Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

:nerd:

Last edited:
This Surplus 1500 has me feeling snakebit. Second pair came in yesterday, this pair from Extra Butter. Same issue with the left upper coming unglued. This pair is getting more limited every day with my two returns.
 so what's your opinion on sizing? can you compare it to other 1500 miuk? did you went with your 998 or 997 size? have to be sure bc i have to order abroad, so returning would be kind of pain in the ***.... and the comment by @HumboldtDr  about them fitting small makes me extra cautious now :/

Hopefully no trash models like that trailbuster
I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as they just had a pop up with EB for their trail/lifestyle shoes. Seems like their trying to push those models more and more. I wish NB did a crossover project were concepts works with the MiUK team for a series of 1500,577,670 and another European store works with the MiUS team for a series of 998,997,585.

This Surplus 1500 has me feeling snakebit. Second pair came in yesterday, this pair from Extra Butter. Same issue with the left upper coming unglued. This pair is getting more limited every day with my two returns.
This is why I refuse to pay retail for NB no matter how limitd they are. Quality control is just straight up bad now even with UK and USA pairs

I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as they just had a pop up with EB for their trail/lifestyle shoes. Seems like their trying to push those models more and more. I wish NB did a crossover project were concepts works with the MiUK team for a series of 1500,577,670 and another European store works with the MiUS team for a series of 998,997,585.
woah this is actually a really awesome idea 

NB needs to mix it up a bunch, even if they let a few different US shops work on miUK models and vice versa

I feel like a miUSA 997 from a euro shop like Hanon or Patta could be incredible

NB needs to mix it up a bunch, even if they let a few different US shops work on miUK models and vice versa

I feel like a miUSA 997 from a euro shop like Hanon or Patta could be incredible
Yea, I mean I understand its a lot of communication but with technology now days it really isn't hard to set up video messages. I've had that idea marinating in my head for some time lol. It really is a shame the lifestyle employees at NB aren't really in touch with the consumer.

so what's your opinion on sizing? can you compare it to other 1500 miuk? did you went with your 998 or 997 size? have to be sure bc i have to order abroad, so returning would be kind of pain in the ***.... and the comment by @HumboldtDr  about them fitting small makes me extra cautious now :/
Personally they fit me like my other 1500's.   I wear 10.5 in everything NB except the 998 where I occasionally downsize to a 10.  Both of my Surplus 1500 pairs were 10.5 and fit nicely.  

Yea, I mean I understand its a lot of communication but with technology now days it really isn't hard to set up video messages. I've had that idea marinating in my head for some time lol. It really is a shame the lifestyle employees at NB aren't really in touch with the consumer.

This is why I refuse to pay retail for NB no matter how limitd they are. Quality control is just straight up bad now even with UK and USA pairs
every company is going to have product go out the door that shouldn't. I deal with shoes that are much smaller production and much more expensive then NB and occasionally you get a messed up shoe. It is what it is. I understand not paying retail for NB as most models go on discount through the retailers or ebay etc but if a shoe is messed up, whether you paid $200 or $100 shouldn't really matter, its a bad shoe and should be returned/exchanged. I have a number of NB, I haven't worn them all or taken a magnifying glass to them but I have not had one QC issue. 

every company is going to have product go out the door that shouldn't. I deal with shoes that are much smaller production and much more expensive then NB and occasionally you get a messed up shoe. It is what it is. I understand not paying retail for NB as most models go on discount through the retailers or ebay etc but if a shoe is messed up, whether you paid $200 or $100 shouldn't really matter, its a bad shoe and should be returned/exchanged. I have a number of NB, I haven't worn them all or taken a magnifying glass to them but I have not had one QC issue. 
Not sure I understand ur point

I'd say go TTS. 
I went .5 down to my 998/997 size and they are tight as **** around the forefoot.
You could probably get away with .5 down if you have a narrow foot but could still be tight.

Late reply my bad

But thanks for the info. I'm jus gonna go TTS and go from there.

There are ALOT of QC issues with NB. T me its not a big deal, you just return for another pair or get your money back. After all they are a business so they are trying to get the most bang for their buck. In my experience if you are pleasant about the issue, contact the right people you will most likely be taken care.

Whats up fellas

Had to get these on feet asap

If anyone is looking to buy these, they run BIG so much room in the toe box, i have wide feet and im wearing a thick sock but im still swimming in them. The leather is very thin.

Yeah the QC issues with the 1500 Surplus Pack is weird, but lowkey after staring at my pair and the pairs that have the 1500 decal on them. I like mine a lot more.. It give the pair without the 1500 branding more of a British tanner look. (minimum branding) Really digging them! 
pimp.gif

so what's your opinion on sizing? can you compare it to other 1500 miuk? did you went with your 998 or 997 size? have to be sure bc i have to order abroad, so returning would be kind of pain in the ***.... and the comment by @HumboldtDr
 about them fitting small makes me extra cautious now :/

I've recently started going up a 1/2 size on recent 1500's from my 996/997/998 size. It's strange ordering 11.5 in a miUK/USA pair for me. I've been a solid 11 for 10+ years.

Not sure if it's just me but I feel like recent 1500's are shorter than years past.

Yeah the QC issues with the 1500 Surplus Pack is weird, but lowkey after staring at my pair and the pairs that have the 1500 decal on them. I like mine a lot more.. It give the pair without the 1500 branding more of a British tanner look. (minimum branding) Really digging them! 
pimp.gif
the product picture of the shop i just ordered from didn't show the 1500 branding either... will see which 'version' gets delivered to my doorstep...

been playing with it for last hour and just can not pull the trigger. was considering all powder with grey toe cap & N but just dont know. been playing with nb1 last few days and could not make a decision so i ordered the 998dpho's instead. hope that nubuck does not disappoint.

Random question. Does anyone have any experience selling on Stockx? I got my hands on a certain hyped pair of shoes releasing this weekend from another brand that I am unashamedly reselling purely for the purpose of having more funds to purchase more New Balances, lol. Just wondering what others' experiences have been like.

As an FYI, I am sorry if this offends anyone. I hate resellers personally and have never paid resell prices before but I have come to accept this is today's sneaker game. This is also the reason why I love NB, not nearly the amount of hype as other brands but still A+.

Back
Top Bottom