Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Did you grab that 12
laugh.gif
Someone beat me to the punch.  Not a huge fan of it, but at 75 I would have pulled the trigger.
laugh.gif

Ordered the butterscotch 997s on Thursday, shoes arrived today. Needless to say I was excited. Got home, opened the box to find a shiny new pair of hilltop 998s. Shoes have been taken off the site, customer service says they're completely out of stock, best she could do was offer a $50 gift card. Completely bummed. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

Wow that stinks... Do you already own the HTB 998s? if not, those are amazing but I know it still sucks to miss out on the butterscotches but the $50 on top is nice :smokin

Ordered the butterscotch 997s on Thursday, shoes arrived today. Needless to say I was excited. Got home, opened the box to find a shiny new pair of hilltop 998s. Shoes have been taken off the site, customer service says they're completely out of stock, best she could do was offer a $50 gift card. Completely bummed. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

What size?

My Top 5 NB 998 GR Releases of 2016..​
 ​
5. NB 998 CHI​
4. NB 998 DMON​
3. 998 DBOA​
2. NB 998 BESP​
1. NB 998 DPHO ​
 ​
 ​

I'll play

My Top 5 NB 998 GR Releases of 2016..

1.NB 998 DBOA
2. NB 998 Concepts rivalry pack
3. NB 998 CHI
4. NB 998 M998DPHO
5. NB 998 J Crew Greenback

You can't call the Greenbacks & Concepts RV Pack GR's tho... Those are Collabs in my eyes. For real though, the CHI's grew on me....​

Last edited:

For real though, the CHI's grew on me....​
I have my eye on one but I've not pulled the trigger yet.. I think this could be the best beater for the winter season/ holiday gatherings

Or the J crew Greenbacks... 
sick.gif

Also still looking for a lead for a 10.5 997BEXP... aka the one that got away 
tired.gif

Last edited:
998DBOA

997DSAI

998DPHO

998CPLO

997CSP

can not remember if the 997DCS came out this year but if they did they would replace the 998CPLO's. that olive nubuck is butter. 

if i had to choose but so many others worth noting. 

Last edited:
The NB 998 CSEF's are like the Frank Ocean tape tho.. They dont meet the cut-off for 2016. They dropped in late December of 2015 homie.. :lol:

Trust me! They would have been on my list.​

lol that article knows how to hype up a NB. makes them sound so good. that shoe is so simple but so perfect. 

Agreed DBOA being the top GR release. Missed out on it due to starting NB late. Love that tongue details. Can't find it out there anymore.

998DBOA

997DSAI

998DPHO

998CPLO

997CSP

can not remember if the 997DCS came out this year but if they did they would replace the 998CPLO's. that olive nubuck is butter. 

if i had to choose but so many others worth noting. 
I have 3/5 on your list...you have chosen wisely! hhaha!

I'd like to add just off the top of the dome:

ML2016BK: (entire pack really) The leather is beyond dope, the pebbled leather on the tongue, and suede on the heel tab. The guts are all memory foam insert, with comfort elements on the heal, the leather patch on the sole. Just a murdered out shoe IMO...The Brown and Grey are just as dope too...AND they are on discount everytwhere for way under the $190 retail

577ETO: (Majority of the pack) Super amazing shoe, bright colors, the 3M hits, the story behind it. Comfort as always....I have the orange and would like the purple and teal as well. Waiting to see my size ride and price fall.

998DPHO: So fresh so clean! WAY better in person! The grey out sole really helps make the shoe; I thought it was white from all the pictures on line. The smell is better than coffee in the AM! LOL! The newbuk is creamy and rich to the touch. When these hit outlets I'd double up for sure. A few months back Nubuk was up grade on NB1 and I passed because well I had no clue what it would look of feel like as Timberlands were my only touch reference. Promise when they bring back Nubuk or perf toe I will blow up the order inbox!

576PKG: Perf suede toe box, dope color blocking, made in UK, I shouldn't have to say more but IMO another slept on shoe. The grey joints are dope and IMO WAY better for a fall call up vs summer when they came out. IMO the pack got lost in the summer flood of kicks and the colors in the pack made no sense to me. Black n Grey cool, Black n royal blue...ok...the all red ones? Blurg! Hanon had them on sale for $70! I was tempted to double up!

M1500BY: DO NOT HAVE it ...YET! LOL!! Waiting on Black Friday codes(fingers crossed. In past years have the UK botiques done BF codes?) Anyways...Black and Yellow? Wu-Tang colors? Sold!

I have 3/5 on your list...you have chosen wisely! hhaha!

I'd like to add just off the top of the dome:

ML2016BK: (entire pack really) The leather is beyond dope, the pebbled leather on the tongue, and suede on the heel tab. The guts are all memory foam insert, with comfort elements on the heal, the leather patch on the sole. Just a murdered out shoe IMO...The Brown and Grey are just as dope too...AND they are on discount everytwhere for way under the $190 retail
i was close to grabbing the brown ML2016 cos they remind me of wholecut dress shoes, but had no idea how they would crease so i held back

Back
Top Bottom