Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1300JP are made in Japan. That's the whole point and the reason why they are far more expensive
nah doggy they miUSA. this pic via fieg. the jp is cause they were so sought after there. the price tag is cause they're so close to the og, they had to do a lot of tweaking and work to get it that close to 1985. 

http://*************.com/news/2015/03/new-balance-1300jp-history

Production of 1300JP retros at New Balance’s stateside factories is carefully scrutinized by the Japanese team that visits the facilities often for quality control. Tetsuya Shono, New Balance Japan’s senior lifestyle category manager, related a story about one of those factory visits that illustrates the dedication to the craft that factory workers here in the U.S. have:
I can share a funny story about the development of the 1300JP in 2010. There is an inner stitch on the “N” logo, and we were stitching the corner of the logo to be purposely rounded to look identical to the 1985 original. I think that specification happened just by coincidence, but we wanted to replicate this rounded stitch and we asked to do that on the development side in the U.S. However, samples came back with a straight lined, acute angle stitch. This happened because the US factory associates are very proud of their techniques and craftsmanship, so they did their best work so that the stitch was very neat. After that, I asked them to stitch the corner to be rounded again, but they couldn’t understand the purpose because they always want to put their best work forward—why make something purposely not good when they can make them perfect with their professional techniques? It took a while to convince them, but the stitch became rounded and it was a good learning in different perceptions of “best.”

​
 ​
While the New Balance 1300 is a flagship model for the brand’s Made in USA range, the sneaker’s production hasn’t always been a strictly American affair. There was a Korean version, and Flimby factories in the U.K. produced pairs for some time as well.

Gardner explains that different factories served different geographic locations, which led to a sort of accidental introduction of the idea of regionally exclusive sneaker releases.

“It was easier to have it made locally for the European market and the same for the U.S. market,” Gardner said. “Both factories were originally made so we could serve the local markets much better and faster. Korea at the time was serving Japan too, and in a lot of cases back then, that’s why you would see those shoes come out of each of those regions.”

Last edited:
Apologies if I am breaking some forum etiquette by posting a couple of days wear at once but I only get to wear my sneakers on weekends and here is what I wore these last 4 days:

Friday awaiting my car

Saturday

Sunday

Today

Last edited:
^should be able to put
tage on those to make pics show up instead of links.

still need those 998cplo's, for some reason i have not been able to find those for cheap. the few pairs on ebay cheapest i found was $149.88. need those in the $105-$120 range. would prob cop this weekend from a labor day sale if i had not already bought the packer gl3 and two pairs of bred 1's.

great info on the 1300jp guys, i knew someone would have more info on those.

Last edited:

The JP only says made in USA on the inside of the tongue in this small print unlike other 1300 where it's on the front like most made in USA new balances... Prob which gets people confused that they were made in japan. Also I believe they used to be a japan exclusive at one time or another when they would come out I think.

Absolutely love the age of exploration M990V2s, but for the life of me, I can't find any sizing info for the M990V2s here in this thread or anywhere.. any help guys? I really hate the sizing but hoping you guys provide some assistance.

For what it's worth, my sizing is in terms of length

NB 1300 USA - 9.5
NB 998GR USA - I'm in between a 9.5 and 10. The length too snug on the 9.5 and then too big on the 10 :frown:

Nike Flyknit Racer - 10
Nike Flyknit Chukka - 10

Adidas Ultra Boost Wools - 10

Seems like I should get a 9.5? Don't want a snug fit, just something comfortable. ah Thanks guys!

speaking of 1300's....i have four pairs of rare korean made 1300's from the 80's in navy blue

thinking about selling one pair (size 11) if anyone is interested

also, i would totally trade one of my navy ones for the even rarer burgundy or grey pairs.

on another note, i have a pair of 1995 JP's that are beat to ****, but the sole has held up and they are still solid and wearable, even though they aren't vibram

Last edited:
I want those 1300's Horween still haven't pulled the trigger on those.

I have those and they are pretty dope.

30% off on the 998 Bespoke Horweens!?!?!?!? :wow: Copped. :lol: Thanks for the heads up. :nthat:

EDIT: Copped with the quickness that my credit card company's fraud unit came back calling in less than a minute I placed my order :rofl:

Another EDIT: Damn :x

Last edited:
:lol: I had to make a call to NB customer service about concerns on my NB1 order (seems like they may have made the same sneaker twice) & the rep started looking at all my orders and was like, "You have good taste", (Surplus orders and NB1 designs). I also asked about when they're dropping a NB1 Premium option. Still no word on when.. :rolleyes

You guys think the Surplus Pack will sit long enough for some discounts to roll around?

If they are a must why risk it? Price is reasonable and you know that quality is on point. Other side of the coin I saw a colorway of the 670 last year I just had to have. Did wait for like 20% off but but during the Holiday rush I could have easily copped for like $70 to $85. My opinion I wouldn't be shocked if some picked this up on at least 30% discount in a month or two.

Digging the Humboldt NB1's. Thought I was the only one up here tryin to get nice runners. Good to see another head on here.

Thanks bro! I actually live in LA now but I lived in the Bay for 8 years and thought I'd make a pair inspired by the Humboldt agriculture lol.

I really want the 576 and 1500 from the surplus pack, but really need to stop buying shoes right now... 

Last edited:
So I wear a sz 9 in the norse x NB 1500
and a sz 9 in the hanon x NB 1500
but I wear a sz 9.5 in the gentleman's pack
so do you think I can wear a 9.5 in the surplus pack 1500?

I really want the 576 and 1500 from the surplus pack, but really need to stop buying shoes right now... 
I'm in the same boat. It seems as though asome places are back dooring them for lower prices. There was a kid on FB group that was selling for below retail but after shipping it was pretty much retail and I'm sure all the NB employees cleaned up NB.com with there discount

Did anyone bite on the Ash at the $220 price? I cant stop thinking about those shoes. Rise always has well done photos.

Did anyone bite on the Ash at the $220 price? I cant stop thinking about those shoes. Rise always has well done photos.
I'm waiting patiently for something cheaper. I didn't notice the navy blue leather on the back and sockliner. Nice touch.

Back
Top Bottom