the $400 , i'm sorry I'm really trying but I can't 

I also can't choose my favorites from the collection, but they seem to be really really widely available and finding under retail won't be a problem. May have most if not all (sans Horweens, keep those...) this time next year

@jackiesboyg  I hope every single person who tries to resell those loses money

@rchrstphr  True but my pockets still shivered a little

I just don't see the $400 , i'm sorry I'm really trying but I can't 

I also can't choose my favorites from the collection, but they seem to be really really widely available and finding under retail won't be a problem. May have most if not all (sans Horweens, keep those...) this time next year

@jackiesboyg  I hope every single person who tries to resell those loses money

@rchrstphr  True but my pockets still shivered a little
The Premium stuff wont be widely available (Black 997,Sand 996 and Buffalo Leather 1300). Shops are only getting 12-18 pairs max 

NB are trying to limited product to create a little buzz behind their product and from next year onward they will have a new distribution strategy. 

Last edited:
My first ones. Got them for $180 vnds. 
smile.gif

Man I've been eyeballing those 996s since they were shown. Hurts to hear they'll be limited. Any info on a release date?

When you start spending this kind of money on a pair of shoes you expect to get ITALIAN CRAFTSMANSHIP. If people pay those prices for horweens we can expect more ridiculous prices in the future

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom