Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

that's true about the wrinkly suede on the toe.  have to agree the older pairs never had those.  also when you press down on the toe to give it a nicer-looking shape the toe wrinkles get worse on some pairs.  definitely a craftsmanship issue.   i have a few pairs like that, with wrinkles on the medial side too. 

another issue is they get a little careless with the grinder.  like they'll create lines in the suede or even grind/scratch the plastic part on the heel. 

that's true about the wrinkly suede on the toe.  have to agree the older pairs never had those.  also when you press down on the toe to give it a nicer-looking shape the toe wrinkles get worse on some pairs.  definitely a craftsmanship issue.   i have a few pairs like that, with wrinkles on the medial side too. 

another issue is they get a little careless with the grinder.  like they'll create lines in the suede or even grind/scratch the plastic part on the heel. 
All kinds of issues with NB1.  All my GR's and collabs come out fine. 

Thanks Rambo!

Here is how the cyclone color looks compared to the blue of the 997DTE and 998BD.  Considerably lighter. 

That cyclone blue looks nicer to me. You seems to favor 997 and 998. Im in love over these 2 series too. Although I only own one pair currently which is 997CCF. Grand Tourer on its way.

Thanks Rambo!
Here is how the cyclone color looks compared to the blue of the 997DTE and 998BD.  Considerably lighter. 
That cyclone blue looks nicer to me. You seems to favor 997 and 998. Im in love over these 2 series too. Although I only own one pair currently which is 997CCF. Grand Tourer on its way.
I would highly recommend picking up any of the 998's out now, the 997 is great but the comfort on the 998 is significantly better than the 997 and probably one of the best fitting models out in the USA/UK category. I would keep an eye on all the boutiques that stock 998's since most likely many will be hitting clearance prices now that Winter is ending. Your same size should fit in these with maybe more room in the toe depending on the materials. 

its because they are cutting the suede thinner to cut down on price. The reason why they wrinkle is because of how loosely woven the mesh is and the combined weight of the attached suede which seems to be razor thin these days. Not only on the NB1's though my 997 explore by seas are very thin too and the outside toe box tends to crease if I put enough pressure on the front foot. 

I would highly recommend picking up any of the 998's out now, the 997 is great but the comfort on the 998 is significantly better than the 997 and probably one of the best fitting models out in the USA/UK category. I would keep an eye on all the boutiques that stock 998's since most likely many will be hitting clearance prices now that Winter is ending. Your same size should fit in these with maybe more room in the toe depending on the materials. 

I size down 0.5 from my TTS on my 998 cause my heel was slipping in my 997. Not severe that heel is out of shoes. But movement is definitely there. Was thinking if 1 size down will be better

Initially was considering to cop 1400br from footpatrol. But after reading so many negative reviews on their online services, decided to give it a miss. Save the hassle of chasing and emailing etc.

Last couple customs that arrived...... Ebates is back at 20% btw. Use burrow for extra 20% if you spend more then 200 or use football for 15% off if less then 200..... I had to order another custom at that deal.

Last couple customs that arrived...... Ebates is back at 20% btw. Use burrow for extra 20% if you spend more then 200 or use football for 15% off if less then 200..... I had to order another custom at that deal.

Awesome. 40%! But does anyone here tried if shipping using forwarder to SGP will also enjoy the ebates?

its because they are cutting the suede thinner to cut down on price. The reason why they wrinkle is because of how loosely woven the mesh is and the combined weight of the attached suede which seems to be razor thin these days. Not only on the NB1's though my 997 explore by seas are very thin too and the outside toe box tends to crease if I put enough pressure on the front foot. 
That's unfortunate.  I believe you are right on the money.  I've seen the same excessive wrinkle issue on both of the on feet pics of the 998DBOA from the explore by the sea pack.  

Wish I could come up with something for an orange CW. Gotta burn this gc up with all these 20% off ebates & code

i've entered BURROW for M997 Horween but the amount is still $379.99 (Not Applied Coupon Number: BURROW).

Any idea?

i've entered BURROW for M997 Horween but the amount is still $379.99 (Not Applied Coupon Number: BURROW).

Any idea?

The burrow code is for $200 plus but seems like it's excluded from a lot of stuff. Last edit it seems like all these codes only apply to the NB1's and some older lifestyle stuff/ MiChina stuff. Oh well I'll take 40% off on a couple NB1s!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom